1.    #1  
    hi, i'm new to the forum and hope someone can help me. i would like to sync my outlook calendar on my treo 650 with the outlook calendar connected with my job's goodlink account so that there's just one calendar and i can keep track of entries entered from my home computer, my treo650 and my office outlook. can this be done?
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    goodlink will sync it's calendar to the calendar on your office's exchange server. You can enter events on the treo or you can you use outlook or outlook web acces on your home PC to add things directly to excahnge (and than they will propigate to the treo via goodlink).

did I answer your question?
  3.    #3  
    hi, you did answer the question...i'm just not sure i understand it. neither the events i enter in outlook on my home pc nor my treo make their way to goodlink. i guess i don't know how to add events to the web exchange via my treo or home pc outlook. (i'm embarrassed to ask for what seems like such basic help, but...)
    thanks so much
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    do you have goodlink installed on your treo?

It beasically replaces the built in calendar, notes, tasks, contacts applications.

the built in applications wont sync to your office exchange server with goodlink.

The built in calendar, contacts (private contacts not public folder contacts), email (INBOX only) can directly sync to your exchange at your office if they have exchange activesync enabled and you buy about 12$ in upgrades to the built in software on the treo (versail 3.5 and active synch update are needed- the former is like 10 bucks the later like 2 if I recall).

Besides the limits of active synch it appears to be very fickle- I tried it for about a week and probably 20 times a day it lost the PUSH connection, 5 times a day it gave me errors, and about 1 time each day I would have to delete the account and start from scratch to get it to work. Only been playing with GOOD for about a day but so far none of that crap and I get the extra features (it's not perfect but it's alright)
  5.    #5  
    i do have have goodlink installed on my treo (as of yesterday, which is why this is all so foreign to me), and i am successfully receiving my office e-mail. what i'd like to do is have one calendar and contacts on my treo rather than the two i currently have (the built in and those from goodlink). i will try the versamail and active synch updates. many thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    the goodlink calendar should be syncing to the exchange calendar -
    you can basically ignore the built in calendar/contacts/notes/etc - I'm new to good myself so I need to learn how to get rid of all that stuff myself- but basically that's all "leftover" from before you had good installed.

you should be able to live with just good. (although apparently there is some reason to keep the treo contacts?- I can't figure it- good does take a few extra button presses but i can email, phone, sms/mms from good and I just found the caller id does work with the good contacts- so I'm not seeing why i'd want to bother with a duplicate contacts database....)
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    and my 2 cents (limited experience - used versamal EAS for a week and good for 2 days)- Good is umpteen times better.

EAS sounds like nirvana but it's just a POS compared to good, and versamail is like a complete 3rd rate email program- it's pathetic.