1.    #1  
    My girlfriend and I share a Sprint PCS account. We've had our phones (Samsung clam shell and a Treo 650) for 2 and a half years. Our contract had expired and we were doing the month-to-month thing.

1) We got her a 755P in the only color they had available, at the time - midnight blue. Locally, they gave us a deal like we were brand-new customers (not just the $150 credit). We paid $379 in the store and got a $100 mail-in rebate. Final price, in-person = $279.

2) No local corporate stores have the burgundy model and don't know when they'll get them.

3) I was told that I could purchase a burgundy model (without sacrificing local service/exchange options) by pressing *2. The phone rep. said we'd have to pay full price, $579.99, then get a $150 mail-in rebate. Final price, by-phone = $429.99.

I think I may save that money, go back to the store, and get a 755p in midnight blue.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    My girlfriend and I share a Sprint PCS account. We've had our phones (Samsung clam shell and a Treo 650) for 2 and a half years. Our contract had expired and we were doing the month-to-month thing.

1) We got her a 755P in the only color they had available, at the time - midnight blue. Locally, they gave us a deal like we were brand-new customers (not just the $150 credit). We paid $379 in the store and got a $100 mail-in rebate. Final price, in-person = $279.

2) No local corporate stores have the burgundy model and don't know when they'll get them.

3) I was told that I could purchase a burgundy model (without sacrificing local service/exchange options) by pressing *2. The phone rep. said we'd have to pay full price, $579.99, then get a $150 mail-in rebate. Final price, by-phone = $429.99.

I think I may save that money, go back to the store, and get a 755p in midnight blue.
    When I got my 755p yesterday from my Sprint store, they also had no burgundy available, so I got a blue one.

What you can do though, which is what I will probably do, is get a blue 755p, and then hopefully exchange it for a burgundy 755p in a few weeks.
    How?
    Return policy: You have 30 days to return a newly purchased phone, no questions asked.

So just return your blue one, and then pickup a burgundy one.
    Simple as that.
    [=
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    When I got my 755p yesterday from my Sprint store, they also had no burgundy available, so I got a blue one.

What you can do though, which is what I will probably do, is get a blue 755p, and then hopefully exchange it for a burgundy 755p in a few weeks.
    How?
    Return policy: You have 30 days to return a newly purchased phone, no questions asked.

So just return your blue one, and then pickup a burgundy one.
    Simple as that.
    [=

(Btw, the guy in the store tried to tell us that you couldn't return it within 30 days unless something was wrong with it. We'll work it out one way or another, though.)
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post

(Btw, the guy in the store tried to tell us that you couldn't return it within 30 days unless something was wrong with it. We'll work it out one way or another, though.)
    Err I knew stores over in my area wouldn't have the burgundy so I went thru retentions to get one. Got a great deal too even if my contract wasn't up yet. I'm kinda happy the burgundy wasn't in my stores because I would have bought it for full price. I've read on this forum that there are a few stores out there that have received the burgundy 755p. Anyway, that guy is an ahole. You have the right to return something within 30 days reguardless of what it is. My friend is in the same situation where her store doesn't have the burgundy 755p so they're letting her buy the blue right now and when the burgundy comes in they will let her swap. I say try another store. Good luck.
    diane
  5.    #5  
    I've got an appointment to pick the 755P up in an hour and a half.

-w3m
  6.    #6  
    *posting from my new 755p*
    i'm palm burgundy. you stay classy san diego.

edit: ok i'm on the burgundy bandwagon now it's so preety.
    Last edited by michelle; 05/24/2007 at 01:03 AM.