Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    OK, I think I am FINALLY done installing new crap on my 755p. Here's my list of what I have that I know works:

mobileCalc (aka Bob's Calc)
    Chatter
    CorePlayer
    Files (this is the free download from Sprint)
    FontSmoother
    KB Lights Off
    mobileClock (fka Bob's Alarm)
    Mobipocket 5.2
    Mundu
    PalmRevolt
    pssh
    pTunes Deluxe

No launchers, no butlers, no calendars. I use the built-ins for all of those things because they do what I need and the features of their replaclements make me yawn. :-)

Tom
    Last edited by VetPsychWars; 06/01/2007 at 08:10 AM. Reason: so it makes sense
    I just deleted Bejeweled 2. It hasn't played nice, and sometimes when I exit it to go to the phone and then go back to the applications I see it closing again. Liike it did not close when I exited by pressing the phone app. Not nice at all.
    Ringer Switch Pro is not supported and wont install. The author wants some beta testers.
    Global Posts
    2 Global Posts
    All,

I had a 650 for a while and upgraded the day it came out with the 755p. With a few minor hiccups, I love the new toy..

I thought I'd share the key new software I've found that works and works well:

Add-Ons:
    --------
    1) Treo Butler - definitely worth getting:
    - Better keyguard
    - Side launcher
    - Better control of buttons (and allows Treo Launcher to work right)
    2) Treo Launcher
    - I had been looking for a better launcher and I do like LauncherX, but just found this Treo Launcher which seems to work very well - particularly if you use Butler to make the home button default to it.. Very nice little app
    3) Sling player (works with the slingbox and although the speed of the network makes it choppy at times, it's a great 'show how cool the phone is' thing.
    4) Ringo Pro - good to use MP3s for ringers by contact
    5) TakePhone - fantastic replacement for the "phone" app particularly if you have contacts with extensions (e.g. 8185551212 X5848 that the Treo handles terribly)
    6) Avant Go just a great news app
    7) Expense Diary
    - Old app that I had on my 650 for tracking expenses on a business trip. Works pretty well.
    8) I really like the IM app, but for some reason (saw a post somewhere that I'm not alone), the Yahoo logon doesn't work any more.. not sure why..

Games:
    ------
    1) I like the Texas Hold 'em game, nice little game for killing time
    2) The sudoko is ok - never got into it, but seems like a good version

Few comments on packaged software
    --------------------------------
    1) Google Maps - comes with it, but very useful and handy
    2) On Demand (also comes with the solution, but I've found it to be extremely good)

I've downloaded Agendus, haven't installed it yet, wanted to see how stable the machine is now as it seems to be working well...

Apps i'm less than impressed with or don't work well:

1) Traffic - fairly useless unless you live in those areas
    2) 4Info - was crashing the phone, so I'd avoid it
    3) DA (directory assistance) - seems to work ok, but can't "recognize the smart phone". I'd recommend using OnDemand's capability (same thing, but works well). I wish OnDemand used Google Maps, that's my only complaint.

Hope that helps people considering buying the phone...

Eric
    DA has been fixed and works great
    For LauncherX, anyone notice that if you press the Shift key and Home key simultaneously, this will launch LauncherX? A pain in the @ss, but it works. When will a permanent solution come?
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    The Palm Note Pad 2.3 software that is posted elsewhere on this web site that came from a T5 works fine except for beaming or viewing these Notes in Palm Desktop. Note that you have to load both files by sending them to the device via BlueTooth for this to work as I couldn't get them to install via the Install Mgr.
    If it works on your phone, please also post version.
    Quote Originally Posted by SofTTware View Post
    If it works on your phone, please also post version.
    Yes it works fine. V2.3
    anything to make the speakerphone louder on this phone?
  11.    #151  
    Quote Originally Posted by MaynardLD50 View Post
    anything to make the speakerphone louder on this phone?
    Are you kidding me? I have the volume set on 1 and its louder than a 700p set on full.. You can install volume care but dont blow out your speakers.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Anyone using versamail on the 755P? I am just about to open the box up and power the unit up I need to decided if I should just not open it and use a program to hit it like I did on my 700p..
    I use it.. and for Gmail at least it works.. even sending and recieving from different email accounts..
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Are you kidding me? I have the volume set on 1 and its louder than a 700p set on full.. You can install volume care but dont blow out your speakers.
    haha I wrote that message than I realized my phone was turned to 2. So I turned it up and went "holy ****" and felt like a tard. I tried to edit my message and my internet went out haha
    Ringo Pro v4.456, works and with out any problems.

Butler v4.13 works with out any probelms and the Orange led is back.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Ringo Pro v4.456, works and with out any problems.

Butler v4.13 works with out any probelms and the Orange led is back.
    When did the new version of Butler comes out? They still have 4.09 listed on their site. I'd love to get the orange LED back.
    Works

Keysuite
    ListPro
    Snappermail
    Splashmoney
    Comet
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    When did the new version of Butler comes out? They still have 4.09 listed on their site. I'd love to get the orange LED back.
    Not sure when it came out, I found out about it today, here's the link for it:

http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/AllPrc.php
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    Go to the downloads page and look for the 4.13 beta.
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    Thanks for the heads up on the new version..
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    There is also a new version on Phone Technician that corrects the problems with the 755p.

http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/AllPrc.php
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast