Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by JesseJstreet View Post
    I also vote for setting up Versmail to cause the lag on the 700P. After doing a hard reset on my 700P and -avoiding- setting up Versamail (using Chatter instead) the lag dissappeared.
    But the crashes started

Just kidding, but for me when I deleted chatter and I have no crashes and very few rare lags using versamail.
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011
  2.    #22  
    Versamail's set up for exchange push. looks like I'm going to need to start installing 3rd party apps to get the lag. I've been banging away at it all weekend.

Heh. Maybe it's just that I'm used to windows mobile so 2 second lags are par for the course and I'm not noticing it.

Please keep giving me suggestions!
    if you can install SAG and get into PTunes, then switch apps...

yes the lag, also, but what about ptunes skipping?

hopefully Im not hijacking this but I tend to lump ptunes skipping in with lags.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Try Fontsmoother and 2Day. I've been using Versamail since I got the device and it's never caused a lag.
  5.    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    if you can install SAG and get into PTunes, then switch apps...

yes the lag, also, but what about ptunes skipping?

hopefully Im not hijacking this but I tend to lump ptunes skipping in with lags.
    Heh. getting ptunes to skip on the 700p *is* a piece of easy. on the 755p it's a bit tougher, but i can do it (especially if I access pictures on the miniSD card while playing music from the card). I'd say it skips on average about two thirds less so far. So it's much better, but it's still there occasionally
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    Heh. getting ptunes to skip on the 700p *is* a piece of easy. on the 755p it's a bit tougher, but i can do it (especially if I access pictures on the miniSD card while playing music from the card). I'd say it skips on average about two thirds less so far. So it's much better, but it's still there occasionally
    Heh....the palm guy in the phone interview in your podcast, was he just reading the blog? He used a lot of the same words (i.e. mitigating the problem...etc).

Oh, and they should really be calling it the 705p, no the 755p. the addition of 55 implies it's a more substantial upgrade like the 600->650.

Oh, and the last tidbit at the end about the hotsync client for Vista.....they still haven't gotten a universal version of hotsync for OS X, and the current version doesn't even sync properly (with categories and such).
    Last edited by Merlyn_3D; 05/16/2007 at 01:09 AM.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12