Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Pricing up on Sprint:

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/Ph...UHP_PCS_Phones

$579.99 regular price
    – $200.00 instant savings
    – $100.00 mail-in rebate
    $279.99 new price

Plus a $50 service credit with promocode at checkout so really, $229.

All rebates for new activation it seems.
    Last edited by SprintTreoUser; 05/14/2007 at 07:21 AM.
    I'm glad to see it was released on schedule. All I need now is for it to be available on the SERO site.
  3.    #3  
    Palm Store also shows that $100 rebate for new lines.

http://store.palm.com/shop/index.jsp...nav_offers_txt

Still appears nothing for upgrades.
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    It's not on the SERO site and my employee discount site.
    would it be better to use palm site or sprints to buy in terms of returning if service is not good? Dont want to get stuck because quite frankly Sprints service after the sale is horrible!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    would it be better to use palm site or sprints to buy in terms of returning if service is not good? Dont want to get stuck because quite frankly Sprints service after the sale is horrible!
    I don't know how palm works but if you're not satisfied with your Sprint phone you have 30 days to return it. You request a return kit and then get your money back when Sprint receives it.
    diane
    Palm site has no choice of just selling the Treo straight out(without contract). Sprint site, has the option to buy as a gift, for full price, I believe $579.00(I already forgot )
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I love how it's available in both colors! I remember when Sprint released phones in different colors you'd have to wait for each to come out. Burgundy 755p here I come! weee
    diane
    spoke with Sprint telesales about 3 hours ago and they said it was not in their system yet, they seemed baffled because they said it should be available.
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post
    spoke with Sprint telesales about 3 hours ago and they said it was not in their system yet, they seemed baffled because they said it should be available.
    Call retentions. I just ordered a burgundy one for $279.
    diane
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    Call retentions. I just ordered a burgundy one for $279.

Carterism,

Did you call a special retentions # or just through *2? I got spoke to them through *2 (cancel) around 11 am est today. The woman was great and offered me a great deal on the 755 but said they weren't in her system yet. Noted the account and asked me to call back later in the week.

What time did you call? maybe it is in the system now.

Thanks

jamie
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrich2 View Post
    Carterism,

Did you call a special retentions # or just through *2? I got spoke to them through *2 (cancel) around 11 am est today. The woman was great and offered me a great deal on the 755 but said they weren't in her system yet. Noted the account and asked me to call back later in the week.

What time did you call? maybe it is in the system now.

Thanks

jamie
    I spoke to them through *2 then cancel 20min ago. She went ahead and ordered it for me. Says it will be here in 3 days. Hopefully the order went thru successfully. If not I think she would have said something right? I guess we will see in 3 days. Call back again. Good luck.
    diane
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    I just called retentions to get a couple of 755p's for my account @ $279.

Here's my question: the guy in retentions I spoke to said nothing about renewing my contract or anything. I suppose that's something sprint will want me to do in order to activate these? Or did he likely renew my contract without asking me?

FWIW I have 2 lines on my plan (shared minutes) -- the plan is over 4 years old, which means both lines are getting unlimited vision + unlimited text messaging for a total of $10 (current phones on the plan are both non-power vision / evdo phones).
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    I just called retentions to get a couple of 755p's for my account @ $279.

Here's my question: the guy in retentions I spoke to said nothing about renewing my contract or anything. I suppose that's something sprint will want me to do in order to activate these? Or did he likely renew my contract without asking me?

FWIW I have 2 lines on my plan (shared minutes) -- the plan is over 4 years old, which means both lines are getting unlimited vision + unlimited text messaging for a total of $10 (current phones on the plan are both non-power vision / evdo phones).
    That's odd. Hey maybe you didn't have to renew your contract! I renewed mine. I'm fine with it though since my family is happy with Sprint's network so we're not going anywhere anytime soon. If he did renew your contract then you will get a letter in the mail saying you renewed your contract and it notifies you of which lines have been renewed.

As for your plan I don't think it will change. I know about three years ago you couldn't activate a power vision phone on a grandfathered account (which is yours) without switching to power vision. Hopefully that's not still in effect. I guess you will know once you activate your 755p's. By the way when did they say it was going to be delivered? I was hoping for overnight but I think you'd have to pay extra $12 for that.
    diane
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Awesome-- that would be sweet if I could stick with my current plan. In the past when getting a phone with a rebate they put me into a new contract and possibly plan. I certainly won't mind being on sprint for 2 more years, I'm simply wondering if someone else is now going to be trying to sell me a new plan if this guy didn't renew me.

As far as the order goes-- he said he thinks the order was placed early enough that I may get it tomorrow, which means it would go out today overnight. What didn't make sense was that he said if they had ordered it in the afternoon it might take 3-5 days to get here, but since I ordered in the morning I may get it tomorrow? Doesn't make sense-- like either afternoon orders aren't processed very quickly or they only do overnight for free on morning orders-- I don't get it. He did say I could call back in a day or 2 to get a tracking number. We'll see.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the info!!

After reading Carterism's post I called back and explained that I had called earlier, and was told that it was not yet in the system.

The woman I spoke to this time said she thought it should be, but for some reason was having trouble with it. She put me on hold, for a minute or so, to talk to a supervisor. When she came back, it was all ordered and ready to go.

I got mine for for $329, so not quite as good as yours, but I am still totally happy with the price. Now I will sell my 700 on ebay to fray the cost a little more.

Also, I was not asked about renewing my contract, but probably because when I spoke to the first lady today she gave me Power Vision Ultimate for $10 if I renewed for 2 years, which was fine. I had the old power vision access for shared line for 7.50, so 2.50 more for all the extras was great!!

Happy treo using everyone!!

J
  17.    #17  
    Took a couple of calls, but looks as if I got mine for $279 after the $100 mail-in rebate as well. Since I'm out of contract, I was told (by retensions) to just add a new line and I would be entitled to all the discounts. Credit Card was billed $379 (plus tax) and I'll have to submit for the $100. As soon as the new one is activated, I'll cancel the old one. It's ridiculous that this is how retentions told me to do this and that they can't just do this using my old account and #. I was going to activate under another family member if I had to, so no big deal about having to take a new phone to do this. And now I don't have to worry about my phone transmitting a different name for caller ID.

And of course I'll unload the 700p on ebay. But, I'll wait a while before doing so until the prices work their way back up.
    jamrich2,

i think that's still a great price! just think you didn't have to spend $600! also you'll be selling your 700 so that will take care of the $ spent on the 755p. sweet deal if you ask me! i say if you're happy with what you got then that's awesome! congrats!

p.s. don't know what's up with the delivery times. i just hope mine does come in 3 days like she said.
    diane
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser View Post
    Took a couple of calls, but looks as if I got mine for $279 after the $100 mail-in rebate as well. Since I'm out of contract, I was told to just add a new line and I would be entitled to all the discounts. Credit was billed $379 (plus tax) and I'll have to submit for the $100. As soon as the new one is activated, I'll cancel the old one. It's ridiculous that this is how retentions told me to do this and that they can't just do this using my old account and #. I was going to activate under another family member if I had to, so no big deal about having to take a new phone to do this. And now I don't have to worry about my phone transmitting a different name for caller ID.

And of course I'll unload the 700p on ebay. But, I'll wait a while before doing so until the prices work their way back up.
    Sweet! Weird the way they did it though. Since you were out of contract I don't know why they just didn't make you resign the 2yr and get the rebates. I forgot to ask if I could get the $100 instant instead of mail-in but I forgot. I hate mail-in rebates. Did they tell you when you would receive it?
    diane
  20.    #20  
    I don't think there's a way around the mail in option on that one. I think people are saying they got it for $279 without qualifying that they have to mail that in. I could be wrong though...although I've noticed a few posts saying $279 and the same user mentioning in follow up comments or other threads that they have to mail it in as well.

I didn't ask how long it takes, but they did mention to send it in with the first bill.

It is weird the way they did it. I remember similar postings when the 700p came out.

I hate playing these games with them. I've gone through aggrevation every time I did this since my 300. I always end up looking at other carriers, but in the end, Sprint's prices win out over everything.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast