Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    Thanks to ink883 for posting the PRC. Here's my experience thus far...

AIM: Error 503 (Server is temporarily unavailable)

MSN: Error 409 (Sign-in name does not exist or password is incorrect)

Yahoo: Signin works, but presence does not update (showing as offline when viewed from another account). Slow--takes a while for conversation threads to be received. Background alert works, though, which is cool.

To those with an actualy 755p: could it be that more than just the IM PRC was installed that may account for the improper functioning described above? Maybe it's just a flaky program.
    Thats the same experience i got. So perhaps there is more that needs to be installed.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    Thanks to ink883 for posting the PRC. Here's my experience thus far...

AIM: Error 503 (Server is temporarily unavailable)

MSN: Error 409 (Sign-in name does not exist or password is incorrect)

Yahoo: Signin works, but presence does not update (showing as offline when viewed from another account). Slow--takes a while for conversation threads to be received. Background alert works, though, which is cool.
    I am having the exact same problems here, running the IM program on my 700p.
    CGordonn
    SPCS Treo 700p
    Virginia Beach, VA but home will
    always be Honolulu, HI
  3.    #23  
    Well AIM & MSN do not work. by the way is windows messenger same as msn? I get a 503 error on AIM & Windows say wrong username or password. One thing is maybe there servers are not officially set up yet because the 755 has not officially launched yet. I also wonder if it somehow sees the prc file is attached to the wrong phone & will not work.
    Last edited by treoneo; 05/12/2007 at 11:49 PM.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by VaccPalm View Post
    How do I make the file unhidden.I hotsynced it to my treo 700P and it does not show up and I cant see it when I use filez. I tried putting it on the SD card but when I try to move it from the card to Ram it says it is already there . I can see the SD card version using Filez but it does not have a check box next to Hidden.
    The file should be in your internal memory, and it may be called "IM." Find the file with then click it (you should see a check mark), then click details, then click the Attrs tab, then uncheck hidden, then click save.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by treoneo View Post
    Well AIM & MSN do not work. by the way is windows messenger same as msn? I get a 503 error on AIM & Windows say wrong username or password. One thing is maybe there servers are not officially set up yet because the 755 has not officially launched yet. I also wonder if it somehow sees the prc file is attached to the wrong phone & will not work.
    I am was hoping the servers aren't up yet. However, JesseJ who has an actual 755 says that he was eventually able to get the AIM part working on his.

JesseJ could you (or anyone with a 755) post what version your official IM app is? Mine is 1.3.60.S
    The 755P version of the IM client is 1.3.60.S
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    JesseJstreet,
    Could you use FileZ and list all the files on your Treo that have the creator ID of "TSPI"?
    The IM app creates the following, but is there another one on yours?
    listsmsn
    store.bin
    Blazer Cookies
    Blazer Confirmed Cert
    listsyhoo
    settingsyhoo
    settingsmsn
    settingsaim
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    I wish Palm would just build a frikin IM program for the Palm OS into the phone already!! or buy one and make it more user friendly and bundle it!

Relizing the Treo 680 is the ONLY smartphone out there without an IM program bundled, really kicks my brain!!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
  9.    #29  
    then the im program must be able to read the version of Treo you are using when you connect to their server. so it sees it NOT a 755 & locks you out
    I just installed this on my 650, but I'm in Canada right now so no data for me. I'll give it a try tomorrow when I head back to the US and see what happens. Thanks ink883!
    The IM app creates the files I listed above, and looking at store.bin, tries to connect to the following sites:
    aim.imgateway.sprintpcs.oz-communications.com
    and
    yahoo.imgateway.sprintpcs.oz-communications.com
    neither of these show up in my dns records. They may show up in Sprint's DNS records if you connect via EVDO. I have a 650, so I can't test that.
    If someone is able to connect to the IM services, please look into your store.bin file (using FileZ or Resco Explorer) and see if those addresses are still the same. If they are, please try to find out what the IP addresses are of these servers. One way to do that is to use a ping application.
  12.    #32  
    where can it tell the servers what kind of Treo is trying to connect? that might be the issue.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    see

http://www.sprintusers.com/forum/arc.../t-101297.html

I tried editing the file by hand to not use the oz-communication part, but the app just reset itself.
    It has worked since I got the 755p last Monday, AIM, Yahoo, and Windows Messenger work fine. I think the problem lies in the 700p.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Here is an older version I found online, it lets you adjust the server URL and perhaps even the client ID. You will need to install all three files I believe.

However, i still get the same errors.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    the version ink883 posted works on my treo 650 for AIM when one adjusts the url per my message above

namely

http://aim.imgateway.sprintpcs.com
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    though its a bit laggy in sending/receiving messages. though less laggy than SMS from my experience, but more laggy than what I'm used to with regular AIM.

also, it doesn't have one's entire buddy list. Just "Mobile Device" users (verichat has it beat here).
    thetoad, how did you change the URL?
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    menu->settings->community->settings Server URL

Doesn't seem to work in the background for me.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    upgraded back to the 60s version (what I had from the beginning) and the url change seems to stick.

However, still doesn't seem to work "in the background" (namely app not running) for me on the 650. When I go back to the app, I get the "queued" up messages (albiet slowly).
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast