Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    jamrich2,

i think that's still a great price! just think you didn't have to spend $600! also you'll be selling your 700 so that will take care of the $ spent on the 755p. sweet deal if you ask me! i say if you're happy with what you got then that's awesome! congrats!

p.s. don't know what's up with the delivery times. i just hope mine does come in 3 days like she said.
    Agreed 100%. I am very happy with the price I got. And I don't have a mail in rebate. I got $150 off immeadiately, plus $150 service credit. When I bought the 650 way back when I was told I would get the rebate even though I wasn't technically eligible, and of course I didn't. So with the 700p and 755 I made sure not to get the mail in.

Also, in a strange turn of events, my 700 started having all kinds of weird problems the last few days, so I took it to a service center and they couldn't fix it, so I am getting a new (refurbished) 700. So my ebay sale will be better since the 700 I have now has a lot of scratches on the case.

=)

Good times!!

J
    Kinda weird they no longer list the 700p as a purchase option.

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/co...267476d9139eaf
    Quote Originally Posted by jamrich2 View Post
    Also, in a strange turn of events, my 700 started having all kinds of weird problems the last few days, so I took it to a service center and they couldn't fix it, so I am getting a new (refurbished) 700. So my ebay sale will be better since the 700 I have now has a lot of scratches on the case.
    Funny I'm reading this now. I started having some weird trouble with my 700P a few days before purchasing my 755P. hmmm...
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet View Post
    Funny I'm reading this now. I started having some weird trouble with my 700P a few days before purchasing my 755P. hmmm...

Well as wel ALL know there are many weird problems with the 700. But in the last few days, my 700 has been shutting off by itself, the actual phone signal as if i had held down the red button to turn off the radio.

Today while I was on the phone with the sprint rep about the 755 I couldn't turn off the speaker phone. It showed as off but was still coming out the speaker.

the battery has been draining rapidly.

so, yes, it was a strange turn of events.

J
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I'm annoyed. I called, and was told the same spiel about adding a new line of service.

Why do they make it hard to upgrade the phones? Why should I pay $379 when a new customer pays $279? On another note, I asked about any potential corporate discounts, and was given a different price. $579 retail price, $150 instant savings, and a $100 mail in credit.

Has anyone noticed the "PowerUp" $50.00 code on the Sprint website? Does this mean the phone could be as low as $229?
    That code applies a $50 credit to a new account. I suppose it might work for an AAL, but I don't see how it would if you get the Treo on an existing line.
    I've had Sprint for less than 30 days. Should I trade my 700P for a 755P? If they won't exchange, I could cancel my account, then sign up again.
    Carterism,

Did you call a special retentions # or just through *2? I got spoke to them through *2 (cancel) around 11 am est today. The woman was great and offered me a great deal on the 755 but said they weren't in her system yet. Noted the account and asked me to call back later in the week.

What time did you call? maybe it is in the system now.

Thanks

jamie
    Jamie,

I probably spoke to the same person. I just called back about 4 hours later and it was in the system (wasn't going to waith a few days like she said) and I have it ordered. Guy said I'd likely get it tomorrow (though no guarantee).
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post
    I just called retentions to get a couple of 755p's for my account @ $279.

Here's my question: the guy in retentions I spoke to said nothing about renewing my contract or anything. I suppose that's something sprint will want me to do in order to activate these? Or did he likely renew my contract without asking me?

FWIW I have 2 lines on my plan (shared minutes) -- the plan is over 4 years old, which means both lines are getting unlimited vision + unlimited text messaging for a total of $10 (current phones on the plan are both non-power vision / evdo phones).
    They told me the 755p requires the power vision. I told them I didn't want it. It sounded like my options were power vision or nothing (use it w/o data) . . . however we came to a satisfactory compromise.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post
    They told me the 755p requires the power vision. I told them I didn't want it. It sounded like my options were power vision or nothing (use it w/o data) . . . however we came to a satisfactory compromise.
    What was your compromise? I wouldn't mind paying for power vision on both phones, I just don't want an additional $20+ for unlimited texts (I used about 2300 in the last month).

This is where I'm at right now:

PCS free and clear: $45
    7pm night and weekends (covers both lines): $5
    vision (covers both lines, includes unlimited text messaging): $10
    Second line: $20
    Again, there are no additional charges for the second line to have unlimited internet / text messaging.

Total:$80 (before taxes and fees)

-----

If I were to switch to a completely new plan, this is where it looks like I'd have to go:

2 lines, 550 minutes, includes 7pm night/weekends - $60
    PowerVision on first line: $15
    PowerVision on second line: $7.50?
    Unlimited Texts on first line: $15
    Unlimited Texts on second line: $7.50?

Total: $105

Basically, I doubt I'll use that much more bandwidth than I do on Vision. I don't see a point in paying $25 more for the same level of service I'm already getting. I wouldn't mind paying a *little* more than $80, but $25 seems a bit much.

So, can retentions activate phones and should I call them back to activate these 2 treos when they arrive to try to work something out? Or will someone in store be able to do something for me? It seems like most people who do new plans over the phone end up with messed up bills, etc, so I'm more comfortable activating in-store if a plan change is necessary. Just wondering if retentions would be better (or if I can even do that).
    Last edited by rumz; 05/14/2007 at 06:29 PM.
    Just started going through the purchase process at the Sprint.com site, choosing a rate plan, etc., when a chat window popped up. After answering a few questions, the CSR (Jessica) advised me that the 755p wasn't available.

Made my purchase decision real easy
    I just went through Retentions after almost two hours squabbling with Sprint and Inphonics. I am within the 30 day trial. Sprint told me contact Inphonics to exchange the 700P for a 755P, but Inphonics wouldn't do it. I told them that I was cancelling my account. They gave me a RMA, and I sent the 700P back to them FedEx.

I called Sprint to cancel my SERO plan. Retentions temporarily (30 days) credited my account $579.00 for the 700P and placed an order for a 755P. I should have it within the usual three to five business days. After the discounts, credits, "PowerUp" coupon, and $100.00 rebate, the 755P should cost $229.00.

I don't have any expectation of a smooth exchange, but I think in the end that the 755P will cost $229.00.
    Quote Originally Posted by rumz View Post

Basically, I doubt I'll use that much more bandwidth than I do on Vision. I don't see a point in paying $25 more for the same level of service I'm already getting. I wouldn't mind paying a *little* more than $80, but $25 seems a bit much.

So, can retentions activate phones and should I call them back to activate these 2 treos when they arrive to try to work something out?
    present your argument to retentions. They can document it. If someone screws it up be prepared to sort it out with retentions again. Sometimes it happens. But they will make it right.
    I called retentions today, since I'm out of contract as of last month, and got my (RED!) one for 279.00 without a mail in rebate or anything. I know for a fact it was 279.00 because I saw the charge go through on my card. I got a great rep who was bending over backwards. I explained I was out of contract and shopping around, and the 755p had piqued my interest, and asked what she could do for me.

She offered me the 755p for 279.00 plus I got to keep my old plan with a 10% discount! Yeah. Only thing I didn't get to keep were my free text message, which is no biggie, since I don't use much anyway. But she went ahead and threw in 500 free text messages per month for me. There is no way I will use those up!

My Vision Plan does have to switch to Power Vision, but she offered me that for the exact same price as what I am paying now for it (15.00).

Plus, my husbands phone was eligible for an upgrade. He doesn't have any of the extras...strictly phone only (and I MAKE him get that, he could care less if he had one or not...LOL), so she offered me the Sanyo 7000 for free for him. Which is great cause it's pretty rugged and he works outdoors.

So here's how it breaks down:

We keep our family plan which is 1000 free shared minutes at a 10% discount;
    Unlimited nights and weekends starting at 7:00 p.m.;
    Unlimited Sprint to Sprint calls;
    PowerVision on my phone for $15.00;
    500 free text messages for me;
    a new 755p for 279.00;
    and a free Sanyo 7000!

I am pretty happy. I got my new phone, my DH got a free one, and we keep the same basic plan for 10% less. So I have a two year contract...I've been with them for over 6 already and hadn't planned on changing anyway!

But, I am questioning whether to go with the PowerVision or PAM (phone as modem) plan (40.00), since I stream TV alot (via SlingBox). Not sure if that will raise a data usage flag or not. I only connect to my laptop maybe twice a month (via bluetooth and #777...will that still work with the 755p?) for maybe 10 minutes at a time. I hate to upgrade unless I am going to need it to stream my TV. Any thoughts?
    Well as wel ALL know there are many weird problems with the 700. But in the last few days, my 700 has been shutting off by itself, the actual phone signal as if i had held down the red button to turn off the radio.

Today while I was on the phone with the sprint rep about the 755 I couldn't turn off the speaker phone. It showed as off but was still coming out the speaker.

the battery has been draining rapidly.

so, yes, it was a strange turn of events.

J

Very strange! Mine has turned the phone off a couple of times also. It just dropped it intantly and required a power up cycle.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12