1.    #1  
    thanks
    There isnt a Reset button on the back? If so, (and I am presumming) then all you do is hold down the power button (red/call end) while you reset the Treo. If its the same hardware as the 700p, that should be the ticket!
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    It doesn't have a reset button.

To do a soft reset, you have to pop the battery.

To do a hard reset I assume it's like the 680 - hold the power button while you replace the battery and then release it when the Palm logo appears.
    Theyre doing away with the reset button...? I guess most people overlooked that in the reviews! Or I overlooked it in the 680/750 reviews!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Theyre doing away with the reset button...? I guess most people overlooked that in the reviews! Or I overlooked it in the 680/750 reviews!

The reset button isn't a big thing.
    I even find it easier myself to just pop the battery out and then pop it back in rather than pressing the button with the stylus.
    Heck, most people do. That's why Palm did away with it.
    =D
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post
    It doesn't have a reset button.

To do a soft reset, you have to pop the battery.

To do a hard reset I assume it's like the 680 - hold the power button while you replace the battery and then release it when the Palm logo appears.
    Exactly as he says. I did one last night as I synced my new phone before I installed the new software, so wanted to start over. It doesn't say anything about a hard reset in any manuals. I just figured I'd try holding the power button when I reinstalled the battery and released it when the Access Powered (replaced the Palm) screen came up.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Why the heck would they not put a reset button on this phone?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    I even find it easier myself to just pop the battery out and then pop it back in rather than pressing the button with the stylus.
    Unless you have the replacement battery cover with the larger hole, like I have for the 650. It would've been convenient to have the option on the 755, but oh well . . .
    Why no reset? Because popping the battery out is pretty much as easy as unscrewing your stylus and using it to push a reset button. In fact, for the common user, pulling the battery is probably easier and more user friendly. Now for those of you who drilled holes through the battery cover.... Well, you aren't going to be happy.

I will say, though, it's way better pulling the battery than it is trying to reset a 750 (where the reset button is under the miniSD card slot if I remember right). Now, that would have been really frustrating.
    Losing the reset button was a bad idea.

I know some of you don't give a damn about it, but many people put their Treo's in cases, and preferred having a reset hole they could press through the battery (or any applicable) door.

Taking out the battery is a pain in the ***.

By the way, the manual under "My Treo" on the phone, lists the steps for a hard reset. That's how I performed on, this morning.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Losing the reset button was a bad idea.

I know some of you don't give a damn about it, but many people put their Treo's in cases, and preferred having a reset hole they could press through the battery (or any applicable) door.

Taking out the battery is a pain in the ***.

By the way, the manual under "My Treo" on the phone, lists the steps for a hard reset. That's how I performed on, this morning.
    If your case has a hole reset hole in it (or if you add one yourself).
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright