Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigKenny View Post
    Did you use Mergic VPN on the 700p? It worked great on the 650 and not so great on the 700p.
    I used MergicVPN on the 700P with no problems.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Many games have issues with key layout. Games like Zap!2016, or Blocks (a Tetris like game) use the hard app keys to control the game. The games run fine, but pressing the "home" key is not being captured, and always takes me to my app launcher. I've also had the phone key exit the game sometimes and go to the Phone app.

I don't know if this is just a 755p issue, or if the 700p or 680 have similar issues. I just upgraded from a 600.
    Other apps I've used that are working:

BigClock, v2.83t, the modified version that was modified to make it work on the Treo 600 works on the 755p. The standard version, v2.83, has the same issues as on the 600 I assume (locks up when you press the menu key.

Coconut HP41CV calculator emulator - seems to work fine

Uninstall Manager v3.11 and Cleanup v3.44

Palm Backup Beta seemed to cause me hot sync issues, FYI. YMMV.

KeyCaps600 works - this was mentioned before, but not the version. I'm using v0.9.1b1 beta by Sachs, a modified version not by the original author.

Butler v4.09 works - note, install Butler after KeyCaps if you use both
    Quote Originally Posted by mlohmeyer View Post
    Other apps I've used that are working:

KeyCaps600 works - this was mentioned before, but not the version. I'm using v0.9.1b1 beta by Sachs, a modified version not by the original author.
    The best thing you can do is to contact the developer Sachs and ask him to update KeyCaps600

Al
    How about Opera? Does that work? I remember on the 700p it would get stuck for me and I would have to reset.
    diane
    So far these apps are working for me:
    NVBackup
    Resco Explorer
    Uninstall Manager
    Checklist
    Vexed
    Zlauncher

On the card:

Bejewled 2
    Texttwist

Have a lot more to add.
    Anybody uses mino wireless on their 755p? It is a java based app and I can't live without it.

Al
    I run some java stuff. I will try it in a bit. What does it do?
    so is chatter still considered good to go on it?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I'm running the latest version of chatter syncing 3 mailboxes and an Exchange account. No problems here.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
  11.    #51  
    obfuscate does not work... Does anyone know of another program to hide junk? Like Get Good and Sprint store ect.. FileZ said it cant hide them since they are in ROM.
    Works:
    DiddleBug v. 2.90.b.4 (awesome freeware)
    9.95 Chess
    Bible Reader (new arm version)
    Call Filter
    Greek Card
    Hebrew Card
    KB Lights
    Pocket Lingo 2.0
    UnDupe

Doesn't:
    MobileClock - v3.9.00 (lags & seems sketchy - I don't fully trust it yet. This is my most used & depended on program after the PIM apps)
    Omar Sharif's Bridge, version 2.00F (103)- Color scheme is messed up, It's almost unplayable.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    obfuscate does not work... Does anyone know of another program to hide junk? Like Get Good and Sprint store ect.. FileZ said it cant hide them since they are in ROM.
    Invisible should do the trick... obfuscate has always crashed the hell out of my 700 anyways
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I hear the speaker is great on the 755, is there a need for VolumeCare? Does it work on it?
    im asking the same question does volume care work im having an issue with my volume it seems to fade after the second incoming call im still on a trial issue so maybe thats it ? this is strange i love volume care
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    I got my Mini SD card today and thankfully Call Record 3.0 works great as well as NV Backup (mentioned before). Backup Buddy VFS did not. Speed Dial's new version 1.15 works perfectly.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    I run some java stuff. I will try it in a bit. What does it do?
    Mino is a semi VOIP
    http://www.minowireless.com/mino/index.spt

I use it on my Treo to make international phone calls and it is really cheap compared to anything. I love it. It works by using a java app that connects the phone call via the Internet and calls me on my Treo and the other person on a land line.

Al
    Got my 755 a few days ago...wow! O.K. LexSpell 1.71 works great, ZLauncher slows the Treo down, Treo Launcher won't stay as default or read my MiniSD, Super Pac-Man works, Dig-Dug works, Pac-Man takes over the buttons so you can't exit game, mRing 4.01 works, PDA Reach works now(new version of 1.55 was sent to me today). More testing tomorrow...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I know I saw someone else have this also but Pockettunes does not turn the screen off automatically when it is checked to do so, so you can play music and not blow out your battery.

Ok my bad! I was lazy and used the version of ptunes I had on my hard drive 4.01. There is a new version- 4.02 and it works just fine at blanking the screen. You can get it here: http://www.normsoft.com/products/
    Last edited by Cathearder; 05/19/2007 at 02:11 AM.
    Has anyone tried ProfileCare? I tried it but it doesn't seem to work as my screen will blink on and off about every 5 seconds.
    Im having a little problem with ringo pro, it plays my mp3's as ringers but when it installed all my callers I recieve are UNKNOWN CALLERS, even though i have them named in my phonebook. is anyone else using this problem having problems didnt have this issue with my 700p.
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast