Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have read these pages for the last few days and I can see that there are some that have had a good amount of problems with their Treo. I am looking to get a new phone as my current one is a Moto Rzr V3 with Verizion.

I have made up my mind that I want a Treo and for the first time, I want the Palm OS. I have had WinMo devices and I still have a PPC, however I am looking for something different and I think that Palm OS may be it. I want a phone primary and PDA secondary; the big thing is to be able to use the internet when I need to and that is the appeal a PDA Phone. I do intend to use a BT headset as I have grown quite fond of them. I will use it to text and maybe IM from time to time but not on a significant basis.

I was considering the 700p and started researching it, that is when I found out about the problems that have been had with it. So I dug further and started reading about the 700wx, people have had their share of problems there as well. Then I read about the 755p going on sale Monday and that it is supposed to fix the 700p's problems.

Now I am looking to leave Verizon as their data rates are outrageous, so I will be heading to Sprint. I guess what I am asking, being as I will be a completely new Treo user would the 755p be better or should I get the 700p and hope the MR takes care of the issues that it has had? Thank you for sharing your opinions with me.
    From what I understand, the 755p would be the "new 700p" and the clear choice if you are debating between the two.
    Go with the 755p.
    Quote Originally Posted by nardoae View Post
    I have read these pages for the last few days and I can see that there are some that have had a good amount of problems with their Treo. I am looking to get a new phone as my current one is a Moto Rzr V3 with Verizion.

I have made up my mind that I want a Treo and for the first time, I want the Palm OS. I have had WinMo devices and I still have a PPC, however I am looking for something different and I think that Palm OS may be it. I want a phone primary and PDA secondary; the big thing is to be able to use the internet when I need to and that is the appeal a PDA Phone. I do intend to use a BT headset as I have grown quite fond of them. I will use it to text and maybe IM from time to time but not on a significant basis.

I was considering the 700p and started researching it, that is when I found out about the problems that have been had with it. So I dug further and started reading about the 700wx, people have had their share of problems there as well. Then I read about the 755p going on sale Monday and that it is supposed to fix the 700p's problems.

Now I am looking to leave Verizon as their data rates are outrageous, so I will be heading to Sprint. I guess what I am asking, being as I will be a completely new Treo user would the 755p be better or should I get the 700p and hope the MR takes care of the issues that it has had? Thank you for sharing your opinions with me.

755p in a heartbeat!!! 279.00 for new service. Cheaper unlimited data. The 700p's will be cheap after Monday. I will probably give my wife the 700p and ebay her 650 (or maybe not, it's a good phone may keep it for a spare.)
    If you are budget contious, want to use an SDHC cards (up to 32gb), and have a concern about battery life get the 700p. It has better battery life than the 755, supports the SD standard which will give you more storage than the 755, and it'll be cheaper. The 755 isn't that much smaller (only .1" thinner) and you can get rid of the 700's antenna with a $20 aftermarket flush-mounted one.
  6.    #6  
    Thank you for the replies. I think I will end up with the 755p when it goes on sale Monday. It will be my return from Iraq present. Any advice for someone who has never used the Palm OS before or will it be easy to pick up and figure out?
    Very easy and intuitive. The designated hard keys are especially nice.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    be patient
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Get the 755. The 700p has been EOL'd (End of Life) and the 755 is their new palm OS flagship on the CDMA side. This with the fixes included in the 755 makes the choice pretty clear.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Take your time loading new apps...Treos are temperamental
  11.    #11  
    Thank you all for the responses. I just ordered the 755p and it is on its way to my home. I will probably end up only putting butler on it once I get it. Now I have to go and get some accessories for it.
    Better buy another battery
    I think once the MR comes out for the 700p, I don't see any benefit in getting the 755p besides the size. I'm not planning on buying MiniSD cards and find battery life to be one of the most important things. Other than that, almost everything is identical. Seems pointless for them to come out with the 755p.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    People need to realize that the 755p might have its own set of problems that will need a MR in the future for that the 700p doesn't have.

I just bought a 700p for cheap (less than $200) to replace my old 650. Advantage being, I don't have to resign my contract. Yes, for $80 more I could have gotten a 750p, but I'd be stuck w/ sprint for 2 years, even if for whatever reason I'm not happy with them, or move somewhere where they just don't provide service.

I'm happy enough with the purchase, it works well enough for me, and evdo speeds are amazing compared to the 2+ years I had the 650. Now, blazer sucks, its funny watching a speed test and have evdo rip through the 1MB file, only to have blazer just idle around at the end while it tries ot process everything.
    I would get the 700p. It has better battery life and storage capacity. Until they come up with 8gb memory I wouldn't look at the 755p. Need enough room for my Tomtom maps and music.
    Quote Originally Posted by nardoae View Post
    There is absolutely no reason what so ever to even consider getting a 700P at this point. The 755p is replacing the 700p. The 755p has basically the same guts as the 700p, but is sporting a much better form factor and updated software. Get the 755p. You will have the same feel from a software standpoint as the 700p, but with less bugs.

Greg
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoad View Post
    I'm happy enough with the purchase, it works well enough for me, and evdo speeds are amazing compared to the 2+ years I had the 650. Now, blazer sucks, its funny watching a speed test and have evdo rip through the 1MB file, only to have blazer just idle around at the end while it tries ot process everything.
    Yes, but you can bail out of just about any contract for under $200. Given that most of these PDA phones are about $600 retail and $300 or so with a contract with just about any carrier, it isn't much of a problem just bailing out and going with someone else. The end cost is about the same.
    Global Posts
    327 Global Posts
    right, but I paid under $200 for the 700p w/o a contract. In truth, if I wanted to sign a 2 year contract, I could pull this 700p off for free (get them to give me the 150 credit).
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thetoad View Post
    People need to realize that the 755p might have its own set of problems that will need a MR in the future for that the 700p doesn't have.

I just bought a 700p for cheap (less than $200) to replace my old 650. Advantage being, I don't have to resign my contract. Yes, for $80 more I could have gotten a 750p, but I'd be stuck w/ sprint for 2 years, even if for whatever reason I'm not happy with them, or move somewhere where they just don't provide service.

wow how did you manage to get that price? I've been thinking of upgrading to the 700p (Ugh on the 755p *spits*, 680 maybe if it was sprint) but they want 650 for me, and tell me None of the rebates or anything apply to me since I'm already a customer...

Hoooow? =)

P.S. Currently has 650.

Been thinking of just "losing/damaging" my treo, and getting a replacement of a 700p if they have no 650's left... I know.. I know.. EVIL thinking...
    If you're willing to sign a contract, you need to act. Call retentions. Tell them you're fed up with your 650 and the poor Sprint customer service (ranked the worst in the US) and you are going to Verizon if they don't provide you with an updated phone at a considerable discount. Now's the time to do it....they might have some 700P's around, and they are about to disappear.....do NOT take no for an answer, and if you don't get the right answer, call back and get another retentions person. They are the true power from the customer's standpoint.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast