Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Visit www.mobilevoicecontrol.com This app really rocks like the reviews said!!! no need to upgrade from my 700p now!!!!
    It is a bit confusing, but I think it only works with Sprint. And of course, the reviews on the website "rock." Might want to check out the reviews on Handango:

http://www.handango.com/ProductRevie...oductId=180046
    Does it work with Goodlink? I know previous voice dial systems don't because it is a different contact database than the standard palm db.
    Palm Professional -> Palm III-> Sprint Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Sprint Handspring Treo 300 -> Sprint Handspring Treo 600 -> Sprint Treo 650 -> Sprint Treo 700p
    I had this program a couple months ago. It took a long time for the action to be completed. The only thing it was useful for was sending emails without having to type anything. I was using it on a 650, so that may have been the reason for the delay. Good program overall. Got rid of it because of limted space on my Treo.
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I feel $6 a month is a bit too much for this feature. Even the new 755 will have to pay that to use the feature after the demo. To me a feature is not something that you have to pay monthly for.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    I agree with the previous comment. I'm trying the demo now. It's very cool, but not $6/month worth of cool.
    Thanks for the heads up.

Gave it a try on my 700p and was pretty impressed. Obviously voice independent recognition is not perfect but I found the short email capability worked almost like magic. For one handed calling, contact look up and short emails I think its entirely functional. IF the 700P maintenance release cuts down the lag between apps I think this may be a keeper.

However, another consideration is that this is a subscription service at $6 per month after the trial. $72 dollars a year for a software app? I generally stay away from subscription software like the plague. I wonder, since they connect and drive traffic to certain websites whether an ad supported version might be feasible or if they would offer a full license. It's impressive software and the developers are to be commended for cramming this functionality into a fairly slim footprint, but it ultimately is many times the price of any other standalone package that sits on my Treo.

FYI, Here is what it can presently do:

Place phone calls by name:
    “Call: Jim Johnson on Mobile ”

Place phone calls by number:
    “Dial: 513-555-1212"

Calendar:
    “Add Appointment: Dental Appointment Date: June 10, 2005 Time: 3:00 PM"

Short Emails:*
    “Send Email To: Jim Johnson Subject: Business Body: I'm going to be late.
    Start meeting without me.”

*Email and Calendar text is limited to 20 words.

Yellow Pages:
    "Find Business: Starbucks Zip Code: 45249"

Search Web:
    "Search Web: Population of Arkansas"

New! Top News Stories:
    "Top Stories"

View Web Pages:
    “Go to Website: Google.com”

Check the Weather Forecast:
    “Weather: 10000”

Stock Quotes:
    “Stock Quotes: S”

Look up Sport Scores:
    “Sports: Major League Baseball”

Show Contact Information:
    "Show Contact: Jim Johnson"

View Movie Times:
    "Find Movie: King Kong Zip Code: 45140"
    Why is this a monthly fee App? Voice recognition apps exist nowadays that should be able to do ALL of this! All this program does is recognize a command via voice...it doesnt need to query the internet to dial my contacts or launch the browser (to access the internet that I already pay a monthly fee for). I was excited but that monthly fee will have me passing on this one!
    Yeah.. just tried this. Seems cool. Not sure if it is worth paying $6/month though. The Voicesignal app is a one time fee.

It seems like the email/web integration is better, but contacts and dialing are about the same as VoiceSignal. This app is slower, but is more accurate then the voice signal app.
    I'll pass like Dale Jr. did on DEI!!
    Is it possible to send voice commands over bluetooth headset?
    Also it uses your data plan to send your voice to a nuscane server to decode.
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I'll stick with voice dial...monthly charge???? stupid!
    --------------------------------------------------------------
    noodlelest wet noodler
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshb View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.

Gave it a try on my 700p and was pretty impressed. Obviously voice independent recognition is not perfect but I found the short email capability worked almost like magic. For one handed calling, contact look up and short emails I think its entirely functional. IF the 700P maintenance release cuts down the lag between apps I think this may be a keeper.

However, another consideration is that this is a subscription service at $6 per month after the trial. $72 dollars a year for a software app? I generally stay away from subscription software like the plague. I wonder, since they connect and drive traffic to certain websites whether an ad supported version might be feasible or if they would offer a full license. It's impressive software and the developers are to be commended for cramming this functionality into a fairly slim footprint, but it ultimately is many times the price of any other standalone package that sits on my Treo.

Calendar:

Yellow Pages:

Search Web:

New! Top News Stories:
    "Top Stories"

View Web Pages:

Stock Quotes:

Look up Sport Scores:

View Movie Times:

I find the application slow, tried to have it go to treocentral.com and it failed everytime. One time fee probably would purchase it.
    It doesn't work with bluetooth. You can use it do dial a number using the regular Treo Mic. Then when the call is connected, it automatically connects bluetooth for the call. Same as the other voicedial apps.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    garbage.

a $6 monthly fee for an application i see people with on their windows phones for free.
    I have been unable to get this app. When I go to www.mobilevoicecontrol.com on my Treo there is no link to download the program. Can anyone post the prc?
    Laissez Faire
    Didn't work at all for me. Every time I'd try to use it it'd just go to the registration page. Boo!
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Quote Originally Posted by weisshb View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.

Calendar:

Yellow Pages:

Search Web:

New! Top News Stories:
    "Top Stories"

View Web Pages:

Stock Quotes:

Look up Sport Scores:

View Movie Times:
    Hello fellow Cincinnatian!

Also does it work with text msgs?

Thanks!
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by ready2rollru View Post
    Visit www.mobilevoicecontrol.com This app really rocks like the reviews said!!! no need to upgrade from my 700p now!!!!
    Interesting first post. Gee, wonder who h/she works for?
    Global Posts
    168 Global Posts
    Well, as I posted above, I installed the 3 day trial, pretty cool, but not worth $6/month. My trial expired today and I deleted it. I decided to try the Voice Dial demo. It's only a $20 one time fee, and much faster. It won't fill in the subject and a short message (email and text messages) like voice control, but otherwise It's much better. Unlike Voice Control, it will prompt you for clarification if it doesn't understand the command instead of failing after several seconds. I'm about 95% sure I'll buying it before the 14 day trial expires.

The irony - If voice control had been less than $40 (one time fee) I probably would have bought it just for the cool factor and not even tried Voice Dial. Thanks to their greed, I get something better for half the price I was willing to pay! Check out Voice Dial!
    Last edited by qwalls; 05/14/2007 at 02:58 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast