1.    #1  
    can someone check PXA-clocker with the 755?
    I'ld like to know if this can be done, too. If you want to use Slingplayer and SAG with the sllloooooowwwww 755p processor, it is just can't handle it. The audio skips every 5 seconds or so. I believe speeding up the processor will cure that problem.
  3.    #3  
    Any new news on this issue?
    Apparently no one has tried. I guess it wouldn't work with the 755p as it doesn't work with the 700p. Too bad. It really needs overclocking for certain applications.
    I tried PXAClocker with the 755P, both PXA Lite (the free version) and PXA Pro (the non-free version) to no avail. The problem is not that it won't overclock the CPU, but that stability is basically thrown out the window.

I can't tell you how many times I've installed and deleted it, trying every conceivable setting variation but the long and short is that it just won't work for long. Either the phone freezes, the battery drains, or you get random soft resets.

I wished it could help because its quite obvious the 755's CPU is laboring just with the apps that come with it. When you add third-party programs like SAG, then you can really feel the phone wheezing.

However, I do recommend you try it with the free version, because as I found out from the 650, each phone has its own idiosyncrasies and it just might work on yours.
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    Apparently no one has tried. I guess it wouldn't work with the 755p as it doesn't work with the 700p. Too bad. It really needs overclocking for certain applications.
    With the release of Lightspeed 3.0 (public beta) we have added support for the 755p! So it's now for the first time possible to overclock the 755p.

For more info and to download Lightspeed visit www.clievideo.com.

Thanks,
    Jonatan
    Last edited by clievideo; 01/21/2008 at 06:10 PM.
    <a href="http://www.clievideo.com/images/devices.jpg">My Palm OS Garnet and Cobalt devices.</a>
    Speed up your Treo/Centro with <a href="http://www.clievideo.com">Lightspeed!</a>
    Quote Originally Posted by clievideo View Post
    With the release of Lightspeed 3.0 (public beta) we have added support for the 755p! So it's now for the first time possible to overclock the 755p.

For more info and to download Lightspeed visit www.clievideo.com.

Thanks,
    Jonatan
    I own PXA Clocker Pro and got really good results with my Treo 650. I could get over 500MHz and it was great. Plus it was fun to geek out with my friends that I overclocked my phone.

PXA Clocker kills my 755P, and as a paying user I thought I'd get some support from the developer but my emails go unanswered. Just a yes or no would be nice.

I just downloaded LightSpeed and so far I'm impressed. One thing I've noticed however is that I can't find like a "system default" overclock. With PXA Clocker I just set the entire system to be overclocked which really helped with white screen lag between application launches. I'm also too lazy to tweak out each app.

Is this possible with LightSpeed?
    PalmIII -> PalmV -> Sprint Treo650 -> Treo755P -> Pre

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Quote Originally Posted by mikepikefl View Post
    I just downloaded LightSpeed and so far I'm impressed. One thing I've noticed however is that I can't find like a "system default" overclock. With PXA Clocker I just set the entire system to be overclocked which really helped with white screen lag between application launches. I'm also too lazy to tweak out each app.

Is this possible with LightSpeed?
    Yes. Just pull down the menu and then options - select all. Then you can either use the presets or use custom settings.
    Quote Originally Posted by EyeBaller View Post
    Yes. Just pull down the menu and then options - select all. Then you can either use the presets or use custom settings.
    So I noticed that option and I guess I should have clarified. It seemed to me with PXA Clocker that you just set the "system" clock so it affected everything without having to interject itself with a notification between all app launches.

With the "select all" method for Lightspeed, in my mind there is more overhead switching the speeds (or really, checking to see if a speed switch is in order) through notifications.

Maybe it's all just in my head, but there are considerably more notifications set by Lightspeed than PXA so it's where my concern comes from. That and it still seems like there would be some point where the default clock would be used... when I don't know.

Maybe it only "does stuff" when a clock change is required and leaves it set until that is the case.

That all being said, I have it set to 520MHz and things are flyin'!

"Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway."

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    Lightspeed works great on my 700/755 hybrid, fyi.
    Palm Pilot -> Palm IIIX -> Tungsten T3 -> Treo 700p -> Palm Pre
    Lightspeed does overclock the 755p, however, according to the developer, the overclocking is limited due to a bug in the Palm OS, that causes a message that the battery is nearly empty, when in fact it is not (the device subsequently shuts down). Therefore, overclocking is limited to just moderately faster than the stock speeds. IMHO, its not worth the investment, unless you do a lot of gaming or watching of youtube.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo Musketeers View Post
    Therefore, overclocking is limited to just moderately faster than the stock speeds.
    I read about that in another thread this morning, but it's limited to the bus speed- the clock multiplier is free to go up to 520MHz. And you can bump the bus up by one increment bringing the CPU up to 552. That's worth it to me.

I don't like mucking with the bus speed anyway because it noticibly affects the LCD flicker for me (I'm admittedly overly sensitive to flicker).

I did however like how on PXA clocker one could leave the LCD alone and boost the mem speeds, etc. individually.

--Andrew Tanenbaum
    I am with you there on the screen flicker problem - I myself only use the higher bus 221/552 on a few apps called card reader and nvbackup for file transfers and backups where it is quick - and if screen flicker occurs it is not very noticeable for the short time it takes to do its thing.

I think the mild speed improvement is worth the money (and free upgrades?) since the 755p needs all the help it can get when you start loading it up with other/more apps and data.
    www.MouseGlider.com
    Come Glide with Us

Rock Solid and Stable - Sprint Centro and Treo 755p