1.    #1  
    Can someone test out the signal difference?
    In the video review (halfway down page) he says there is no difference between the two.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/hands-on/...aps-258851.php
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic, but I have a 650 and want a 755p. My 650 works great at home (NYC) but I have worked the last couple summers in a suburban environment with sketchy coverage (0-2 bars, if bars ever mean anything). I'd love to hear people's experiences with the 755p in areas where their previous Treo (ideally 650) has trouble making a call. Thanks!
    I have the same amount of bars on both the 700p and 755p. I thought that the 700p would be picking up a stronger signal due to its external antenna, but they're the same.
    Jimmie Geddes
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by PSM View Post
    Sorry if this is somewhat off-topic, but I have a 650 and want a 755p. My 650 works great at home (NYC) but I have worked the last couple summers in a suburban environment with sketchy coverage (0-2 bars, if bars ever mean anything). I'd love to hear people's experiences with the 755p in areas where their previous Treo (ideally 650) has trouble making a call. Thanks!
    Yes.. comparison of the phones in the basement would be great..
    Quote Originally Posted by kocoman View Post
    Yes.. comparison of the phones in the basement would be great..
    My understanding is that with an internal antenna, you automaticaly lose 15%. That is due to the antenna being closer to the head with a higher rate of absorbtion in the tissue. This is true with all cell radios with internal antennas.
    Matty
    Quote Originally Posted by matty032 View Post
    My understanding is that with an internal antenna, you automaticaly lose 15%. That is due to the antenna being closer to the head with a higher rate of absorbtion in the tissue. This is true with all cell radios with internal antennas.
    You understand incorrectly. The difference between a non-extendable stub antenna and an internal antenna is very slight.

The 700p has much better reception than the 650 and the 755p should as well.
  9. PSM
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nsxprime View Post
    The 700p has much better reception than the 650 and the 755p should as well.
    Good to know, I hope that's the case. My annual summer gig takes place in the Unholy Void of Cellular Reception, where apparently only T-mobile works. Maybe this year I won't have to do the usual, "Hang on while I walk clear across the building to the loading dock where you might be able to hear what I'm saying." I'm becoming more and more sure that as soon as VZW releases this phone I'm getting one.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    I also though the treo will send more power to the radio if the signal is weak. Is it possible that the 755 will use more power to get the same reception?
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    No difference in Signal here coming from a 700P. I am in a strong Sprint voice and EVDO area anyway. Data is a bit snappier though...
    Verizon Pre 2, HP TouchPad

Catch me on Twitter

Google+ Me