Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    I can't believe Palm brought out STILL ANOTHER phone without stereo Bluetooth and A2DP support....Palm still lagging on this killer phone ap..that's sold millions of crappy Chocolate phones.

I have 6 gigs of music on my 8gig SD card ...which songs would I throw away before sizing down to a 4 gig miniSD.

Also, still the puny/weak 2.5mm stereo jack instead of standard 3.5mm....necessary since they don't offer stereo BT.

Versacrap still in ROM
    No WiFi
    No GPS support

Some bug fixes and a new (last year) case

....and still nothing to fix the bugs in my 700P. Hey Palm! Q1, 2007 is officially over.

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ ! !
    Last edited by Wchapman; 05/12/2007 at 09:28 PM.
    Warren C.
    I'll trade ya for my hacked-out 700p
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    spend $15-20 on S.AG. problem solved....
    I am not surprised. I expect nothing but pooh from palm now a days
    My Treo 750 has great A2DP capabilities
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I am not surprised. I expect nothing but pooh from palm now a days
    Are you bipolar?

Treoneo's 755p recomendation
    at&t iPhone3G
    no but I am pobilar
    No more Palm for me. Very disappointing to hear lag still exists.
    Global Posts
    191 Global Posts
    755p is treo 700p in nicer outfit - won't be surprised ig it has the same or slightly redesigned motherboard. The developement cost of new hardware that is based on existing reference deisgn and same software is x1000 less then one based on a new design(new cpu, new blutuetoth chipset, wifi, etc) That's probably the only reason they were able to come out with a new phone in less then one year.
    no but I am pobilar
    lol
    at&t iPhone3G
    Just wait til the new Linux POS comes out. That will make or break Palm...
    Quote Originally Posted by R1_Rydah View Post
    Shhhh. It's more fun to whine and complain.
    Forgive my ignorance…

What is S.AG.?
    Quote Originally Posted by GeneL View Post
    Forgive my ignorance…

What is S.AG.?
    its short for Softick Audio Gateway

http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/

its not working on the 755 yet, but just give them time they will get things going
    its short for Softick Audio Gateway

http://www.softick.com/bluetooth-audio/

its not working on the 755 yet, but just give them time they will get things going
    R1_Rydah, thanks for the answer.

Will using this app allow voice dialing?

I just got Sprint to replace my problematic 700P with the 755, but it is still disappointing that it doesn't have GPS and voice dialing.
    how did you get them to give you a 755 upgrade?? was this in store?
    I picked up my 755p yesterday. I see no lag, other than a slight one when moving from Blazer to the main window. EVDO is incredibly fast. All my applications (installed fresh from scratch with latest upgrades) run seamlessly. Need to get a bit used to the button placement, having upgraded from a 600.

Only apps I have other than default are Datebook 5 (havent gone to 6 yet, will in a day or so), Snappermail, Splash ID, Splash Photo, upgraded ptunes and missingsync.

Screen is beautiful, size is great, I have no complaints. Those of you complaining....good grief, the stats on this thing were out weeks ago. If ya don't like it, don't buy it! As has been said here in this thread, perhaps the linux treos will be more powerful (we can only hope). For now, this is one hell of a nice replacement for my 600. Perhaps even for a 650. A 700p? I would wait for the fix, if it ever comes.
    I complain to them that I didn't blame Sprint but Palm was screwing over the 700p owners and blah blah blah "But I don't blame Sprint", "I've had this 700p since day one and it has never worked right", "I'm a long time Sprint customer and really wouldn't want to switch carriers".......................

Overnighted me the Blue 755p and I must send them my 700p.

So far it is really working well and my main problem has gone away. I always needed to connect twice to the web or for e-mail.

Feels solid and has a nicer look to it than the 700p.
    My story is similar to scrote's:

Quote Originally Posted by scrote View Post
    I complain to them that I didn't blame Sprint but Palm was screwing over the 700p owners and blah blah blah "But I don't blame Sprint", "I've had this 700p since day one and it has never worked right", "I'm a long time Sprint customer and really wouldn't want to switch carriers".......................

Overnighted me the Blue 755p and I must send them my 700p.

So far it is really working well and my main problem has gone away. I always needed to connect twice to the web or for e-mail.

Feels solid and has a nicer look to it than the 700p.
    I had only had the 700P since January, but after all the spontaneous resets, shut downs, lags and the phone problem where I could hear the person on the other end, but they couldn't hear me, I finally did a search of Treo Forums and found that there were hundreds of unhappy 700P owners.

When the USB connection failed and it appeared to be the connector on the phone, I became determined that I would get Sprint to replace my 700P with a 755.

Going to the store I ran into a stone wall, so I started calling Sprint customer service. At first, I connected with a rep who said that they could do it and that she'd switch me to someone who could set up the order. After a 30 minute wait on hold, the person who picked up was completely in the dark about the previous conversation and started talking to me about adding a third line and rebates? I asked her to switch me to a supervisor but she seemed reluctant to do that. Finally she put me back on hold. Again I waited on hold for another 30 minutes. The next rep was a repeat of the previous conversation, so I again asked to speak to a supervisor. Another long wait on hold and when a friendly, clear voice finally came on, the phone glitch popped up and while I could hear her, she couldn't hear me and she hung up.

When I got home I waited a while and then decided to try again. Once more I got another "frowning female" who was obviously not going to do anything for me, so I hung up and dialed again.

This time, to my surprise, the person who answered immediately announce that she was a supervisor and how could she help me (Yay!).

I once again explain my complaints about the phone and she asked if I'd mind waiting a few minutes while she conferred with her superior. I waited with no expectation, but when she came back, she asked if I would mind sending the 700P back to them and what color 755 would I like? They would be shipping it to me and I should have it in three to five days.

I let out a yell of happiness and said I'd be glad to send the 700P back to them and were they going to include a pick up? Yes they were.

It just goes to show that patience and persistence can pay off.

I hope that this is helpful to some of you.
    treo 755p- no A2DP- can't believe it. For those that think SAG gets you there, not necessarily if you're using Ptunes and Rhapsody To Go. SAG supports the radio channels but you'll receive errors when you try tapping into music off your SD card due to licensing issues. You'd think they would have gotten it right this time.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast