Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I hope this is true..According to Palm & another post in this forum: The maximum size of expansion card that can be used in your device depends on the model.

Treo 755p
    4GB

We have tested 4GB miniSD cards and SDHC (secure digital high capacity) cards and can say that they will work in this device.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Is VolumeCare even needed on this model?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    Is VolumeCare even needed on this model?
    hey jag,

i was reading reviews and they said volume care is not needed. it seems as if they improved the speaker quality.
    diane
    i'll vouch for that. i have to keep the volume 2 steps away from max because it is way loud already i love it btw!!
  5.    #45  
    Here's another update on my 755p. After using my 755p all day from 6:30am to 5:00pm today, my battery life went down to approx 42%. I find that pretty good. Not fantastic, but good. I used the phone a couple times, the internet many times, and some text messages too. Plus I have ChatterEmail installed which received a few emails, which usually drains the battery faster than normal, at least from previous experience with my previous Treos. In my opinion, as long as it gets me through a full day without recharging in between, that's decent for me. I was used to using a Seido extended life battery on my old 700p, so hopefully there will be one available for the 755p soon.

Also, I did experience 1 random soft reset as soon as I clicked on the Web icon the other day. I may have had another random soft reset too with something else. But so far this is nothing compared to the various soft resets I used to have with my 700p. The 755p is much improved in this regard, as least so far with only a few days usage. I like the fact that the 755p quickly exits out of the Web, whereby the 700p would usually have a long delay.

As for the lag issue, I will say that I now have a very small amount of lag after loading up the usual dozens and dozens of apps. When the 755p was new out of the box, it was very quick going back and forth between apps. Now there is a small amount of lag delay with all the ridiculous apps I installed. Still this is a noticeable improvement over the 700p.

I also played a few games of Deluxe Bowling to test if there is any momentary freeze/pause that I used to get with the 700p. I did not experience this problem with the 755p so this is a good sign that music should probably also play correctly without the pause/skip problem that plagued the 700p.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    well count me in on the 755 bandwagon
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    well count me in on the 755 bandwagon
    Ditto. Ordered mine today through retentions. I'll miss the 2GB "SD plus USB" card I used with my Treo 650, but such is life. I'm really looking forward to the 755p!

I know this will not come as a shock to many, but I thought I'd pass it along (for what it's worth). I stuck my head in a Sprint store to get a hands on look at the 755p yesterday. I asked about ordering a burgundy one and the Sprint employee swore up and down that there wasn't a burgundy one within 250 miles of the store. She said, "unless you want to wait 3-4 weeks, you'll have to order a blue one." The funny/sad part of the story is that a friend of mine was just down the street at another Sprint store *holding a burgundy 755p in his hands* at the exact same time! Go figure...

Also, when I ordered through retentions, there was absolutely no problem ordering the burgundy.

Doug
  8.    #48  
    I'm having a problem with LauncherX. Even though I have the box checked to use this as the default launcher, this does not happen. Instead, my 755p wants to go to the built-in home app instead of LauncherX. Anyone else having this problem?
    Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I'm having a problem with LauncherX. Even though I have the box checked to use this as the default launcher, this does not happen. Instead, my 755p wants to go to the built-in home app instead of LauncherX. Anyone else having this problem?
    I'm having the same problem with treo launcher... Horace(the developer) is good with the tech support so I know there will be a fix out soon enough
  10.    #50  
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    I'm having the same problem with treo launcher... Horace(the developer) is good with the tech support so I know there will be a fix out soon enough
    Thanks for letting me know, I thought it was just me!
    Casey
    yep, same here. treolauncher does not want to stay default. grr.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    I ordered my 755p 2 days ago and it is on the UPS truck for delivery today. I am definitely pumped up to use it. No one has commented on bluetooth in this thread, but it seems as if the BMW BT problem for the 700p (an incoming call is identified correctly on the treo but through BT is noted as the previous caller) has been fixed. Can't wait to see if that's correct.
    BB GoAmerica > BB Earthlink > Verizon Treo 600 > Sprint Treo 650 > Sprint Treo 700p > Sprint Treo 755p & Sprint MotoQ
    Ordered 6 755p's in Burgundy on Monday. They charged me $229.99 each! There is a $50 power up bonus for each phone you purchase "online". The retentions department has all the power in the world baby! I was due my 2 year upgrade credit, on two lines, but the others were just renewed last summer. I mentioned the iphone and it seemed to grease the skids!

So far I love the upgrade from the 650. IMO there is no need for Volume Care on the 755p. The rubbery feel is soo hot! (that's what she said lol) I also thought the colors on Bejeweled 2 were more vibrant than the 650. The buttons are a little tight (they are kinda hard to push), but I might feel that way because my 650 keyboard was so mushy.

My wife was going bananas with the sprint TV videos and radio. We have also found the on-demand app to be quite easy to use.

We zapped our phone books and calendars over and we were good to go!

I tried to download the All in one yahoo mail / AOL / MSN application and I keep getting an error. Anyone else have this?

The IM app was pretty fun to use, but the messages took quite some time to pop up.

I did see some garbled rendering near the address box of my web browser last night. We'll see if it happens again.
    Who am I, sir? A Utah man am I A Utah man, sir, and will be till I die!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123