Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mshaw1515 View Post
    Profilecare - I'm getting the same screen blinking and no bluetooth support. I emailed support at profilecare to see when 755 will be supported - will let you know what i hear.

Anyone know of any other apps that let you toggle bluetooth easily?
    I emailed him a few days ago and haven't heard back.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Backup Buddy VFS did not.

I'm running the latest version of BB VFS Pro fine.

Haven't tried a restore yet, but it seems to be making backups just fine. Even runs after hotsyncs like I set it to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post

Haven't tried a restore yet, but it seems to be making backups just fine. Even runs after hotsyncs like I set it to do.
    Well, I guess I didn't give it the best chance. It froze up about 3/4 of the way into backing up my 755. I'm not one to take chances with programs that freeze or crash so I deleted it since NV Backup went all the way through. It was my first day with the 755. I would give it another chance now as I've seen other things freeze up the first time then worked great thereafter.

Update...I did reinstall the program and it worked flawlessly. I like having two backup programs.
    Last edited by RickMG; 05/22/2007 at 01:04 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Ultrasoft Money 4.32 works fine here. Treo 600 prior and now on my 755P.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenic View Post
    Voicedial and TOMTOM Navigator will not work, but the developers assured me that a fix is coming.
    Who did you talk with at TomTom about Nav 6? Any ETA on when it will work. I tried installing it on a 755p and it does an endless loop that caused me to do a hard reset to get it back to normal.
    Quote Originally Posted by tenic View Post
    Voicedial and TOMTOM Navigator will not work, but the developers assured me that a fix is coming.
    Are you using version 6.010 for the 700p or version 6.030 which has 680 compatability as well? I wonder if the new 6.030 would work on the 755p.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    For my next trick I installed Butler v4.09 so that I could re-map the HOME key to launch LauncherX instead of the default application launcher. Well that part seemed to work okay but as soon as I installed Butler my LED started blinking green like my 650 used to whenever I was in service. Since I gotten used to not having blinking lights on on Treo anymore and I couldn't find anywhere to turn this "feature" off in Butler or the 755p, I just uninstalled Butler using Uninstall v3.0. The blinking green light went away but my buttons are still mapped the same as if Butler was still installed, except they only work that way part of the time. So now every press of the HOME key could bring up LauncherX or the default application launcher. I also enabled the "one phone button" feature as well in Butler and it to works sometimes and other times not.

-Skip
    FYI, after a few days of mRing 4...it works for the most part, except it sets ringers for most of my contacts by itself & I can't remove them. Motion Apps is getting a new version for the 755p, hopefully soon. On another note, MiniTones works like a charm.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Card Export II gave me an instant reset loop the second I clicked connect. Obuscate doesn't always remember the settings after a reset. Butler LED sometimes blinks even when set to off. Voicedial works for me. Phone Magic works. PhoneDisconnect author sent me a new version that works. TreoCiel and xWeather works. TMP works. Acid Solitaire works. Splash ID and Shopper works. Auto Trakker works. BSTimer gave me 1 reset. Bike or Die works. Mobipocket and Sharklinks so far so good. Paperclip works. These are the results of my week long unofficial tests of the most common features.
    I don't have a MiniSD card yets, so I have not used any app that uses the memory card.
    This is what I know so far.

What Works:
    FieldPlus
    ShortCut5
    CutPaste5
    CardKeeper
    Resco Explorer
    Keyshades
    DA 3.30 (But no 5-way support)
    Butler
    MultiUser
    Zlauncher

What Does NOT Work:
    KB Lights
    ScrollBar5
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    [QUOTE=Plank;1263500]Card Export II gave me an instant reset loop the second I clicked connect.QUOTE]

Previously Card Export II worked for me, and then I tried it again and also got a reset loop... so bad, in fact, that I had to hard reset and install from scratch. There's 3 late-night hours of my life I wish I had back....

Tom
    [quote=VetPsychWars;1263786]
    Quote Originally Posted by Plank View Post
    Card Export II gave me an instant reset loop the second I clicked connect.QUOTE]

Previously Card Export II worked for me, and then I tried it again and also got a reset loop... so bad, in fact, that I had to hard reset and install from scratch. There's 3 late-night hours of my life I wish I had back....

Tom
    You should try Card Reader from Mobile Stream, their new version works with the 755p. www.mobile-stream.com
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    CardExport II v2.25.977 has been working fine so far and I've actually used it quite a bit.

-Skip
    So far I've seen that Crash doesn't work and Directory Assistance has lost 5 way navigation support. This is a big one and I have version 3.30

Al
    Has anyone tried LightWav with the 755p? I installed 5.0, same version from my 650 and it doesn't work. It installed fine and I set it up with no problems. But nothing actually plays when I get a call.
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    Has anyone tried LightWav with the 755p? I installed 5.0, same version from my 650 and it doesn't work. It installed fine and I set it up with no problems. But nothing actually plays when I get a call.
    I have LW 2.2 beta 57 and it works well... -not sure what you mean by LW 5.0 --as they are still on ver 2.2
    I forget either TreoLo, or TreoNeo (forget which one) that has the latest Mundu that supports the 755P.

can either one of you guys email it to me please: trim99@gmail.com

(or if anyone on this board has it, email it if you can)

--apreciate it.
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbett View Post

I think I should retract this.

I had set BB VFS to run automatically after a hot sync. It starting resetting after it ran.

Then today I got into a reset loop. Ended up having to hard reset.

And of course, when I went to retore from the card, it simply reset without restoring any files.

Luckily, most of my stuff was on my PC and was restored during a hot sync.

I've sent an email to Blue Nomad and will update folks regarding what they say.
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    I have LW 2.2 beta 57 and it works well... -not sure what you mean by LW 5.0 --as they are still on ver 2.2
    Toysoft started over with the version numbers at some point. The version I have installed is 5.0 #2004.508, copyrighted 2004 - 05. I've had this version the entire time I've had a Treo 650, so that's over two years old by now.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Well TomTom 6.030 Works great on the Treo 755P