1.    #1  
    Ok.. I put my 755p in the cradle to charge not realizing that I was obviously also plugging into my computer. I did this before installing the new desktop software.

Now I've installed the new software and when I plug the 755p in and can't install the drivers.

I am using Vista. It keeps cycling through trying to install the driver and continues to fail.

Can anyone help me?
  2.    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by adamrogers View Post
    Ok.. I put my 755p in the cradle to charge not realizing that I was obviously also plugging into my computer. I did this before installing the new desktop software.

Now I've installed the new software and when I plug the 755p in and can't install the drivers.

I am using Vista. It keeps cycling through trying to install the driver and continues to fail.

Can anyone help me?
    Solved my own problem for a change.

All I had to do was go into device manager, right-click on the Palm Device, select properties. Then select update driver and point it to \program files\palmOne. Pointing it to the install CD doesn't work.
    When I first got my Vista laptop, I had bunches of problems until I found that Vista was attempting to install from the Documents folder. When I told it to go to the Windows folder, life was good.

Ben
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    i have a mac and never use the install disc. am i missing anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316 View Post
    i have a mac and never use the install disc. am i missing anything?
    Nope... But check out missing sync its a great program and so far no 755p issues.