1.    #1  
    Any way to get BB connect to work with 755p or how/where to download it? Will Sprint eventually support it - the only way to get my company email is via BB currently, or with BB connect through Cingular.
    There may be another solution, if your company uses Exchange.

Find out these three things:

- Are we on Exchange? (if you use Outlook on your desktop, you're most likely on Exchange)
    - Do we have Exchange 2003, Service Pack 2?
    - Do we support Outlook Web Access (OWA)? (this is also sometimes called webmail or some other generic name).

If you can answer Yes to all those three things, then you can set up VersaMail on the device to use Microsoft Direct Push, and you won't need BlackBerry Connect. Yes I know 'all IT will allow is BlackBerry' but you might be able to do an end around on them if you'll answer those questions above.

Rather than reply with 'my IT folks won't allow, so I'm not going to consider answering', see about the info above, and then let us know.

If your company runs Exchange, and the other info above is set up, you can run your 755p right against the Exchange server, and the whole Blackberry connect thing is no longer relevant....
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    I don't know if I understand you correctly. I can answer yes to all the above questions. But I work for a Large Wall Steet Brokerage House and We are totally limited to Blackberry for any kind of mobile email. In Fact we must buy the Blackberry thru the company or send them theone we we to be set to the company standers.( i.e. no IM allowed, person email also on blackberry etc...) Compliance is very strick on this I was told, I was also told they would not allow any kind of Blackberry connect on other providers phones. Our only access is via there Blackberry.

So are you saying that I might have another option?

Thanks
    I am using 4SmartPhone and it works great, but I was wondering if anyone knows a way to stop the screen from coming on every time an email comes through.
    Global Posts
    188 Global Posts
    So can it be done?
  6.    #6  
    Here are the answers to your questions
    Exchange - yes
    SP2 - yes
    OWA - yes, with rsa token

Now am I missing something by asking about BB connect?
    Global Posts
    124 Global Posts
    Probably no blackberry connect on the 755. Which is a shame because in the coming months I will need to either switch to a blackberry or to cingular for the 680, which does support blackberry connect (but then I lose sero, evdo, but gain a corp discount...)
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMac View Post
    There may be another solution, if your company uses Exchange.

Find out these three things:

- Are we on Exchange? (if you use Outlook on your desktop, you're most likely on Exchange)
    - Do we have Exchange 2003, Service Pack 2?
    - Do we support Outlook Web Access (OWA)? (this is also sometimes called webmail or some other generic name).

If you can answer Yes to all those three things, then you can set up VersaMail on the device to use Microsoft Direct Push, and you won't need BlackBerry Connect. Yes I know 'all IT will allow is BlackBerry' but you might be able to do an end around on them if you'll answer those questions above.

Rather than reply with 'my IT folks won't allow, so I'm not going to consider answering', see about the info above, and then let us know.

If your company runs Exchange, and the other info above is set up, you can run your 755p right against the Exchange server, and the whole Blackberry connect thing is no longer relevant....
    And if all three answers are "yes" how do i set up VM to sync? do i need to make changes to my account within outlook?
    Can you acces your corp webmail from your desktop browser?
    Matty
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Can you acces your corp webmail from your desktop browser?
    yes
    alright select enail on your treo. menu then account settings. exchange activesync. then in server name put the we address of your corp email. enter user name, probably the login name you use on your work computer. Same for the password. Then it's pretty much click next. Let me know how you do...
    Matty