Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1.    #1  
    Hi,

    I'm glad to introduce my latest tool for Treo: CallerInfo.

    What is it?
    ----------
    CallerInfo displays different fields (like company, address or one of the custom fields) from your address book entry on top of the standard incoming call dialog.
    Select up to 5 different fields to shuffle.
    Additional CallerInfo presents you with an after-call screen with 5 configurable buttons to create new appointment, a new contact, a note, a task, an email or send a SMS.

    See http://www.metaviewsoft.de/wordpress for more.

    Regards
    Henk
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  2. #2  
    Is it free?
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

    NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

    Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  3. Brjlk's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Hi,

    I'm glad to introduce my latest tool for Treo: CallerInfo.

    What is it?
    ----------
    CallerInfo displays different fields (like company, address or one of the custom fields) from your address book entry on top of the standard incoming call dialog.
    Select up to 5 different fields to shuffle.
    Additional CallerInfo presents you with an after-call screen with 5 configurable buttons to create new appointment, a new contact, a note, a task, an email or send a SMS.

    See http://www.metaviewsoft.de/wordpress for more.

    Regards
    Henk
    Hi,
    CallerInfo reminds me of YourCall which allows you to create an a new appointment, new contact etc.
    But what is missing in YourCall & CallerInfo is the ability to create an appointment DURING the call (arrange with caller for the date &time of appointment).

    Is that not possible to implement in CallerInfo?

    So what I was expecting from CallerInfo given YourCall exist is:-
    1) Ability to launch the PIM of choice (Agendus instead of Built-in calendar, for example)
    2) Ability to launch the add new meeting, new contact etc CallerInfo screen on demand by pressing an assigned button online.
    3) Ability to select format of contact to enter into the PIM. For instance, if I enter John Doe and Doe, John as contact for an appointment, it is not the same thing. Agendus will not recognize the 2 names as a same person in the contact history.

    John
  4.    #4  
    Of course, the after-call stuff reminds on YourCall. But CallerInfo also enhances the incoming-call screen. CallerInfo works using the standard PIM-exchange formats. When Agendus registers itself as a receiver of this formats, you will create the appointment in Agendus instead of the build-in calendar. Future versions will allow to specify what to enter per defualt as new appointment as well as what to store into the system clipboard for Paste.

    No, it will be not free.

    Regards
    Henk
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  5. Brjlk's Avatar
    Posts
    112 Posts
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    When Agendus registers itself as a receiver of this formats, you will create the appointment in Agendus instead of the build-in calendar.
    Henk
    How to make Agendus register itself as a receiver of this format?

    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Future versions will allow to specify what to enter per defualt as new appointment as well as what to store into the system clipboard for Paste.
    Henk
    Interesting

    If I understand well, CallerInfo will remain as an AfterCall app. not an Online call utility?

    John
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Brjlk View Post
    How to make Agendus register itself as a receiver of this format?
    Very good question. I don't know. But I'll have a look.

    If I understand well, CallerInfo will remain as an AfterCall app. not an Online call utility?
    It's at least intended, yes. But the call infos will be available in the clipboard already during the call.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  7. #7  
    Where can I see some screen shots? Sounds like a good app to have if it doesn't slow down the system too much. Does it hook hede?

    I am interested in the incall caller info, it would be nice to see additional info other than the caller's name.
  8.    #8  
    Here is the screenshot. CallerInfo doesn't need system notifications. There should be no slow-down at all. The AfterCall-screen btw. closes after 10 secs, a button press which would start another app or a tap outside the screen.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  9. akula34's Avatar
    Posts
    655 Posts
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    #9  
    This is a ripoff program. TreoStar was the first program to do this. You my friend, are way too late and trying to steal someone else's intellectual property.
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by akula34 View Post
    This is a ripoff program. TreoStar was the first program to do this. You my friend, are way too late and trying to steal someone else's intellectual property.
    Wow. came down pretty hard there. And on your own friend!
  11. #11  
    I think they do different things right?

    Treostar displays info once you are in a call, and I am assuming Callinfo displays information as the phone is ringing?
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling View Post
    I think they do different things right?

    Treostar displays info once you are in a call, and I am assuming Callinfo displays information as the phone is ringing?
    Correct, CallerInfo shows the infos when the phone is ringing. When I'm in the call I have the screen on my ears. Don't have a need for additional infos then.
    I don't know Treostar, but even if the apps would be similar in some features - that's life, Benz build the first car but there are a few more car-building companies in the world now.

    BTW: It seems there were problems with the 650 at least. I hope I could fix it but still wait for a response. I will give you a note when it's online. Would be cool if I could get some reports from 700p and 600 users.

    Regards
    Henk
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  13.    #13  
    The version with the fixes for Treo 650 is online. Please report back.

    Regards,
    Henk
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
  14.    #14  
    1.0 is released now.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro

Posting Permissions