1.    #1  
    I installed Java and Opera on my Treo 650 a while back. I ended up not liking Opera, so I uninstalled both. Now, I want to try TV2NITE and when I install Java, I get an error:

"Java program cannot run. Please ensure that Palmmidp20_22 is installed."

The files I installed for Java were:
    J9JavaVMMidp20.prc
    JavaVMCheck_enUS.prc
    pimop.prc
    PIMPrefs.prc
    j9secpol.prc

I installed them ALL to the handheld vice Card, and also installed TV2NITE to the card. If I try to run TV2NITE, I get the error message above. If I try to select the JAVA VM Icon, I get the abover error. If I try to select Java in the prefs, I get the message, followed by immediate reset. I've tried to reset before installing, after installing, before selecting Java, etc... (I must have reset about 2 billion times), no luck.

I'm running a Cingular GSM Treo 650 w/1Gig SD Card, and the programs I have installed are:
    myPalm Software (Card)
    Barcode (Card)
    Chatter (Handheld)
    CityID (Handheld)
    PalmaryClock (Card)
    Converter (Card)
    Dial by Photo (Handheld)
    Directory Assistant (Card)
    DST Updater (Can I delete this? It is on the card)
    Sporty's E6B (Card)
    Flight Status (Card)
    GetSportz (Handheld)
    GoogleMaps (Card)
    Real Dice Texas Hold 'Em (Card)
    LEDOff (Handheld)
    Minibar (Card)
    PdaNet (Card)
    QuickIM (Card)
    Ringo (Handheld)
    Sea War (Card)
    SharkPoint Dive Log (Card)
    Sudoku (Handheld)
    TreoMemo (Card)
    TreoWeather (Card)
    Zap (Card)
    Zlauncher (Handheld)
    Profiles (Handheld)
    KeyShades Hack (Handheld)

I have even gone so far as to use ZLauncher's file manager and delete every single possible java file off of the handheld, still no luck. Any suggestions?
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    I've always had to run Java stuff off the handheld.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    ^
    I think so too.

But, what I do is make the JAR or JAD file into a PRC. Then use Powerrun to move the app to card. That way, when the Java app runs, all the extra Java related files are stored in the Powerrun folder and not on the handheld. I only store the actually Java system files on my handheld.

When you run Java on the handheld, it will create so many J9 files it's not even funny. Lots of lost space there.
  4.    #4  
    I was just trying to install Java to the Handheld with the intent of moving to the card (as how it's instructed on this board) in the TV2NITE folder later on. However, I couldn't even get it installed on the handheld! Frustration level is high to say the least. Any suggestions?
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling View Post
    ^
    I think so too.

But, what I do is make the JAR or JAD file into a PRC. Then use Powerrun to move the app to card. That way, when the Java app runs, all the extra Java related files are stored in the Powerrun folder and not on the handheld. I only store the actually Java system files on my handheld.

When you run Java on the handheld, it will create so many J9 files it's not even funny. Lots of lost space there.
    This is just the solution I have been looking for so Opera doesn't take 5 minutes to load. Please explain how you make the PRC. Thanks!
    Visor->650->Pre