Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone heard whether or not Palm is going to give us a discount for the 700p users??? Put in a message from Paul L. and he has not responded to that question. Palm does need to take into consideration of all the chest pain we have had this last year!!
  2. #2  
    Free Treos for everyone!!!!!

    Tra-la, tra-la.

    In my dreams. Heavy sigh.
  3. #3  
    I tried.. But the rep I spoke with assured me the MR would fix the issues. I asked if it was the rumored 755p ROM put onto the 700p and they responded not exactly but it has a lot of the parts from the 755p ROM.


    After using the 755p for about 4 hours now its just a slap in the face of 700p owners, its just ridiculous how fast it is.
  4. #4  
    I called CS yesterday and asked if I could swap. She said that the 755 wasn't yet available in thier wharehouse, and that she would call back in a couple of days when it was in. I thought "yeah sure ya will " She called back 20 mins later and said it was on its way. Should be here today
  5. eodell's Avatar
    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #5  
    youre teing me they are giving you a 755 for a 700 .

    what did you tell them?
  6. #6  
    I said "please" I purchased the 600 a few years ago. Since then I have been upgraded to the 650 the 700p and now the 755p just by saying please.

    Seriously. They are people not machines. There isn't some code word you can say that activates the "swap for new device mode".

    Unlike the people on here that complain and preach that the squeeky wheel gets the grease. Grandpa taught me that you get more flys with honey. Remember they don't like the problems anymore than you do and probably less, they deal with several instances all day, you only deal with one device. These people are starving for a friendly voice. Nobody calls CS because they're happy and I am sure the complaints get tiresome.

    Also remember that the customer isn't always right, so loose that sense of entitlement. Business is the exchange of goods for service. In my business if I have an unhappy client and I know I have been doing my job, I politely excuse my self and refer them to another business. I truely believe its best for them to find someone compatible with their needs. Also, I find that spending my time with unhappy people is exhausting, and you can rarely please them anyway. Plus this frees up my time to work with people that like me. They're usually more forgiving and consequently, I am more eager to accomodate their needs- Much better situation.
  7. #7  
    Funny thing Ive found in my years of sales,

    The clients whom are the hardest to deal with I inevitably make less money with and the clients who are easy peasy, well... thats honestly where I make most of my money.

    Its got very little to do with the ammout of time involved, its the bare bones profit Im looking at. Its so polar opposite, usually its just weird.

    Ive yet to figure that one out.

    So, sxtg, I agree 100% with you. After a certain ammount of time with difficult clients or potential clients I typically excuse myself and recommend they look elsewhere.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  8. eodell's Avatar
    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #8  
    Interesting. So you are telling us you got it at no cost just by asking nicely?

    Don't get me wrong, I follow a similar philosophy in my own business, but there are times when you have a right to, (and should) speak up for yourself.

    You'll have to forgive my skepticism. I have been with Sprint for over 10 years, and all they seem to offer is the standard $150 rebates every 2 years. When I bought the 700p last July I got a small rebate and they offered I think $100 if I returned my 650 but I decided to give it to my brother as a birthday gift instead. The bottom line is the 700p has been a lame product that has been poorly (if at all) supported.

    Meh. I'll give it a shot. Otherwise I'm I'm jumping to an 8800 until the iPhone hits.
  9. #9  
    I have a 755p on a 30 day trial right now. I think in the end if the 700p MR make it as fast as the 755p the 700p will be a better phone for me at least, since I have an extended battery and several SD cards.
  10. eodell's Avatar
    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #10  
    Well, I gave it a shot. Best they would do for me is $250 off. So once I sell my 700p it is basically a free upgrade. My 700p goes to ebay.

    Farewell, 700p...I never really liked you.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    I said "please" I purchased the 600 a few years ago. Since then I have been upgraded to the 650 the 700p and now the 755p just by saying please.

    Seriously. They are people not machines. There isn't some code word you can say that activates the "swap for new device mode".

    Unlike the people on here that complain and preach that the squeeky wheel gets the grease. Grandpa taught me that you get more flys with honey. Remember they don't like the problems anymore than you do and probably less, they deal with several instances all day, you only deal with one device. These people are starving for a friendly voice. Nobody calls CS because they're happy and I am sure the complaints get tiresome.

    Also remember that the customer isn't always right, so loose that sense of entitlement. Business is the exchange of goods for service. In my business if I have an unhappy client and I know I have been doing my job, I politely excuse my self and refer them to another business. I truely believe its best for them to find someone compatible with their needs. Also, I find that spending my time with unhappy people is exhausting, and you can rarely please them anyway. Plus this frees up my time to work with people that like me. They're usually more forgiving and consequently, I am more eager to accomodate their needs- Much better situation.
    Well I just tried calling the Sprint customer service. I tried a non-direct approach by just asking him about the new features on the phone (which I already knew). Then at the end I asked him how much a new one would be and he said $579 (or $549 whatever the retail price is). Did you call retentions or did you just dial *2? Also, did you straight up ask for a swap or did you let them bring that up?
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    Well, I gave it a shot. Best they would do for me is $250 off. So once I sell my 700p it is basically a free upgrade. My 700p goes to ebay.

    Farewell, 700p...I never really liked you.
    Did you have to resign for two years?
  13. eodell's Avatar
    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #13  
    No, thank god.
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by eodell View Post
    No, thank god.
    Did you talk to retentions?
  15. eodell's Avatar
    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #15  
    Yes. That's how I got the discount.

    But I've been with Sprint for 10 years so I had a some leverage. Also I had to make my case to two people and basically explain the documented issues with the 700p, that I was only interested in the 755 if it was available at a discount. Otherwise I told them I would port my line for an 8800 and we got sidelined into some dicssion about my plan, lines, etc.. I was not histrionic; just very calm and polite. Took about 45 mins.
    Last edited by eodell; 05/15/2007 at 08:17 PM.
  16. #16  
    Called *2 it automatically goes to Sprint Business. Then option 2 (activation and billing). I let them come around to offering it.
  17. #17  
    I bought my 755p yesterday through retention for $229.00 including $150 for 2 years usage on my 650, $100 mfg rebate, and the rest, I guess, was a discount. They offered a 700p at $249. I decided to go with the newest model. I was the first time I dealt with retention. They did a very nice job of reducing my plan, plus I received my phone this morning (sent via UPS 1DA from Louisville).
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by asawadude View Post
    I bought my 755p yesterday through retention for $229.00 including $150 for 2 years usage on my 650, $100 mfg rebate, and the rest, I guess, was a discount. They offered a 700p at $249. I decided to go with the newest model. I was the first time I dealt with retention. They did a very nice job of reducing my plan, plus I received my phone this morning (sent via UPS 1DA from Louisville).
    I hope I heard you correctly: Sprint offers a 700p at $249 but a 755p for $229? Pay less for the newer model?
  19. eodell's Avatar
    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    #19  
    Yes, they told me that as well. Higher price for the 700p. Because it's special.
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by KevMeister View Post
    I hope I heard you correctly: Sprint offers a 700p at $249 but a 755p for $229? Pay less for the newer model?
    List on the Treo 700p is $649 while the new treo 755p is $579, accounting for $70 of the difference... for $229, not a bad deal. I remember spending almost double that for a Palm III a decade ago.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions