Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    anyone know if this dropped in the northern va / dc area?
    I checked one out today at the store in Manassas. The sales guy brought one out for me to look at but said the manager wouldn't let them sell it until Monday.

I told him other stores were selling them but it didn't matter.

At least it cuts down the impulse buy factor for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by scsanden View Post
    Can you give an example of what you multitask with the Q? I've never owned a Win Mobile and would like to know what I'm missing if I go for another Palm OS.
    Once launched, apps stay running in the background. Backing up or switching to a previously running app (where you left off) makes a big difference, to me, anyway.

BTW, with <24 hours with my 755p, I already know that I'll be returning it and re-activating my Q, or something else. My reasons:

-Sub-par performance: a few white screen lags when coming out of Blazer, slow data, a couple of resets so far
    -Can't push 'tasks' with my hosted Exchange account
    -I don't like the form factor -- too thick/heavy
    -Simply not worth the full price I paid. If it had been $199 or less, maybe I could have learned to tolerate it
    ...and another:

Touchscreen just 'un-calibated' itself! No new apps added, or any other changes -- I was trying to send a pic and every button I pressed either activated the adjacent one or didn't work at all. POS = POS
    Quote Originally Posted by hotdj View Post
    I checked one out today at the store in Manassas. The sales guy brought one out for me to look at but said the manager wouldn't let them sell it until Monday.

I told him other stores were selling them but it didn't matter.

At least it cuts down the impulse buy factor for me.
    i'll look at the spots on Rt. 1 in alexandria.
    Quote Originally Posted by stvz1 View Post
    lol...didn't scare me away... been busy playing with my new phone. Maybe one day all the rest of you can get one. BTW... check out the pic I posted.

thx
    alright new guy
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    YEY!
    I just picked up a blue 755p from my Sprint store.
    Paid full retail price of $579, but I think it is worth it.
    Now I just need to figure out how to get it to work with my Vista computer =[
    I just picked up mine at the Sprint Store in Fenton, MO at the Gravois Bluffs. Me and a coworker bought one and I was going to get one for my wife but she picked a razor instead. They had one left when we left the store an hour ago. Only blue. Now I can't do anything until my number is transfered from Verizon . He thinks they'll still do it tonight, but I have my doubts. Oh, I paid $379 and have to send in for the rebate. I had to sign up for the $25 internet package (includes Sprint TV and GPS Locater service which I can't get on the 755). I have to keep that package until I receive the rebate and then I can change it to the $15 package.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Sprint stores in NJ have them in stock. Just called a few.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    I just picked up mine at the Sprint Store in Fenton, MO at the Gravois Bluffs. Me and a coworker bought one and I was going to get one for my wife but she picked a razor instead. They had one left when we left the store an hour ago. Only blue. Now I can't do anything until my number is transfered from Verizon . He thinks they'll still do it tonight, but I have my doubts. Oh, I paid $379 and have to send in for the rebate. I had to sign up for the $25 internet package (includes Sprint TV and GPS Locater service which I can't get on the 755). I have to keep that package until I receive the rebate and then I can change it to the $15 package.
    They'll most likely have your # transferred by tonight. It doesn't take too long to do this. Congrats on your 755p.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmieGeddes View Post
    They'll most likely have your # transferred by tonight. It doesn't take too long to do this. Congrats on your 755p.
    Thanks! I sure wish they'd hurry. Now, I just did a hotsync to my 650 just the way it was. Had a reset and then most things are working. Don't know yet. Hope I got lucky. I can tell you that the pictures on the 755p seem much better than on the 650.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Thanks! I sure wish they'd hurry. Now, I just did a hotsync to my 650 just the way it was. Had a reset and then most things are working. Don't know yet. Hope I got lucky. I can tell you that the pictures on the 755p seem much better than on the 650.
    If you are impressed by pictures... wait till you get use to 3G :>
    Just waiting for the day my Pre has contacts grouping, and a "speed dial" for text messaging
    Yea, EV-DO is very nice I still can't get used to the 700p and 755p buttons. The 650 had the best button layout. I use LudusP on my 700p and 755p so I can make the buttons like they were on the 650.
    Jimmie Geddes
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123