Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    According to Jeff, it has to do with the db access speed on the 700p. I don't see nearly the same annoying delay with other apps, so I'm not so sure. It doesn't yet run on the 755, so we don't know if that will be the same or not, but if it's fast on the 680, I'm really beginning to wonder what's going on.

Many other 700p users see the same delay, so it's not just mine. I may have to go back to square 1 with the absolute simplest profile to see if the delay is still there. If not, I'll gradually make changes to see if there is a particular type of setting which causes the delay.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Wow! I just installed UnCache on my 700p and the thing is now so fast that I'm worried it's going to melt. For far I've added:
    4cast
    Butler
    Chatter
    DialByPhoto
    Resco Explorer
    Initiate III
    KB LightsOff
    ResetDoctor
    RLock
    VolumeCare
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Wow! I just installed UnCache on my 700p and the thing is now so fast that I'm worried it's going to melt. For far I've added:
    4cast
    Butler
    Chatter
    DialByPhoto
    Resco Explorer
    Initiate III
    KB LightsOff
    ResetDoctor
    RLock
    VolumeCare
    Post-MR? My post-MR 700P is pretty zippy and reliable as it is but if UnCache can make it even more so, then I'd be interested. Thanks.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    Yes, this is post-MR. I was surprised how much quicker it made things and I'm sure I have the MR fully and properly installed.

My questions now are (a) do I have to remove an app from UnCache if I want to upgrade the app and (b) is anyone aware of backup/restore problems with UnCache? I saw some reports of this in another thread but they were over a year old IIRC. I have run a Resco Backup and verify w/o problem but haven't tested the restore yet.
    Does anyone know if UnCache plays nicely with BackupMan?
    TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboTiger View Post
    Does anyone know if UnCache plays nicely with BackupMan?
    TIA
    I haven't had any problems (that I'm aware of) between the two. I'm using a sprint 700P.
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    I haven't had any problems (that I'm aware of) between the two. I'm using a sprint 700P.
    Just to clarify shopharim,
    Have you selected BackupMan as one of the apps the be associated with Uncache?

TIA
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Yes.

For the record, I have not needed a restore in some time. I hope I'm not in for any surprises.
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I have also noticed performance increase and happiness with Uncach app and assigning;

Agendus Premier
    Resco backup
    Zlauncher
    Fontsmother
    WebPro
    Ptunes
    Kinoma
    PalmRevolt
    Teallock

It seems to play nicer with the update
    ============,,,================
    ===========(o o)===============
    =======oOO==(_)==OOo===========
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    Treo650- Sprint custom rom
    Tungsten T3 creative design.
    http://www.WilsonBradley.com
    http://www.myspace.com/wilsonbradley
    AOL screen name; WilsonIsON
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    ========ooooO==Ooooo==========
    =========( )===( )==========
    ==========\ (====) /===========
    ===========\_)==(_/============
    Quote Originally Posted by shopharim View Post
    Yes.

For the record, I have not needed a restore in some time. I hope I'm not in for any surprises.

Tks for the info shopharim.
    iPhone 4S
    Cigar Lover
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I did notice that some apps "forget" they are activated since using Uncach. I have to go into them at least once to get them working again.
    When I find an app that doesn't seem to be running, I add it in Uncach.

Anyone?
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    I did notice that some apps "forget" they are activated since using Uncach. I have to go into them at least once to get them working again.
    I haven't noticed this yet but will keep an eye out for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilsonb View Post
    When I find an app that doesn't seem to be running, I add it in Uncach.
    I have been doing the same. Since my post above yesterday, I have now added:
    FieldPlus Notify
    KeyCaps600
    PhoneTechnician
    So weblinks in Phone favorites work for you guys? It didn't work on my 650. For some reason, the default application "Web" will not show under default applications in Preference setting. Also, there is no way to choose it, even if I include "Web" in Uncache.
    Post MR. if you go to default apps, you will see that nothing is selected for default browser. you do not have tye option to select it either. I had to remove uncache to be able to select it again. if you don't you won't be able to get web links like in texts to work.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    Post MR. if you go to default apps, you will see that nothing is selected for default browser. you do not have tye option to select it either. I had to remove uncache to be able to select it again. if you don't you won't be able to get web links like in texts to work.
    I have this problem to. But had it even before using Uncache. Are you sure that is related?
    Last edited by Wilsonb; 06/14/2007 at 12:30 PM.
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    No I'm not sure about it. I couldn't get EAS to work, while Uncache was installed pre MR. That was fixed post MR. I just discovered the Prefs problem after.
    Matty
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    No I'm not sure about it. I couldn't get EAS to work, while Uncache was installed pre MR. That was fixed post MR. I just discovered the Prefs problem after.
    I just backed up and un-installed Unchache and it didn't bring back the selection to use Blazer as default we browser in native pref...
    I'm not sure what it is,... I don't think it's Uncache though..
    Tomorrow, I will hard reset and see if it shows up... anyone check next hard reset...

Thanks

Noticed; Uncache creator has it somewhere hard coded. I removed app and related files through zlauncher,. Restored only uncach and it still knows I only have 5 days left... anyone know the certain file that keeps that info..?

Thanks....
    Treo 755p ;-)
    Tre 700p UPdated..
    MSN; WilsonIsOn
    Yahoo; Wilson2bw
    I misunderstood your post. Yes, the problem is definitely Uncache. you have not totally deleted it, is why you still have the problem. Do a "system" reset, and the name of the file to finish deleting it out is Uncachext, or something along those lines. Then do a soft reset. that will totally delete Uncache, and restore your defaults.
    Matty
    Uncache by the way, is a ******* to get all of it deleted off. Let me know how it went.
    Matty
    After the MR, my Treo is super fast anyway. Uncache just made it run like lightning. Glad I didn't pay the 6 bucks for it though, since you can't use it. I'm using Rescoe Locker, it doesn't match Uncache, but it doesn't screwup the system either. Really, it's fast enough without either.
    Matty
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast