1. mjf
    I miss this feature big time from the 600.

Anyone know where I can find a utility to make the LED blink on a Sprint 700P when the phone/radio is turned on?

Thanks
    Palm Pilot Personal -->Palm Personal with 2MB upgrade-->Palm IIIe-->Palm IIIXe-->Palm VIIx-->Palm i705-->Treo 600-->Treo700p
    Is it possible to have the LED stop blinking red when there is no service?
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=LED
    You can use butler to turn the LED on or off
  6. mjf
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&highlight=LED
    Thanks-- this is exactly what I am looking for. However that thread says that it is for the 680 only.
    Palm Pilot Personal -->Palm Personal with 2MB upgrade-->Palm IIIe-->Palm IIIXe-->Palm VIIx-->Palm i705-->Treo 600-->Treo700p
  7. mjf
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    You can use butler to turn the LED on or off
    Thanks. Butler does offer some LED functions, but even the latest 4.09 version does NOT offer the ability to turn the LED on when the phone/radio is on. I am looking for something that will turn the LED on when the phone/radio is on for the Sprint 700P
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    I miss this feature big time from the 600.

Anyone know where I can find a utility to make the LED blink on a Sprint 700P when the phone/radio is turned on?

Thanks
    its called service led, gives the option of the speed you want it to blink. it says its for the 680, but it works on my 700. think I got it from mytreo.net or freewarepalm.com can't remeber which. I thought I was the only nut who missed this feature.
    I am so used to the LED flashing only for notification I think I would go nuts if it flashed off and on for service. I also look for anything that wouldn't draw more juice from an already meaker battery life with my routine daily use if the constant flash made a difference at all?
    at&t iPhone3G
    You can just set the default in butler to slow green and it will blink green when you have service and change to slow orange when you don't.. works for me
  11. mjf
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    You can just set the default in butler to slow green and it will blink green when you have service and change to slow orange when you don't.. works for me
    Thanks but Butler does not do this on my Sprint 700P. Setting default to slow green results in the Treo blinking slow green all the time-- with radio off, with radio on, with roaming, and with the Sprint Network. So glad it works for you, but it didn't for me.
  12. mjf
    Quote Originally Posted by yavapai View Post
    its called service led, gives the option of the speed you want it to blink. it says its for the 680, but it works on my 700. think I got it from mytreo.net or freewarepalm.com can't remeber which. I thought I was the only nut who missed this feature.
    Thanks much. ServiceLED is perfect and it does work on my 700P also. Hopefully will not be much battery drain as some users have reported. I don't use the phone much and keep the phone radio off most of the time. So I'm hoping the battery drain will be minimal if the radio is off (unless the program is polling even when the radio is off which might make the drain fairly constant).

Thanks to all
    Quote Originally Posted by mjf View Post
    Thanks much. ServiceLED is perfect and it does work on my 700P also. Hopefully will not be much battery drain as some users have reported. I don't use the phone much and keep the phone radio off most of the time. So I'm hoping the battery drain will be minimal if the radio is off (unless the program is polling even when the radio is off which might make the drain fairly constant).

Thanks to all
    I sold on it and installed ServiceLED last night and it killed my battery today. I usually can get two days with normal use out of a full charge but I ended today with 18% with little use...i will continue to use the app to confirm if it is the drainage culpetate even though I am sure it is.
    at&t iPhone3G
  14. mjf
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    I sold on it and installed ServiceLED last night and it killed my battery today. I usually can get two days with normal use out of a full charge but I ended today with 18% with little use...i will continue to use the app to confirm if it is the drainage culpetate even though I am sure it is.
    I had same issues with battery as almost everyone else on prior post re ServiceLED-- each time I enabled this program it sucked my battery dry-- 5-10% per hour. The program does exactly what I hoped otherwise; if it were not for the battery issue, it would be perfect. As is, it's just not worth it.

Thanks