Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 96
  1. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoad View Post
    though its a bit laggy in sending/receiving messages. though less laggy than SMS from my experience, but more laggy than what I'm used to with regular AIM.

    also, it doesn't have one's entire buddy list. Just "Mobile Device" users (verichat has it beat here).
    Thank you thetoad, at least we now have a connection. However, I also get the same issue with only part of the buddy list showing.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  2. #42  
    also, it doesn't have one's entire buddy list. Just "Mobile Device" users (verichat has it beat here).
    If you don't have a buddy list named "Mobile Device" you have to create one in AOL IM and then add the buddies you want to see on your device into this group.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

    Catch me on Twitter

    Google+ Me
  3. estroh's Avatar
    Posts
    135 Posts
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    #43  
    Thats ridiculous. I will stick with Toccer.
  4. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet View Post
    If you don't have a buddy list named "Mobile Device" you have to create one in AOL IM and then add the buddies you want to see on your device into this group.
    So is this the way your 755p works?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  5.    #45  
    to be honest this app is really **** poor. They could at least spent a little more time & effort on this app! Well at least I have a cool icon that says "IM" on my 700
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    to be honest this app is really **** poor. They could at least spent a little more time & effort on this app! Well at least I have a cool icon that says "IM" on my 700
    Yes ... caue a cool icon is what we have all been waiting for !

    This has been a great read, reminding me of the old thread were the hacked the DUN
    da Gimp

    Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
  7. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    to be honest this app is really **** poor. They could at least spent a little more time & effort on this app! Well at least I have a cool icon that says "IM" on my 700
    I am not all that impressed with it as well. I might as well set up that mobile list and link my aol account to SMS. However, I am still not sure this app is as functual as toccer. But it sure is pretty
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  8. #48  
    Has anyone successfully used this on a Treo 650? I tried today and AIM gives me a password error.
  9. spotter's Avatar
    Posts
    316 Posts
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    #49  
    yes. read my posts. aim worked for me, the others didnt. But it's not that useful as doesn't work in background.
  10.    #50  
    what a joke!
  11.    #51  
    interesting now that I changed the server info & downoaded those files, AIM does work but Yahoo no longer works. Do you have to change the URL with Yahoo too? MSN still does not work.
  12. #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    interesting now that I changed the server info & downoaded those files, AIM does work but Yahoo no longer works. Do you have to change the URL with Yahoo too? MSN still does not work.
    How do you change the server info and which files are your referring to?
  13.    #53  
    go back to page 2 & download the zip file (only post with an attachment). Then you can see hidden setting that are now unhidden. You can alter server. Go to menu, global setting & you will see a new field revealed. Look on page 2 for the server settings as well. But I am getting error 103 with Windows & Yahoo messenger now...
  14. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #54  
    I just got a 755p today and this application blows. Why should I have to create another buddy list? It should see them all, but it does not. I want all of my contacts on there. dumb, just dumb.
  15. #55  
    Quote Originally Posted by hall316 View Post
    I just got a 755p today and this application blows. Why should I have to create another buddy list? It should see them all, but it does not. I want all of my contacts on there. dumb, just dumb.
    This is exactly how I felt when I first launched the IM app on my brand new 755p today.
    What a disappointment.


    Two words though: Toccer rules!
  16.    #56  
    I mean this is appalling. Did ANYONE even test this app?? This makes absolutely no sense to me. Palm is getting to the point where there really are no excuses left here. They are pathetic in every way
  17. ink883's Avatar
    Posts
    872 Posts
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    #57  
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    I mean this is appalling. Did ANYONE even test this app?? This makes absolutely no sense to me. Palm is getting to the point where there really are no excuses left here. They are pathetic in every way
    I am not sure this is a palm issue so much as it is a sprint issue. I think sprint got thumbspeed to write the app.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  18.    #58  
    true. I just thought if something. Since we can edit the server info, can't we just use the AIM or Yahoo server directly? Or can we program Verichat server info into this app??
  19. spotter's Avatar
    Posts
    316 Posts
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    #59  
    I'm guessing not. As I don't believe it speaks the IM protocol, and verichat probably has their own protocol.
  20. hall316's Avatar
    Posts
    333 Posts
    Global Posts
    334 Global Posts
    #60  
    when I launch ichat this morning I now have a new group called mobile devices. it has duplicate names in thee from my other categories. anyone know how I duplicate all of my names in there?
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions