1.    #1  
    This woulld be another, possibly overlooked, reason to upgrade for 650 users. I can't data roam with my 650. I often wish I could.
    Yeah, you're right. I'm in Montreal right now and I can't use data roaming with my Treo 650. According to Sprint's site, the 700p and 700wx are the only Treos that allow data roaming. I'm sure the 755p will allow this as well. It will be nice since I travel to Canada a few times per year.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Does data roaming cost extra? I can't find the rates anywhere on sprint's website...
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    Does data roaming cost extra? I can't find the rates anywhere on sprint's website...
    It depends on who you talk to. I've seen plenty of threads on various sites where some say if your plan includes unlimited free roaming as well as data, then it's free. Some say any data roaming is subject to extra fees no matter what. Right now I have my Treo set to warn me before establishing a roaming data connection just in case. When I get around to it I'll roam on data for a few minutes and check my next bill to see what happens.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by letsgoflyers81 View Post
    It depends on who you talk to. I've seen plenty of threads on various sites where some say if your plan includes unlimited free roaming as well as data, then it's free. Some say any data roaming is subject to extra fees no matter what. Right now I have my Treo set to warn me before establishing a roaming data connection just in case. When I get around to it I'll roam on data for a few minutes and check my next bill to see what happens.
    That's probably what I'll have to do. Like you, I travel to Canada alot as well and this will be extremely useful on those trips. Thanks!
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaer57 View Post
    That's probably what I'll have to do. Like you, I travel to Canada alot as well and this will be extremely useful on those trips. Thanks!
    No problem, but figure on paying for data roaming when you're in Canada. All the references to free data roaming have been domestically, not internationally. I thought that's what you were referring to. Internal data roaming costs $0.002/kb in Canada starting in June.