Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    i know you got a lot of questions about IM but here's mine:

Is AIM like AIM mobile for crappy cellphone browsers? because for my that only shows one buddy being online, which is dumb. also, you said it uses sms, is there a way to use only data? or do you know how often it uses sms? because if it only uses sms when you're out of the app, you can just log off right? if you don't have unlimited sms?

another question isn't really specific to 755p, but how is the internet browser? are there limitations like not being able to watch flash videos like on youtube?
    another question isn't really specific to 755p, but how is the internet browser? are there limitations like not being able to watch flash videos like on youtube?
    No Flash support at all. Therefore no YouTube or annoying Flash ads. If the site is designed right, you'd get some alternative content, but who does smart things like that
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I use Kinoma and mobetube.com to view YouTube content.

As far as simple Java or Flash stuff, I guess I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Antoine and Septimus,

Thanks for all your answers, testing, and time!
    :-)
    Anyone try conference calling on 755? Do you have more options than on 700P? Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    Since Blazer has not changed, I am assuming that the 2MB download limit still exists. Can you now download a file larger than 2MB from a web page? Can anyone verify this?

Anyone find the answer to this? Can you download a file larger than 2MB within a web page in Blazer on the 755p?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    I thought someone answered this already. That limit was gone in the 700p I believe... I know I've downloaded 5MB files on my 700p.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by treoKing View Post
    Anyone try conference calling on 755? Do you have more options than on 700P? Thanks.
    Yeah, I wanna know if you can hang up on a specific party and go back to just one-on-one! And it would be nice if you can mute one party!
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    Anyone find the answer to this? Can you download a file larger than 2MB within a web page in Blazer on the 755p?
    Yes- you can download files much larger than 2MB on the 755P.
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    This is trivial, but, how does the NFL Mobile app look?
    Or Sprint TV?
    where can i find nfl mobile???
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Yeah, I wanna know if you can hang up on a specific party and go back to just one-on-one! And it would be nice if you can mute one party!
    I am wondering the same thing...anyone????
    Is clearing the Blaze cache still sloooww?
    Quote Originally Posted by egn View Post
    Is clearing the Blaze cache still sloooww?
    I don't know how slow it was for you, but I just did it (although there wasn't much there) and it was really quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by enynite View Post
    I am wondering the same thing...anyone????
    This is really strange.

I just asked my girlfriend about this. She said that, when I called her while she was on the phone with her cousin, chose the "swap" option, told me she was busy, she chose "swap," again, and I hung up.

But her screen still had both callers showing. While this was the case, another call came through, which confirmed that "my" line had been vacated (only because I hung up, though, I'm sure; it should let either caller hang up).

By the way, we both have 755P's.

Now, here's where it gets REALLY weird:

Experiment #1: If I remember correctly, she called me from her work AND mobile phones and I swapped between them successfully. When I hung up on her work phone (by pressing "hang up all") it appeared, to me, that both calls ended. 5-7 seconds later, though, my phone rang as if she were calling me from her mobile. Turns out, she DIDN'T call me. The call just rang back, automatically without either of us doing anything. In fact, while the calls appeared to have both ended, according to my 755P's screen, her 755P's screen continued to look as if the call was active... then it rang and I was on the line (mistakenly thinking she'd just called me).

Experiment #2: We tried it other way. She called from both phones, then I hung up on the mobile line, this time. Initially, this experiment seemed to yield the same results as the previous one. Both calls seemed to have ended. After waiting over 15 seconds, though, nothing happened. Both calls seemed to have been terminated. A little while later, she called. Literally. She called me back because she wasn't sure what to do and the calls had terminated on her end, as well.

Experiment #1 duplicated: We duplicated the original experiment, again. She called my 755P from her work phone and from her 755P. This time, I hung up on the work line and both calls seemed to have terminated (on my end). On her end, the work call ended, but the 755P line seemed to remain active, though silent. 5-7 seconds later, both of our phones rang. Mine appeared to be receiving a brand new call from her, while hers never showed that our previous call had ended.

Freaky. I don't know if this is a cell phone thing, a Sprint thing, or a 755P thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    This is really strange.

I just asked my girlfriend about this. She said that, when I called her while she was on the phone with her cousin, chose the "swap" option, told me she was busy, she chose "swap," again, and I hung up.

But her screen still had both callers showing. While this was the case, another call came through, which confirmed that "my" line had been vacated (only because I hung up, though, I'm sure; it should let either caller hang up).

By the way, we both have 755P's.
    This is how it works. By the way your land line also works this way. If you swap to another call and the 1st caller doesn't hang up, the line stays active.
    It's a Sprint thing, or a CDMA thing rather. It's been discussed since the Treo 600 or 300 or however far back they go.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    This is how it works. By the way your land line also works this way. If you swap to another call and the 1st caller doesn't hang up, the line stays active.
    It's the call-backs that I found weird.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaggrey View Post
    It's a Sprint thing, or a CDMA thing rather. It's been discussed since the Treo 600 or 300 or however far back they go.
    wow

I had my 650 for 2 and a half years and I never experienced this.
    Im not sure if they still do, but landlines would call you back also. As kids we thought it was funnny to stay on the line and wait for it to call them back whenever they finally hung up from the other caller.
    Hello all, I've had my 755 for a few days or so, and I've noticed that when I'm using the phone the blue EVDO signals (The Blue Square with the white triangles in it) half of it on the right side blinks on and off only while I'm using the phone, has anyone noticed that on theirs ?

Thanks
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast