1.    #1  
    Hey all,

I figure if anyone can answer this, they will be here! Basically, some really crazy stuff has been going on with my treo today. I had my phone in my pocket this morning, drove to work, then when I got to work, I noticed my pocket was getting kinda hot and pulled out my treo 700p. Immediately i noticed the screen was on, but the backlight was off. I quickly took out the battery to do a soft reset, and fortunately that fixed it. In the evening I whipped out my phone again and wanted to text message someone and all my messages were gone! Its not super critical, but I would like to recover the message somehow.

I figured this could've happened by one of a few ways. 1) some buttons got pressed while it was in my pocket and cleared all the messages. 2) a bug in the treo did this. 3) one of the programs I have is hiding the messages.

If the messages really are deleted off the phone, would they be synced up on my computer?

Thanks!
    The file that holds all your text messages is called Messages Database. If you use a backup program, restore that file. If not, go to where your palm directory is located - usually something like c:\program files\palmone, then open the folder that has your user name, click the folder that's called backup and look for the file called messages database.pdb. That's the file you need to get back on your treo.
    First, copy it to your desktop so you have a copy of it, in case it gets overwritten.
    Next, you can email yourself this file or copy it to your SD card, then copy it to the phone once your sd card is in using (free) utilities like Filez.
    Stupid 700p... mine does that all the time. Thankfully I have Resco Backup set to backup nightly. One time the stupid phone reset then Resco Backup did a backup after a reset, which deleted the backup that I had! Grrrrrr
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys! I got it figured out the other day the way albertb mentioned, and it worked great. Only difference is, instead of forcing the file installation, I just did a reverse sync of my backup folder. Instead of backing up whats on the treo to the backup folder, it puts the stuff in the computers backup folder on the treo. Hope this helps anyone in the future thats as clueless as I am.
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    click the folder that's called backup and look for the file called messages database.pdb. That's the file you need to get back on your treo.

and if that one is empty too, are they all gone?

I Hot Synced today, it got hung up. I cancelled and Hot Synced again...it must have dumped the messages file in between the two and since I didn't catch it, it re-wrote over my original database with the new one which was empty. As far as I can tell.

Is there another copy of this anywhere? What if I did a system restore with Windows, would that help?
    I don't think doing a system restore would recover the files. In the odd chance you have Windows Vista, you can restore a previous version of the file.
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Do you do any backups of your treo with something like BackupBuddy or NVBackup?