Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    I'm actually thinkg of registering UnCache as I really like how much it has sped up my 700p - even after the MR. Plus, $6 isn't much.
    So it doesn't mess up your default apps? Specifically the browser setting?
    Matty
    The only negative I've found I'd the browser default setting not being set. However, that doesn't affect how I use my 700p. I never highlight a link then launch the browser from it. Any links I launch from another app usually come from e-mail and I am able to launch those from within Chatter. Otherwise everything else works fine and speedy.
    Uncache is easy to uninstall, and I'm pretty sure it's in a README with the file or something.

Warm reset, delete two files, soft reset. Done.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I deleted the two files and it's still not active in defaults.

After I hot sync with my system at work tomorrow, I will hard reset and restore it less the two files.

Will post results..

I have also noticed a big improvement when using Uncache.. To bad the author dropped it.. Hasn't been updated in a long time.. looks like it's time for an update with it..

Cheers,
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    For some reason, Uncache is the only way I can keep EzRocker enabled after a soft reset. But there's a trade-off: if I click-and-hold to beam or send something via BT in Resco Explorer I get an error message. That doesn't happen with Uncache removed. Based on my experience dealing with Dmitry, I don't think he's concerned about it one bit, and as mentioned hasn't touched this app in some time. There was discussion about the Explorer error awhile back, but it obviously never got resolved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    I deleted the two files and it's still not active in defaults.

After I hot sync with my system at work tomorrow, I will hard reset and restore it less the two files.
    All you should have to do it warm reset it, remove the files and soft reset. That's how I get rid of it.
    Original Quote from wellsjs:
    Items I've put in "the list" (for Uncache to allow to pre-load during reset) are:
    AutoOff
    BluePill
    Butler
    Clock Wireless (Palmary Clock)
    FontSmoother
    OnCradleOn
    Resco Backup
    SkinUI
    ZLauncher
    Why do you have Butler and BluePill?
  9.    #89  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Why do you have Butler and BluePill?
    Because they need to load to run in the background.
    Lord, who will we go to? You have the words of eternal life. Jn 6:68 <><
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Originally posted by wellsjs:
    Because they need to load to run in the background.
    Ok, but Butler has a phone disable or remote lock feature that is similar to BluePill. Why do you use both? Is BluePill more secure. I know you can't delete it w/o having the security code of the system, is that it or is there another reason that both are needed.
  11.    #91  
    Butler basically does what BluePill does, but not as discretely. Therefore, it's possible for the person who has found/stolen your device to interrupt what Butler is about to do. With BluePill, the SD is wiped and as soon as you turn the device on you get a condition in which only a hard reset will get you out. Test it yourself, as I did. Backup your RAM and your SD card of course, and then send the full blown "kill" command. The device will just sit there. It doesn't respond as usual to an incoming text message (SMS). The message comes in in "stealth mode." The first time I tested it I thought nothing had happened, because from visuals, it did not appear anything had happened. But I was happy to discover that exactly what I wanted to happen, happened!

Butler sends a standard text message that lights up the device, and if you're quick enough, you can defeat the "kill." That's the difference between the two!

I use Butler for LED Control and KeyLauncher primarily.
    PDA "trail" > Sharp Wizard OZ-750 > Palm M100 > Visor Deluxe > Visor Prism > Sony T665C > Sony NX80V > Sony TH55(2) > Palm Treo 700p
    Global Posts
    634 Global Posts
    How about teallock? It also has a feature where you send a text and it will destroy all the data on your phone incase you get your treo stolen. Which one is better?
    My treo won't start after reset with zlauncher in uncache. If I remove it from uncache, the treo restarts just fine, if I disable uncache the treo starts just fine.

Anyone else with a problem with zlauncher and uncache playing together?
  14.    #94  
    No, haven't had that problem. You must have ZL in Uncache for it to load as default browser on reboot. You must have a corruption or another app conflicting somewhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    No, haven't had that problem. You must have ZL in Uncache for it to load as default browser on reboot. You must have a corruption or another app conflicting somewhere.
    Everything worked fine before installing ZL and adding it to uncache. I previously used launcherX with uncache and had no problems.
  16.    #96  
    You might try completely removing uncache. Then make sure reset and ZL work as they should, i.e. your phone/radio gets loaded properly without human intervention and the boot finishes with ZL loaded. Then install uncache again and make ZL the first thing you load in the exceptions (Add window). Let us know how that proceeds.
    Quote Originally Posted by wellsjs View Post
    You might try completely removing uncache. Then make sure reset and ZL work as they should, i.e. your phone/radio gets loaded properly without human intervention and the boot finishes with ZL loaded. Then install uncache again and make ZL the first thing you load in the exceptions (Add window). Let us know how that proceeds.
    As stated previously, the treo works fine after reset when I disable uncache, I don't see the need for removing it.

Now I'm trying megalauncher, and it does the same thing as ZL.
    When I use the soft reset app, I can tell it to launch my launcher after reset, that works fine every time, but when I use ZL's or ML's reset it doesn't come back.
    This is an old thread.

BFWIW- Uncache sped up my app switching on my Treo 755p.

$5.95 is a bargain for the frustration I have been having.

Enjoy!

-Mark-
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345