Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Thanks, Septimus!
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Have you actually been able to sign into AIM or MSN? Do you get alerts while in another app? WHat happens when a phone call comes in?
    Quote Originally Posted by septimus View Post
    You do get alerts in other apps, but as I said it's terminally slow for some reason. When a call comes in, hm. I'll test that today. that's a good question. My guess is that it won't work especially well, as it uses data for sure (and may be a hybrid), so it can't do both at the same time.
    Does that mean you have been able to sign into AIM and MSN (as opposed to whatever other options there may be)?

Just wanted to be sure since more than one reviewer has specified problems with both (AIM and MSN) i.m. clients (I hope that's the right word).

Many thanks.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Does that mean you have been able to sign into AIM and MSN (as opposed to whatever other options there may be)?

Just wanted to be sure since more than one reviewer has specified problems with both (AIM and MSN) i.m. clients (I hope that's the right word).

Many thanks.
    I was able to sign into AIM, Yahoo, and MSN without any issues. But as I said, I'm disappointed with the IM app - it's passable when you're in the app, not good when you're out of it.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Septimus, thanks for taking some time to answer everyones questions today.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    yes, I know this is probably cross posting, but does Softick Audio Gateway work?
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Since my review unit is about to go back, here is one of my last 'tests:'
    battery life with just BT DUN (no other use, battery started at 100%): just under 3hrs 50min before low battery warning.

I cannot speak for most of you, but my Treo 650 with the 1800 battery could NOT do that. It's not an one time occurance either. I've been BT DUNing this 755p since getting it, its fast and works a nice long time. I WISH my 680 had battery life under BT DUN this well.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
  7. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    Since my review unit is about to go back, here is one of my last 'tests:'
    battery life with just BT DUN (no other use, battery started at 100%): just under 3hrs 50min before low battery warning.
    Thanks so much for doing this. DUN is a huge deal for me, and the comparison to the 650 is very helpful for me.

Sort-of-off-topic question about DUN on the 755 (and maybe 700 for that matter): I have the hacked Verizon file on my 650 and have to manually select DUN whenever I want to use it, and turn it off before accessing data from the phone. Is this still the way it works on the newer phones, or does it seamlessly transfer to DUN when the computer tries to connect?
    DUN is seemless, at least BT DUN is. I like it that way honestly, much less to configure and think about.

DUN is seemless, at least BT DUN is. I like it that way honestly, much less to configure and think about.
    Antoine - do you get charged for data fees? I have been using pdanet, but am sick of paying for upgrade fees.
  10. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Cool. I can't wait for that. That should be the beauty of BT DUN, the phone should stay in my pocket and never have to be touched.
    Are sms included in the 15.00 unlimited plan with sprint and the 755p? My buddy stopped at 2 stores and they are telling him different things he doesn't want overages.
    Tritan

May the Pda be with you!!
    Quote Originally Posted by tritan View Post
    Are sms included in the 15.00 unlimited plan with sprint and the 755p? My buddy stopped at 2 stores and they are telling him different things he doesn't want overages.
    I think it's 15.
    But I am not sure.
    I am special, I have unlimited texting for $10 =D
    Quote Originally Posted by herofromsomeday View Post
    I think it's 15.
    But I am not sure.
    I am special, I have unlimited texting for $10 =D
    Yes , I know the price for the unlimited data is 15 my friend has the 700p and that is what he is getting charged . Just this month he started playing with the sms messenger on the device. Is that the same as the 755p IM program? Is there an extra charge if I get a 755p and he has his 700p will be both be charged above and beyond the 15.00 unlimited data plan?
    Tritan

Since Blazer has not changed, I am assuming that the 2MB download limit still exists. Can you now download a file larger than 2MB from a web page? Can anyone verify this?
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    If you are talking about the $15 unlimited data plan, no sms is included. SMS unlimited plan is $15 as well, or $5 for 300, or $10 for 1000.
    Quote Originally Posted by gene View Post
    Antoine - do you get charged for data fees? I have been using pdanet, but am sick of paying for upgrade fees.
    I am not a Sprint customer, the review unit came with an account that I've used 'liberally' to make sure that I got enough of teh device to review abouts. There is a data fee with Sprint, last I remember readign it was $15 for vision, plus $5 or $10 for connecting the phone to your desktop for DUN. Considering how its built into teh device, PDANetdoesn't seem to be needed.

Shoot, forgot to check that download size piece. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumble View Post
    If you are talking about the $15 unlimited data plan, no sms is included. SMS unlimited plan is $15 as well, or $5 for 300, or $10 for 1000.
    If you use the IM program is that considered sms or internet usage? I don't understand how the 755 recognizes the different for sending a sms vs email.
    Tritan

If you use the IM program is that considered sms or internet usage? I don't understand how the 755 recognizes the different for sending a sms vs email.
    SMS is sent via the phone and does not require data. Email is sent using data.
    I am not a Sprint customer, the review unit came with an account that I've used 'liberally' to make sure that I got enough of teh device to review abouts. There is a data fee with Sprint, last I remember readign it was $15 for vision, plus $5 or $10 for connecting the phone to your desktop for DUN. Considering how its built into teh device, PDANetdoesn't seem to be needed.

Shoot, forgot to check that download size piece. Sorry.
    Your right the cheapest vision plan is $15 right now. But if you want to use the PAM you need a PAM plan which is $39 a month. PDA net lets you get around paying for PAM plan and lets you use your vision plan as a PAM plan which of course is a violation of user agreemnt..
    Quote Originally Posted by AndrewAz View Post
    SMS is sent via the phone and does not require data. Email is sent using data.

so if it uses the phone you need an add on plan?
    Tritan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast