Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Where can I get a DUN hack from?
    What ever you want, get it done at www.esitebid.com. Where competition bids value!
    Global Posts
    101 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by makad View Post
    Where can I get a DUN hack from?
    http://vocaro.com/trevor/treo-dun/
    Am I missing something or do these directions only cover bluetooth and not USB. I think the same hack will work for USB as others have stated but how do you set it up on the Mac? I have the hack set up on my 755p but I'm not sure how to setup the Mac side of it. I have a iBook G4 and it doesnt have bluetooth...

Thanks...
    I cant get it to install on the 755. Using fileZ it says there "was an error copying stopped". If I use email it tells me "install succesful", and if I send via BT it looks like it works, but it never does show up in RAM.

Any suggestions?
    Quote Originally Posted by MannyPR View Post
    This appears to be for use with the MAC OS, right? What's the procedure for use with Windows?
    I was able to tether my 755 to my Windows XP laptop using the instructions posted here. I am wondering if there's a way for me to tell if I am connecting in a way that will be undetectable to Sprint. (As part of the installation of the hack, I had to reset the phone, which led to a message regarding re-doing the Vision setup, which I did. I want to be sure I did the right thing.) Thanks for any help.
    Just tested the 755p/BT tether (WinXP) a couple times: 423 and 500. It's good to know that the 755 can connect if needed. Great post.
    Used the hack to successfully surf the web with a Nokia 770. The 770 is a much more compatible and stable browser than anything offered on the Treo. Also, the 800x480 screen is a huge improvement over the Treo's 320x320.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    I cant get it to install on the 755. Using fileZ it says there "was an error copying stopped". If I use email it tells me "install succesful", and if I send via BT it looks like it works, but it never does show up in RAM.

Any suggestions?
    Get explorer 2007 and use that to drag the hack over to ram. I would suggest storing the hack on your SD/Mini card that way in case you ever have to restore your phone you always have it. I don't think backup programs back up the hacked file (at least backup manager can never restore it) so its good to have it on hand.
    The PhoneInterfaceLibrary_tether_hack works just fine on the Treo 755p with Windows XP Pro, using the USB sync cable.

It is not hard to install, and it is free.

You need to install the Sprint Business Connection Software from the CD, or website. Then download the hack file from somewhere. Use Resco Explorer to INSTALL TO RAM.

Load up Sprint Business Connection in Windows, Wait for the status line to say "Disconnected". Sometimes you must wait a min, or replug your phone into the USB.

Click on CONNECT.

Usually the first attempt will fail. Click OK on the error message, then click CONNECT again.

It should say AUTHORIZING, then CONNECTED.

So from now on, you just have make 2 connection attempts before it will work. No big deal... PDANET is $34.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by markdb77 View Post
    The PhoneInterfaceLibrary_tether_hack works just fine on the Treo 755p with Windows XP Pro, using the USB sync cable.

It is not hard to install, and it is free.

You need to install the Sprint Business Connection Software from the CD, or website. Then download the hack file from somewhere. Use Resco Explorer to INSTALL TO RAM.

Load up Sprint Business Connection in Windows, Wait for the status line to say "Disconnected". Sometimes you must wait a min, or replug your phone into the USB.

Click on CONNECT.

Usually the first attempt will fail. Click OK on the error message, then click CONNECT again.

It should say AUTHORIZING, then CONNECTED.

So from now on, you just have make 2 connection attempts before it will work. No big deal... PDANET is $34.00.

I use the hack on my 755p but I dont use the Sprint software. On my laptop I can just click on the bluetooth icon and double click on the bluetooth modem icon.

At first I tried it with the Sprint software but then found that I didnt need it.

The only problem I have is that I dont use it very much and I can never remember how to set everything up. The main problem is Com ports in use. That is easily fixed by using Hotsync Manager to change the Com port under the Modem Tab.
    The tethered mode hack works fine on a Mac with either OS 10.4 or 10.5. One trick I found is that (path shown is for 10.5) under System Preferences / Network / Bluetooth / Advanced / PPP / Settings / Configuration, you have to uncheck "Send PPP echo packets" and "Use TCP header compression," otherwise the connection quits after a few minutes. (Don't ask me what any of that means.) With those boxes unchecked, I can use the Treo as a modem for hours with no problem.

Also, under System Preferences / Network / Bluetooth / Advanced / Modem, select "Vendor: Sprint" and "Model: PCS Vision" or (if you're using USB Modem, see below), "Vendor: Other" and "Model: Mobile Stream CDMA," though it appears that either modem script works with the Tethered Mode Hack.

USB Modem also works fine, with both the Bluetooth and USB connection. If you're in a high speed data network (EVDO) area, there is an advantage to using the USB, since EVDO speeds can be up to about 500 kbps whereas the Bluetooth connection to/from the Treo is about 300 kbps at best. Thus, in EDVO areas the Bluetooth connection, not the network speed, becomes the bottleneck, whereas if you use the USB connection you'll get the full benefit of EVDO speeds.
    Good stuff...thanks!
    I've been trying like crazy to get this to work on my PC, to no avail. I thought that for some reason, the hack wasn't working for me. So, I tried it with my laptop, and after Sprint Connection Manager told me I needed to install the latest version of Palm Desktop & Hotsync, it worked perfectly. So what I'm having trouble figuring out is what type(s) of app(s) or device(s) might I have installed on my PC that would keep it from working on there?

Thanks,
    SportyRydr
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    This doesn't help sportyrydr, but something that I've discovered regarding the Tethered Mode Hack using a MacBook Pro / OS 10.5. Sometimes the bluetooth connection becomes balky and only connects 1 time out of 10 even after restarting everything. For some reason, re-pairing the bluetooth connection between the phone and the MacBook makes the connection almost bullet-proof - connects first time every time ... for a while ...
    Quote Originally Posted by bobodobo View Post
    This doesn't help sportyrydr, but
    On the contrary, bobodobo!

I got a replacement 755 on 6/27, and I hadn't reinstalled the hack until just now. (I finally got a chance to investigate your post ) So, I ran SCM, and it said there was an update available, which I let it install. Meanwhile, I installed the hack and did a soft reset. On the 4th try with USB, it worked on my main PC!

So, if you hadn't responded, I wouldn't have tried again (until the next Comcast outage) and probably wouldn't have kept trying this time after the 1st or 2nd Error #628 message. In fact, I'm posting this reply on my PC over that connection.

Thanks,
    sportyrydr
    PalmOS user since 1998. Treo user since 2006. WM user since 4/1/2009.
    PalmPilot Personal > PalmPilot Pro Upgrade > PalmIII Upgrade > PalmIII > PalmIIIx > Efig PalmV8 > Visor Prism > PalmVx > m515 > Tungsten T|3 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo755p > Treo700wx > Treo800w > TreoPro
    "Riding for the Son" <><
    I have a 755p that has been flashed over to Cricket. Does anyone know how to get this hack to work over a Cricket network? Or maybe someone can point me in the right direction if I cannot find it here?

Thanks in advance!
    pageplus dont care about what do you do with data etc
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12