Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I usually try to do this with new devices and I can't believe I forgot with this one.

I'll have the 755p here for the next few days, probably at least until it's released generally. Ask a question, get an answer. I'll probably check this thread twice a day between now and, er, whenever the 755p is in the stores.

- Dieter

First response up. thanks to the other folks answering questions in this thread too.
    Last edited by Dieter Bohn; 05/14/2007 at 08:23 AM.
    Can you tell us how the battery life is? If you can describe what your usage is like (time spent on the phone, on the web, e-mail, etc.) and how long the battery lasts. I'm especially curious coming from a 650 with a 1800 mah battery. I've heard how horrible the 680's battery life is, but its battery is only 1200 mah and there are some software issues as well.
    What are the must have apps???

kthx
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    How does the IM app work? Does it rely on data or SMS? Or does an SMS 'wake-up' the program and then uses data?
    Does the Bluetooth actually work, especially with the Plantronics Voyager 510? I have to get a new phone anyway, having lost my 700p, and am waiting to make a decision based on BT functionality. Only a couple of the reviews I've read thus far even mention having tried Bluetooth, and I'd love some real-world feedback.
    Not sure if these are answerable but...

1) Does the 755p use the same SDIO driver as the 680 that allows for SDHC card over 4+ GB in capacity to work?

2) Is the tethered mode default enabled...and does this mean it is not hackable to use without PAM plan? Yeah I know you probably can't answer this

3) What is the BT performance as asked above

4) Do 700p accessories like the Palm OEM cradle work with the 755p?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic View Post
    Not sure if these are answerable but...

1) Does the 755p use the same SDIO driver as the 680 that allows for SDHC card over 4+ GB in capacity to work?

2) Is the tethered mode default enabled...and does this mean it is not hackable to use without PAM plan? Yeah I know you probably can't answer this

3) What is the BT performance as asked above

4) Do 700p accessories like the Palm OEM cradle work with the 755p?
    1-755p has miniSD, so no

2-Requires plan

4-Same Athena connector, and is compatible with 680 & 750 accessories.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    1-755p has miniSD, so no

2-Requires plan

4-Same Athena connector, and is compatible with 680 & 750 accessories.
    1) tx but still wonder if future 8GB+ mini-SD cards will work...main reason for question

2) that sucks! Hope pdanet, usbmodem still work though....

3) at least thats some good news...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    1) tx but still wonder if future 8GB+ mini-SD cards will work...main reason for question
    How can you support a technology that isnt available yet? But I am sure there will be a way to upgrade the 755p when that tech does become available!
    Is VersaMail improved other than the push capability?
    2) that sucks! Hope pdanet, usbmodem still work though....
    I don't see why it wouldn't. And if it didn't, I would assume they'd release a version that would be compatible.
    1. Are pics still received as a web link, or do they "arrive" on the phone (similar to how other Power Vision phones handle PictureMail -- like true MMS)?

2. I know that email, calendar & contact info from Outlook can be 'pushed' to Treos -- what about Tasks? Notes?
    PictureMail isnt a hardware or software issue as much as its a network issue.
  14. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    I'm mostly concerned about browsing speed. I come from a Treo 650, so I don't know firsthand how much things improved with the 700. But I'm curious how fast the connection is, and more importantly how fast Blazer actually lets you get to the content. I do DUN on my Treo and I find it's basically akin to a good dial-up connection when on my computer, but on the Treo it seems to take forever, which I blame on Blazer. If you don't have experience with the Treo650, can you give me a reference point relative to dial-up, using sites not designed for mobile devices? Thanks!

Edit: Also, can you comment on the battery life when you've been web surfing for a while?
    Last edited by PSM; 05/11/2007 at 01:58 PM.
    This is trivial, but, how does the NFL Mobile app look?
    Or Sprint TV?
    Is the speakerphone any good?

I have a 650, and no one can ever hear me when using my speaker phone.
    also, I noticed in one of the review videos (can't rememebr from where) that there seemed to be a print button in the SMS thread list. Does the 755 have a print driver (hopefully its bluetooth)?
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    also, I noticed in one of the review videos (can't rememebr from where) that there seemed to be a print button in the SMS thread list. Does the 755 have a print driver (hopefully its bluetooth)?
    The 700p's have the "print" button also. It connects you to the picture mail server (sprint) that you can order prints online, it doesnt let you connect to a printer and print them out.
    Speaker phone is good, not great. Similar to 750. Meaning it won't be of much use in the car.

BT DUN is like teh 680's. However much speedier. Havnet tried USB DUN, I don't keep a cable at home during the week (does trickle charge like the 680).

Battery life is better than the 750 and 680 (I use MS push all the time). I get a day easily. When doing BT talking on the phone at the end of teh day (about 2hrs of callings) I need to charge around 9pm. Web surfing isn't bad. I went a bit over 1hr one night, and that's only cause I could figure out that many sites I wanted to see. Battery was fine.

Stable. Nice and stable.

Web speed is fast. Responds better to teh EVDO connection than the 750 did to UTMS/HSDPA.

Didn't see NFL Mobile on mine. However I do Sprint TV a lot in the evenings. Kinda neat, though the clips are too short in some cases. Lots of pay-per-view content. But the stuff that comes with it isnt bad.

Exchange Activesync only does calendar, contacts and email.

Neat detail, the charging LED is the same grey color as the metal. The color is a bit softer than on my 680.

Pictures from cam are clearer, vids have grain effects but work fine. Color balance is quick, but slightly cool.

That should help septimus with some of the questions
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    how'd you get yours antoine?
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast