Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I only owned a 700p for a short time and don't remember if this is a carryover issue, but on the 755p, you can't set a vibrate alert when new email arrives in VersaMail.
    so this is your bug list? one item
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I'm sure it will grow over time....

maybe?
    This list hasn't grown? I've been considering the upgrade from my 650 and this device is sounding pretty solid. Are there known issues? I see a couple of people having problems but no proof of actual bugs?
    Not sure if it is a bug but there is a battery issue. When removing the battery from the charger it immediately goes to 99% or even lower. see this thread for more information:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=144219&page=2
    BT headset doesn't take priority for calls over the headset jack as a line out.

When listening to Audible after the preset auto off time only the screen blacks, the keyboard stays lit and the buttons stay active.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post

When listening to Audible after the preset auto off time only the screen blacks, the keyboard stays lit and the buttons stay active.
    Guess I'm confused because I haven't had an opportunity to use a BT headset. What does it mean when it doesn't take priority for calls over headset jack as line out? Does that mean that if your using for example, a stereo headset and a call comes in your BT headset doesn't work until you unplug the stereo headphones? Is that different behavior than say a 650? Do you think they could/would fix this in a MR?

Would/could the Audible issues be fixed with a software update you think?

Thanks for the info.

Yeah, I don't know if that is a bug. It was probably set like that, but it should be an easy fix if Palm wants to do it.

After deleting some hacks and reinstalling others and fixing my Chatter lag, I can say that yeah so far it looks solid compared to the 700p. Speed wise it is kind of like the 650, but sometimes there is some random minimal lag.

There are still some apps that are a bit buggy on the 755p though. Mundu is one of them and believe it or not there is a bug in Pocket Tunes that resets the Treo. They both know about it and are working on a fix.

Al
    Sure its not a "bug" but I used to do it all the time with the 700p. It's a feature I'm gonna miss

I believe both could be changed with an update. Easy stuff.
    Treolo what is the bug in PT?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    Treolo what is the bug in PT?
    I've been trying to investigate why my Treo 755 resets after using these programs on the background at the same time: Chatteremail, Mundu and pTunes. Well, I have narrowed to Mundu and pTunes not getting along during streaming music and getting MSN messages. It seems like pTunes uses up all sockets together wth pTunes and instead of just stopping or clearing some sockets it just resets the Treo. According to pTunes there is a bug in pTunes that does that only on the 755p because it doesn't happen on the 680. At the same time Mundu is aware of that. So I'm starting to think that these apps need to some how prevent the OS from crashing, which might be a bug in the OS or a bug in the apps code who knows, but I'm pretty sure they are working on a fix.

Al
    That makes sense that there could be a conflict like that and I wonder if it could have something to do with the dbcache. I don't know a lot about dbcache problems but I do know when it gets low that it can crash the device. If you have a program like Resco Explorer you can monitor the dbcache which I do a lot. Also Resco Backup totally deletes the dbcache so if you use that program you are likely to have problems unless you clear it or at least do a soft reset.
    Sure its not a "bug" but I used to do it all the time with the 700p. It's a feature I'm gonna miss

I believe both could be changed with an update. Easy stuff.
    I think it is a "bug" because the BT headset worked while line connected until I answered a call using a wired headset. Since then, BT does not connect when wired with anything in the headset jack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathearder View Post
    That makes sense that there could be a conflict like that and I wonder if it could have something to do with the dbcache. I don't know a lot about dbcache problems but I do know when it gets low that it can crash the device. If you have a program like Resco Explorer you can monitor the dbcache which I do a lot. Also Resco Backup totally deletes the dbcache so if you use that program you are likely to have problems unless you clear it or at least do a soft reset.
    I don't think its a dbcache issue. I have reset doctor installed on mine to clear cache when it gets below 15megs, which is very high, it still resets.

This current hard reset i have no opened ptunes, and i've yet to have any problems. It seems that even the version included with the phone (not upgrading to pro or whatever) does the same thing.

My advice, hard reset, dont' touch ptunes until we hear about a fix.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnH59 View Post
    I think it is a "bug" because the BT headset worked while line connected until I answered a call using a wired headset. Since then, BT does not connect when wired with anything in the headset jack.
    Maybe, but I have the same results even after a hard reset and a backdated restore.

If it was "software" related it would have reverted back.
    It's a bug!

It can be fixed or at least reset. I haven't answered via a wired headset to see if the correction is permanent, but I suspect it would screw up again. Luckily the fixing isn't a big deal.

Go to system prefs then handsfree and then check the "always route call to hadsfree". If its checked like mine was (which is why its a bug and I think it will happen again each time) uncheck it and recheck it.
    OK more testing.

It works better if you uncheck it, and its actually quite intuitive.
    Unchecked it works great with Speaker only line out (2 black rings) The call is routed to the BT. If you plug in a handsfree Headset (3 black rings) the call is routed to the wired headset. This does however set a "precedence" until Audible is out of the cache by loading another app and then back to it (which should happen in normal use anyway) then it goes back to sending it to BT if you have a line out plugged in (2 black rings)

Awesome!!
    how about the infamous headphones jack? observe:

i experienced my first audio related problem. At first i thought of course "man the headphones went out/ i tore the cord/ etc"

Oddly, only the right channel worked. didnt sound like a jack problem and my headphones were plugged all the way into the jack....so i fiddled with the cable a bit. replugged it to the connection in the middle of the extension line and nothing worked. after about a minute i thought, "eh couldnt hurt trying the treo..."

i then unplugged the jack from the treo's bottom and on the way out of the jack the audio came on full blast working perfectly. i plugged it back into the jack and it continued playing out of the speakerphone. i continued removing the jack and then i plugged it back in and everything worked fine. i did that a few times to try duplicate it but nothing worked. my treo is in fine working condition now.

anyone having jack problems like mine?
    The not shutting off while playing Audible, is Audible's fault. Since they've only had two versions in who knows how many years, I am not hopeful for a fix anytime soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo View Post
    believe it or not there is a bug in Pocket Tunes that resets the Treo. They both know about it and are working on a fix.

Al
    Do you have a link to more information on this?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast