1.    #1  
    I have the Treo 650 with Goodlink installed and connected to the Exchange Server at my office. This is my third Treo that has developed the following error message:

Fatal Error

C:\build\stoli\win32\release\build_36\gx\system\src\palm\gxdevicepalm.ccp:265 GX_ASSERT failed for c:\build\stoli\win32\release\build_36\gx\db\src\flash\ffs2\ffs2.ccp@1543 (Fatal Error)

Has anyone experienced this problem? My IT department can't seem to get a handle on what causes this error. The only way to clear the error is to take the battery out and put it back in to reset. The error started on this phone several weeks ago, and it is happening on an increasing frequency. We have tried a hard reset of the phone, with a reinstall of the Goodlink software, but that has not resolved the problem.

Kipp
    As always with post like this,

Carrier?
    Firmware Version of Device?
    Version of Goodlink?

i see two KB articles on the Good website. One refers to the updating to the latest firmware, another refers to upgrading to the latest version of goodlink.

as a general practice, i would recommend both.
    DK is right. What device, carrier and version of GMM are you running?
  4.    #4  
    Carrier is Sprint, Software version is Treo650-1.12a-SPNT, and Good Mobile Messaging v4.9.3.21_EN
    I would definitely upgrade to 1.13 for your firmware.
    available here

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...er/sprint.html
    Firmware issue would be my guess.
    Does anyone know where i can find the firmware update for a T-Mobile Treo 650?
    Quote Originally Posted by chills886 View Post
    Does anyone know where i can find the firmware update for a T-Mobile Treo 650?
    T-Mobile doesnt appear to have a branded Treo and most likely you have an unlocked GSM (generic) Treo ROM. Go here to check your version.

If its unlocked GSM (ENA or ROW ROM version), go to unlocked GSM
    Upgrading the Firmware to 1.13 works.

Side Note:

Good Mobile Messaging v4.9.3.21 is unstable
    Upgrade to Good Mobile Messaging v4.9.3.34
    Quote Originally Posted by jackace13 View Post
    Upgrading the Firmware to 1.13 works.

Side Note:

Good Mobile Messaging v4.9.3.21 is unstable
    Upgrade to Good Mobile Messaging v4.9.3.34
    FYI--4.9.3.21 is the last version of 4.9 that is available for WM devices before their new 5.0 release which will likely take a few weeks for all companies to roll out.

4.9.3.34 is only for POS devices so anybody on a WM device should not be trying to get this version.
    PDA Lineage: Palm Pilot, Palm V, Palm Tungsten, Treo 650 (Cingular), Treo 750 (AT&T), Treo Pro GSM (unlocked), Pre Plus (AT&T), Pre 2 GSM (unlocked), Pre 3 16GB (AT&T Branded) and Touchpad 32 GB
    Actually, the latest on 4.9.x is 4.9.3.37 (specifically addresses an issue on the Q).

http://customerportal.good.com/docum...s_exchange.pdf