View Poll Results: Does the Treo 755p deserve to have its own forum?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the 755p is unique enough and should have it's own separate forum

34 45.95%
  • No the damn thing is the same thing as the 700p and should be merged with the 700p forum

40 54.05%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seriously, Just wondering how many people here think the 755p forum should just be merged with the 700p forum? Its the same damn phone with miniSD slot and no antenna? Does that really deserve it to have it's own forum here on TC?!! I SAY NO!!!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I have a 700wx and a 750. They are subtly different. Probably true for the 700p and 755p too.

And the 750 isn't subtly better, either. Like you're on a phone call and want to invoke speakerphone.... But I digress.
    On the surface they appear to be virtually the same device but I think we need to see them in the wild for a bit to really know if there is enough difference to warrant separate forums.
    I say yes because it has cool colors over the 700
    I say yes due to the form factor and miniSD! Speaking of which, why isnt the 755p forum on top of the 750 forum? If we are doing things numerically, then it should be on top under the Generic forum! Moderators....are you listening (reading)?
    Yes, the 755p deserves it's own forum ... but not on this site because of the many biased & pissed-off 700p owners!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Speaking of which, why isnt the 755p forum on top of the 750 forum? If we are doing things numerically, then it should be on top under the Generic forum! Moderators....are you listening (reading)?
    I agree. This breaks the pattern for us complusive types, and most of us must be a little compulsive being this involved with mobile phones. I need constants in my life. Please get the forums into numerical order.
    I think if Cross rom flashing (755p flash into 700p) is possible then the boards can be merged
    What I think is ridiculous are all the different headings on a phone that hasn't even hit the market yet. Everyone is talking about nothing and the 700 owners seemed to just be pissed off because this new phone isn't much of an upgrade. The 700 owners should just be happy that they've had a year of broadband speeds while us 650 owners had to wait until out contracts ran out and now we have another choice like they had the choice of the 650 or 700. In other words, yes, it deserves it's own place on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    I think if Cross rom flashing (755p flash into 700p) is possible then the boards can be merged
    Last edited by RickMG; 05/11/2007 at 04:36 PM.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    It definitely deserves its own forum.
    Jimmie Geddes
    And it deserves to be placed on top of the 750 forum...MODERATORS, please!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    And it deserves to be placed on top of the 750 forum...MODERATORS, please!!!!
    do it already so he shuts up !!
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    What I think is rediculous are all the different headings on a phone that hasn't even hit the market yet. Everyone is talking about nothing and the 700 owners seemed to just be pissed off because this new phone isn't much of an upgrade. The 700 owners should just be happy that they've had a year of broadband speeds while us 650 owners had to wait until out contracts ran out and now we have another choice like they had the choice of the 650 or 700. In other words, yes, it deserves it's own place on this forum.

oohhhh ... a 650 owner fighting back .... don;t be so 'mad'.
    da Gimp

Im think we need to wait tillthe MR release comes out ... then we'll see if there really the same phone or it the 700p is still all messed up

(ps no idea why i replied to this post three times - sorry)
    da Gimp

Some people like order...just like some people like spelling words correctly!
    ouch ....
    da Gimp

Just a friendly response...!
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    oohhhh ... a 650 owner fighting back .... don;t be so 'mad'.

Oh, and I changed my spelling of ridiculous.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Better to keep the miniSD folks away from the regular SD folks lest they confuse each other.
    and the threads are still out of order.....

ridiculous, never seem to spell that one right, that's a hard word.
    da Gimp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast