Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Hello,
    I have been trying to use TomTom v6 on my Treo 650 with some consistency for a few weeks now.
    I seem to be able to use TomTom but upon getting a call I get knocked off, and while in route have to pull over and start all over again.

Also I have found that I seem to get a no memory message.
    I am not sure how this can be...
    The TomTom software (maps program) are located on a newly formated 4 gig SD card.
    Also my Treo has 10.4 m of ram memory.
    Can anyone shed any light on these issues?

I would like to be able to receive a call while still connected to a TomTom route.
    And the memory issue's have me baffled.

Maybe I made a mistake in purchasing this form Palm and should have gotten the stand alone unit TomTom 910.

Thanks
    Thanks
    JW
    My best advice is to install tomtom again, the navigator app on the phone is only 79k and the maps are around 900mb.

But as for the call, that is a problem with the Palm OS since it cant multi task, tomtom should give you an option to ignore or answer the call but if you answer you have to restart the app, but your destination should be stores in recent items and easy to get back up. I understand how annoying this is if you are in a city and get a call and you were dependent on the navigation, I tend to ignore calls if I am in an area I dont know well and i wont answer them unless I have 5-10 miles before my next turn and I always memorize what turn I need to take next before I answer/call back someone.
    I'm pretty sure the route is saved, unless it crashes or something, that might make it not save the route. But just exiting, it should maintain the route. I often forget to clear a route and as soon as I launch Tom Tom it starts yelling at me to turn around

As for the memory problems, it might be dbcache that you're running out of. Are you running the latest firmware available? Most of the dbcache issues were fixed in the last firmware for the 650.

As for the call, I think there's not much to be done about that. You should just be able to re-launch Tom Tom.

Maybe try this; launch Tom Tom, program the route, then exit Tom Tom. Then re-enter Tom Tom, at this point your route should still be saved. Then perhaps after that, the route will remain until you manually clear it? I'm thinking that the route is getting lost because it's exiting unexpectedly perhaps.

There was a thread a while back on the phone while Tom Tom was running, and I'm pretty sure the consensus was that you could easily return to Tom Tom, even during the call, just had to launch it again. However you can't use a bluetooth headset and a bluetooth GPS on the 650 at the same time.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Is there a app that cleans out the dbcache?
    I have updated my firmware to the newest a few months back but this is a problem that happened in the very beginning and hasn't until ow.
    Not much has change other then I cleaned out a lot of apps that I purchased and just dont use any longer or can do without.
    Maybe one of them cleared the cache and I didn't realize it.

As for answering calls when they com in...
    Well it seems like a hit or miss for me.
    I sometimes get to just restart TomTom and pickup from where I left off, and then there are times I have to choose from the recent destinations open.
    This issue defeats the purpose of having a one device solution to most of my mobile needs.

There is another question:
    why if I log into TomTom and create a destination and then turn on the BT BPS doesn't the Treo / TomTom find the GPS?

I have to close TomTom and log back in choose the recent destination and then and only then does it find the GPS unit?
    I did find that I have been choosing Major cities and roads when I cant seem to be able to find the roads.
    I chose USA and Canada and I it seems to have found the destination when choosing cites and roads it did not.
    Kind a back wards isn't it?
    It is a lot slower when I choose USA and Canada.
    Anyway to make it faster?

Also on my friends stand alone 910 his software version is 6.5.24.
    Mine is v6.00 is there a newer version available?

Thank you all for offering me support.
    Last edited by n0m0n; 05/12/2007 at 09:28 PM.
    JW
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Well I have confirmed that my problem with the memory is dbcache memory.
    Does anyone know if there is a app that clears the cache at a given time on the treo?
    Thanks
    JW
    Um, lots of random questions, but I'll comment on a few things..

You can manually clear dbcache if you like with a few programs. Or you can do periodic soft resets (in the middle of the night, for instance) which should take care of it in most cases.

TomTom finds my GPS, be it on before or after I start it. The latest TomTom version is available for download from Palm.com I think, but it's just an update for 680, not sure.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Um, lots of random questions, but I'll comment on a few things..

You can manually clear dbcache if you like with a few programs. Or you can do periodic soft resets (in the middle of the night, for instance) which should take care of it in most cases.

TomTom finds my GPS, be it on before or after I start it. The latest TomTom version is available for download from Palm.com I think, but it's just an update for 680, not sure.
    I was wondering which apps or the names of them would you be able to direct me to?
    I took a look at meminfo but it does not automatically clear the db cache.
    KeyGTime+ appears also not to clear the cash and I read a few negative threads on this in relationship to not playing friendly with a few apps that I have on my Treo 650 at this time.
    Preferably I would rather not be forced to soft reset everytime I want to use Navigator if at all possible.
    JW
    For overnight resets, LookAtMe and mReset. Set in LookAtMe to run mReset sometime in the middle of the night.

For clearing cache during normal times, there's a tool called dbache, has a program you can run to clear dbcache, or a da you can use if you use those. You have to have both installed to use the DA btw.

Not sure if this is the latest version, but:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...light=db+cache

If your Treo crashes when you run this, you'll need to look into RLock. You have some program not written well who isn't locking their database and the cache clear is clearing its database. I'd think most newer software is not going to have this problem anymore, but never know.
    There is also a free utility named MemInfo that allows you to free up your cache memory.
    Kenji