Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    I'm having problem with my registration with LauncherX. Anyone else?

Edit:
    Good news, I sent an email to the developer of LauncherX, and 1 day later, I got a new 5 digit password that now works for the 755p. Good stuff!
    Last edited by Casey Cheung; 05/14/2007 at 09:26 PM.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    hey casey,

did you buy it outright? if so how much in total?
    diane
  3.    #23  
    What do you mean by outright? I did qualify for an instant $200 discount, because I was able to use the wife's 2 year plan discount eligibility (we share the same bill together). However, because I was the one who is going to use the new 755p, not her, therefore I did not get the extra $100 mail in rebate. So my out the door price was $379.00 plus tax at the local Sprint store.
    Casey
  4.    #24  
    Now that I have to get a freakin mini SD card, does anyone know a good place to buy a fast large 4GB card for a good price??
    Casey
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post

Also, my new $100 Vaja case on my 700p doesn't fit quite right. It's now too loose for the 755p. Also the back speakerphone vent is now in the wrong place. Worse, the bottom part of the keyboard of the new 755p has been lowered, so that the Vaja case now sticks up too high at the bottom end of the keyboard. Always something! Does Vaja make a case to fit the 755p corectly?
    Yes Vaja does make a case for the 755, it is the same case for the 680/750. Why would you expect a case for a 700 to fit a 750? It is a totally different phone.

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
  6.    #26  
    Does anyone know if the below card will work with the 755p? Does it make a difference if the card is SDHC ? Thanks, Casey

Transcend Mini Secure Digital SDHC Card - 4GB Mini SDHC - TS4GSDMHC
    Price: $49.24
    Casey
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by ivhs72 View Post
    Yes Vaja does make a case for the 755, it is the same case for the 680/750. Why would you expect a case for a 700 to fit a 750? It is a totally different phone.

Cool, thanks for the tidbit. I will call the local Palm store for availability on the Vaja case for the 755p. Are you saying the dimensions are exactly the same as the 680/750 ? Is this also true for all accessories too?

Also, does anyone know if an extended life battery is available for the 755p yet? I was using a Seido extended life battery for the 700p, and this worked great. Thanks, Casey.
    Casey
    Casey Cheung, I've been asking the same question in another thread....so far no answers.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    off topic, but can you change the font from the default that you get with the Garnet OS ??
    What do you mean by outright? I did qualify for an instant $200 discount, because I was able to use the wife's 2 year plan discount eligibility (we share the same bill together). However, because I was the one who is going to use the new 755p, not her, therefore I did not get the extra $100 mail in rebate. So my out the door price was $379.00 plus tax at the local Sprint store.
    When I say outright I mean at FULL PRICE. Sorry I guess I should have been more specific. Anyway I'm just going to order it over the phone from Sprint since none of the stores have the burgandy color.
    diane
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    Reading this board too often gets dangerous! After reading several posts, I found myself buying a Sprint 755p at the local Sprint store today. Just happened that this store in San Francisco had 18 in stock which arrived today.

The 755p is much snappier than the 700p! Going back and forth between apps is much quicker. Don't get that 1/2 second delay anymore as with the 700p.

Also, when clicking on the Web app, this too seems much quicker. It immediately goes to whatever website is my default, which happens to be Google mobile. Even better, when clicking out of the internet, and to say the Phone app, this too happens much quicker without the usual delay of the 700p. I don't think the actual internet speed is any faster, but clicking into the Web and clicking out of the Web positively seems snappier. A welcome thing!

I'm not able to verify if the 755p has the same pause/skip problem of the 700p when playing music. I currently don't have a mini-SD card to even test this. However, the built in PTunes app had a couple demo tunes, and I played with this for about 30 seconds, and this seems okay at first glance. Won't know for sure until later.

I can't believe there's no antenna. What am I gonna do without an antenna?!?

Also, my new $100 Vaja case on my 700p doesn't fit quite right. It's now too loose for the 755p. Also the back speakerphone vent is now in the wrong place. Worse, the bottom part of the keyboard of the new 755p has been lowered, so that the Vaja case now sticks up too high at the bottom end of the keyboard. Always something! Does Vaja make a case to fit the 755p corectly?

I just tried Directory Assistant, and the latest version 3.30 which works perfectly for the 700p now has problems with the 755p. For example, when clicking on a phone number to dial in business lookup, there is an error message that says the device is not supported (rough paraphrase). Rick, where are you?

Other minor problem I had was that the 755p kept trying to do a Phone Updater process, and when I clicked okay, it would quit halfway through with an error message. At the last attempt, I clicked on "never" and this problem seems to have disappeared for now.

I now need to test whether the phone voice quality, as heard from other callers talking to me is any better. My friends always told me my voice quality sounded like cr@p on my Sprint Treo 700p, plus with an echo problem too (the caller would hear their own voice in an echo). Hopefully the 755p will be better, but won't know until later.

I do like the keyboard better on the 755p. The clicking action seems more sure. Plus the rubberized back side of the 755p is cool too, which helps to avoid slipping out of your hands.

I'm pissed that this thing now takes a mini-SD card. What am I gonna do with all my 4GB SD cards now?!?

Lastly, I'm truly hoping that the 755p won't have all those crazy sporadic soft resets, especially when clicking onto the Web, or web hyperlinks. Sometimes, simply turning on the 700p and entering a password entry would immediately cause a soft reset. This soft reset problem happened too many times with my 700p, which was getting annoying. I've only played with the 755p for a few hours now, and haven't experienced this yet, but it's way too early to tell.

Is your battery 1600mah? How's your battery life?
    Handspring Visor 2mb; Visor Prism; Palm i705; Tungsten2; VZW Treo650; TMO Crimson Treo680; iPhone 3g on TMO edge
    [QUOTE=Casey Cheung;1256893]Cool, thanks for the tidbit. I will call the local Palm store for availability on the Vaja case for the 755p. Are you saying the dimensions are exactly the same as the 680/750 ? Is this also true for all accessories too?

[QUOTE]

As far as I know, the outside dimensions for the 755 are identical to the 680/750 phones. The battery is slightly larger, but the case is the same. I don't know of many places that stock Vaja cases, I got mine from them direct, www.vajacases.com

Phones: Sprint Blackberry Bold 9650, Sprint Blackberry Tour 9630, Nextel Blackberry 8350i Curve (Everything Plus Family Data 1600)

"When I die bury me deep, put two speakers at my feet, a pair of ear phones on my head, and always play The Grateful Dead."
    Casey,
    None of the SDHC cards work w/ the 755P (or any Treo as far as I know). I could not easily find a "reputable" 4GB mini-SD card so went c a 2GB for now. There is a "samsung guts" non-SDHC mini SD card on Ebay that some 750 users have been using (some c probs though). Have not seen any 755 owners post yet on successfully using a 4GB mini SD--hopefully some will soon. I wouldn't mind getting one for the 755/750 whichever one I end up keeping!!
    d
    Quote Originally Posted by Carterism View Post
    When I say outright I mean at FULL PRICE. Sorry I guess I should have been more specific. Anyway I'm just going to order it over the phone from Sprint since none of the stores have the burgandy color.
    You cant order the burgundy color over the phone... I tried.. Lucky I went to my local store on saturday and they put one on reserve for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    You cant order the burgundy color over the phone... I tried.. Lucky I went to my local store on saturday and they put one on reserve for me.
    Actually I just did it this morning. Called up retentions..had 6months left over in my contract on three of my lines and they gave it to me for $279 rebates and everything. $200 instant, $100 mail-in. My burgundy 755p should be here in 3 days.
    diane
    Actually I just did it this morning. Called up retentions..had 6months left over in my contract on three of my lines and they gave it to me for $279 rebates and everything. $200 instant, $100 mail-in. My burgundy 755p should be here in 3 days.
    I call retentions also, the guy spent 30 mins trying to figure out how to order the 755p in burgundy and told me he could only order it in blue... Ow well..
    I call retentions also, the guy spent 30 mins trying to figure out how to order the 755p in burgundy and told me he could only order it in blue... Ow well..
    Try again! They lady even asked me which color I wanted because it was available in two colors: blue or burgundy. She asked me again just to verify she had ordered the right color.
    diane
    Try again! They lady even asked me which color I wanted because it was available in two colors: blue or burgundy. She asked me again just to verify she had ordered the right color.
    Like I said I had reserved on over the weekend and just picked it up this afternoon.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Like I said I had reserved on over the weekend and just picked it up this afternoon.
    Nice! I did not read that part.
    diane
  20.    #40  
    Okay, here's an update after a couple day's usage of the 755p. The 755p is more responsive in switching back and forth between apps versus the 700p. However, after loading my usual dozens and dozens of apps, I have now noticed a minor delay that wasn't there when the unit was first new out of the box. Still, it's much better than the 700p, but it's positively experiencing a slight delay with all my downloaded apps now. One good thing though is that switching in and out of the Web is still very quick on the 755p, whereas it crawled with a long delay on the 700p.

Another excellent thing to report is that my friends tell me the sound quality is much better with the 755p. These same friends used to constantly tell me the sound quality was cr@p with 700p! I called these same people, and they tell me they can hear me more clearly now, and without that annoying echo of hearing their own voice. This improvement is true with VolumeCare both enabled and disabled...makes no difference. Whereas, the 700p, having VolumeCare enabled make the echo problem worse. But on the 755p, having VolumeCare enabled doesn't create or make worse an echo problem. The echo problem simply isn't there to begin with. Hooray!!

As for random soft resets, it may be too early to tell still, but so far I think the 755p is an improvement in this area too.

Unfortunately, I cannot report on any possible pause/skips with playing music on the 755p because I still don't have a mini-SD card to play music with yet. I have just now ordered a 4GB mini-SD card, so I will be able to test this soon.
    Last edited by Casey Cheung; 05/15/2007 at 07:30 AM.
    Casey
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast