Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I walked into the Sprint store in Gurnee, IL. on 5/11/07 on a whim and there it was on display. Apparently, they had received their first shipment earlier that day.

I moved my service from my 700P to the new 755P with no problem. An interesting thing happened when the Sprint technician was moving my service to the new phone in-store. He explained that he was upgrading my "data service" on my 755P to support the higher mobile bandwidth speeds Sprint had recently rolled out. He mentioned that my 700P did not support this "maintenance release to the Sprint Vision service."

I took that to mean that I should be seeing even faster data speeds on my 755P than I did on my 700P. After using it for a few hours now, data speeds in Blazer are noticeably faster now. I'm not sure if this is because of the maintenance upgrade, or because it's a phone right out of the box - only time will tell.

I've only been using the phone for a few hours now, and will post more updates if needed!

Photos of my my new 755P are here:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/jessejstreet/

More info my experiences with the phone are on my blog here:
    http://www.treonybbles.com
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Congrats on the new device. Is it possible that Blazer appears faster due to bug fixes versus the data moving quicker? I didn't think Sprint had any higher speed networks that would be supported by the 755p.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    is it in the phone or are we gonna have to wait for a shadowmite programming fix?
    "Yet each man kills the thing he loves, from all let this be heard. Some do it with a bitter look, some with a flattering word. The coward does it with a kiss the brave man with the sword."
    -- Oscar Wilde
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Congrats on the new device. Is it possible that Blazer appears faster due to bug fixes versus the data moving quicker? I didn't think Sprint had any higher speed networks that would be supported by the 755p.
    Bug fixes or not, data speeds are noticeably much faster than my 700P here where I am a couple of hours north of Chicago.

It is a pleasant surprise. Only time will tell as I use it.

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan View Post
    is it in the phone or are we gonna have to wait for a shadowmite programming fix?
    Absolutely no problems with call duration on my 755P. Bluetooth works better using my Jabra JX10, speaker is louder without having to use VolumeCare.

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Does the phone lag? As of right now another user on my business account has a 755p that will be shipped out and arrive sometime midweek, when I called CS to get this done they changed the data package on that line which was a power vision but I wont complain since they moved it from $20 a month to $10 a month for that line.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    Does the phone lag? As of right now another user on my business account has a 755p that will be shipped out and arrive sometime midweek, when I called CS to get this done they changed the data package on that line which was a power vision but I wont complain since they moved it from $20 a month to $10 a month for that line.
    No. I see no lag whatsoever. Moving from application to application then back to the phone app is snappy. Take into account that I haven't loaded my core apps which include Chatter email, Kinoma, and a few others.

The only app I have loaded out of the box so far PdaNet- which doesn't work on my 755P.

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    How's the IM app - curious to know how it rates compared to other IM apps like verichat, etc.

Also, so you do confirm no button lag time between switching? Good, the older 700p's were horrible with this issue.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    How's the IM app - curious to know how it rates compared to other IM apps like verichat, etc.
    I've been playing with the IM app for about 20 or so minutes now:

(I'm currently a Mundu user and ex-Verichat user)

• Launching it the first time takes you to a website where you download the app to the 755P for free. A soft reset is required to fully install.
    • The look is very reminiscent of Verichat: clean interface with tabs at the top allowing you access to Yahoo Messenger and Live Messenger and you can move between all three while IM'ing
    • You show up as a 'mobile IM' user in other's chat window.
    • There is a 7 to 15 second lag between sent IM's (compared to 1-2 seconds in Mundu)
    • Adding a new buddy took uncomfortably long to show up in my 755P buddy list, I had to refresh the list for him to show up.
    • From what I can tell, there is no background notifications that an IM comes in. Once you re-enter the app, all of the posts that were sent to you come in one after the other. This can be inconvenient for chatty buddies!
    • When sitting in you buddy list window, there is only a sound alert when a new post comes in. There is no visual alert that I can see (like the flashing talk bubble in Mundu.)

Also, so you do confirm no button lag time between switching? Good, the older 700p's were horrible with this issue.
    Absolutely no button lag so far. Many of my apps are not loaded yet, though.

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet View Post
    I've been playing with the IM app for about 20 or so minutes now:

(I'm currently a Mundu user and ex-Verichat user)

• Launching it the first time takes you to a website where you download the app to the 755P for free. A soft reset is required to fully install.
    • The look is very reminiscent of Verichat: clean interface with tabs at the top allowing you access to Yahoo Messenger and Live Messenger and you can move between all three while IM'ing
    • You show up as a 'mobile IM' user in other's chat window.
    • There is a 7 to 15 second lag between sent IM's (compared to 1-2 seconds in Mundu)
    • Adding a new buddy took uncomfortably long to show up in my 755P buddy list, I had to refresh the list for him to show up.
    • From what I can tell, there is no background notifications that an IM comes in. Once you re-enter the app, all of the posts that were sent to you come in one after the other. This can be inconvenient for chatty buddies!
    • When sitting in you buddy list window, there is only a sound alert when a new post comes in. There is no visual alert that I can see (like the flashing talk bubble in Mundu.)

Absolutely no button lag so far. Many of my apps are not loaded yet, though.

Ok. That IM doesnt sound too good! Thanks!~
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    What about the skips or pauses when playing music...any such problems with the 755p as there are with the 700p?

Any random soft resets yet?

Does Chatter work okay on you 755p?

Battery life better or worse?

Also, what price did you pay?

Thanks
    Casey
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Thanks! I am not a big IM'er, so this should suffice for me on a casual basis. As long as it isnt buggy..any resets due to this?
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    What about the skips or pauses when playing music...any such problems with the 755p as there are with the 700p?
    I haven't had the opportunity to try this yet. That's next on my list...

Any random soft resets yet?
    Yes- mostly after the installation of ChatterEmail+ version 3.0.6.3. I have 3 mailboxes and one Exchange mailbox going. Most of the resets happened during the setup of these mailboxes. After finishing, it has been stable so far.

Does Chatter work okay on you 755p?
    Chatter is working. Also see note above.

Battery life better or worse?
    So far so good... still loading apps. Five hours after a full charge, and lots of fussing with it I'm at 58%. Not too bad.

Also, what price did you pay?
    Hmm... still in my Sprint plan so had to pay just over $500 with an upgrade discount, but it's company reimbursed

Thanks
    Casey

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    please report - after testing, chatter attachment download speed and after installing apps, any lags, resets, etc - thanks!
    Fred
    Cingular 680
  15.    #15  
    An update:

- I stand corrected: Treo's built in IM app does have background support. It uses the Treo's Alert manager to indicate you have a new IM. A small talk bubble next to your conversations also 'lights up'

- After a few soft resets when setting up, Chatter email is working fine with 3 email accounts and one Exchange email box.

-Kinoma EX requires a new key if you move the app to a new device. I'm still waiting for mine.

- Mundu IM 4.0 is NOT supported on the 755P. (yikes!)

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    does your AIM instant messaging working? I am getting a 503 server not found error on the public release Sprintim.prc (found here in one of the threads)

yahoo messaging works, but AIM isnt..
  17.    #17  
    AIM is working fine on the 755P version of IM. Mundu IM 4.0 does not seem to be sopported on the 755P.

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
  18.    #18  
    I can pretty much confirm that the skipping while playing music that plagued the 700P is non-existant on my 755P.

I have been playing music using PTunes while:

- Starting, using, and exiting Chatter with 3 mailboxes and 1 Exhange account online.

- Opening and using the built-in IM client.

- Using Blazer on a few data intensive websites.

- Browsing these forums and typing this message!

This makes me VERY happy.

I'd be happy to answer any other questions.

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet View Post
    I can pretty much confirm that the skipping while playing music that plagued the 700P is non-existant on my 755P.
    http://www.iheartpaws.com/forums/ima...oonaner2gy.gif Still sucks for us 700p owners thoughhttp://www.iheartpaws.com/forums/ima...ilies/2141.gif
    How is the signal or RF with the phone?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast