Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by awu_gigabyte View Post
    Do you have a link to more information on this?
    I got the info on my personal email, but it is not detailed. pTunes still works on the 755p, it just fails if there is too much Internet traffic. So in the mean time if you minimize the number of apps hitting the Internet you should be fine.

Al
    So they aren't saying that its related to the BGTask q full error?
    I just upgraded to a 755p. I tried beaming individual categories of Memos from my old 650 to my 755p, and for some reason, they beamed over into Documents to Go as "Native Text Files". The same thing happens when I try sending via Bluetooth as well. Definitely a bug!!
    I hate using PTunes, it seems to absolutely kill the battery life

AIM Program - problems (theres a reason no one uses it!)

As for as the audio jack, I don't have any problems other than I keep forgetting that I turn off the ringer (via the switch) and sound doesn't come out.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by EazyE View Post
    how about the infamous headphones jack? observe:

i experienced my first audio related problem. At first i thought of course "man the headphones went out/ i tore the cord/ etc"

Oddly, only the right channel worked. didnt sound like a jack problem and my headphones were plugged all the way into the jack....so i fiddled with the cable a bit. replugged it to the connection in the middle of the extension line and nothing worked. after about a minute i thought, "eh couldnt hurt trying the treo..."

i then unplugged the jack from the treo's bottom and on the way out of the jack the audio came on full blast working perfectly. i plugged it back into the jack and it continued playing out of the speakerphone. i continued removing the jack and then i plugged it back in and everything worked fine. i did that a few times to try duplicate it but nothing worked. my treo is in fine working condition now.

anyone having jack problems like mine?
    Yes, Lost ALL audio the very first time I plugged the headphone in!! Could not hear anyone calling in, voicemail operator or pocket-tunes. after a half hour with Srint tech support and half hour at the local Sprint repair station no resolution! Came home and cleaned the jack with alcohol and some canned air....ALL seems well...for now.
    After 72 hrs of use... also noting frequent Power Vision connection failures, with both Blazer and Snappermail. About 30% of the time it fails to INITIALLY connect, giving me this error message "Error: 3000: Data service is unavailable in this area. Please try again later (Ox713E)"

This happens despite being in good coverage with a strong signal. It ALWAYS connects on the 2nd try, but then takes a loooong time (>20 secs) to subsequently DISCONNECT. I haven't loaded many 3rd party apps, but perhaps Snappermail is the culprit.

Anybody else having a similar issue?
    FYI TCers: my wife's first 755P had EVDO connection problems - most times it fell back to 1xRTT even in EVDO area. Also took a long time to connect if it connected at all (75% connection rate). Took it to the store for replacement and the new one performs like my 700P - connection is fast and reliable. Obviously a hardware issue. Beware - my wife said she would not have known about the issue if not for her geeky husband.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    These are bugs to me... serious gripes that have destroyed the quick-witted mindset of the phone app:

1) The ignorance of reverting from the 650's favorite-style phone app menu to the 600's phone app 4-selection menu. (i.e. - after opening phone app, just press up to see your contacts or left to see your call log right away without having to hit another button to "select")

2) The BEST feature of the Treos was removed with the 755p: "Dialing by name or number". Now if I want to dial a number directly, I have to hold option and then start dialing the number...that's retarded. I bought a smartphone, dammit! The 300, 600, & 650 were smart enough to distinguish whether I was dialing a number or contact, why can't the 755?!?!?

3) Other people didn't like the 650's button layout when they first saw it...I saw its usefulness. Other people didn't like the 755's button layout after seeing the 650's layout...I was one of those people. I've actually adjusted to the ones that people seem to be having trouble with like power/hangup, menu, home, etc... but I can't seem to understand why there's a phone app button AND a green button. The only purpose of the green button is to dial calls...which the phone button was doing fine all by itself. I just wish Palm would make more sense these days. Why not just replace that phone button with something else and let the green button act like the phone button of the 650?!?

It's disappointing to me that ALL of my gripes with the Treos have been solved except for the most crucial ones, the ones related to the phone app. The phone's controls should be getting easier and more intuitive, not randomly awkward.

With the previous Treos, it would notice whether the first few characters you were typing were all numbers or if they began the first or last names of someone in your contacts db. . .it was the first smart feature i ever noticed of the new smartphone era.

BUT IT'S GONE...WTF!?!
    Quote Originally Posted by grndslm View Post
    These are bugs to me... serious gripes that have destroyed the quick-witted mindset of the phone app:

1) The ignorance of reverting from the 650's favorite-style phone app menu to the 600's phone app 4-selection menu. (i.e. - after opening phone app, just press up to see your contacts or left to see your call log right away without having to hit another button to "select")

2) The BEST feature of the Treos was removed with the 755p: "Dialing by name or number". Now if I want to dial a number directly, I have to hold option and then start dialing the number...that's retarded. I bought a smartphone, dammit! The 300, 600, & 650 were smart enough to distinguish whether I was dialing a number or contact, why can't the 755?!?!?

3) Other people didn't like the 650's button layout when they first saw it...I saw its usefulness. Other people didn't like the 755's button layout after seeing the 650's layout...I was one of those people. I've actually adjusted to the ones that people seem to be having trouble with like power/hangup, menu, home, etc... but I can't seem to understand why there's a phone app button AND a green button. The only purpose of the green button is to dial calls...which the phone button was doing fine all by itself. I just wish Palm would make more sense these days. Why not just replace that phone button with something else and let the green button act like the phone button of the 650?!?

It's disappointing to me that ALL of my gripes with the Treos have been solved except for the most crucial ones, the ones related to the phone app. The phone's controls should be getting easier and more intuitive, not randomly awkward.

With the previous Treos, it would notice whether the first few characters you were typing were all numbers or if they began the first or last names of someone in your contacts db. . .it was the first smart feature i ever noticed of the new smartphone era.

BUT IT'S GONE...WTF!?!
    I think I have the answer to your dialing issue. Go to the phone app, tap on the word Sprint in the upper left corner, go over to the Options menu and tap on Phone Display Options. In the middle of the screen is a pulldown menu where you can select 1) Typing dials phone number, or 2) Typing starts Contacts search. Sounds like you want number 1. Hope this helps!
    Quote Originally Posted by qstorm View Post
    I think I have the answer to your dialing issue. Go to the phone app, tap on the word Sprint in the upper left corner, go over to the Options menu and tap on Phone Display Options. In the middle of the screen is a pulldown menu where you can select 1) Typing dials phone number, or 2) Typing starts Contacts search. Sounds like you want number 1. Hope this helps!
    Nope, can't remember the exact wording on the 650...battery is dead and I don't feel like reviving it.

I could definitely begin to directly type a number, such as "228-86", or begin to directly type a name or their initials from my contact list, such as "JL" for Jeremie Ladner. The Treo was smart enough to determine whether those first few characters were a phone number OR a contact. It wasn't forced to do one or the other, holding down a key to dial the numbers.

I can certainly see how some people could think that's confusing. But THAT was the reason I bought a Treo 300...well, that and Vision for $10/mo, now with SERO, EVDO is actually cheaper than I paid for Vision then.

SOO, in conclusion: YAY Sprint! WTF Palm?
    This doesn't seem like much of a bug "list" as much as it is a discussion of a couple of unrelated issues. In previous forums we had a bug list that was updated in the first post with short descriptions.

Regardless, I would add touch tone sounds - even when on mute and shortened alarm sounds. It is a significant bug if you are in a business meeting and getting a lot of messages or alerts. Also, it managed to get onto the 700p with the ROM update.
    Yip...my bugs are really just all symptoms of the flu. Palm is contagious and they're spreading their sickness -- st00pidity.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12