Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1.    #1  
    Is anyone using Dial by Photo?

    I am loving it...even quite a bit more than takephone. The interface is pretty customizable, although I have a few wish list items (font handling and layout options, mainly). Overall though it is slick..
  2. #2  
    There are several current threads in the application forum. It is a good app.
  3. #3  
    huh, i tried it out but didn't like it. Unless there was a setting I missed, you couldn't just tap on the person's photo (or character if you used one of the default ones) to call them. :-(
  4. #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by boberang View Post
    huh, i tried it out but didn't like it. Unless there was a setting I missed, you couldn't just tap on the person's photo (or character if you used one of the default ones) to call them. :-(
    Um, dude? That's exactly what DBP is DESIGNED for. Either tap the picture, or simply scroll to the pic using the 5-way and hit the center button ("enter") to dial. Just to confirm, I just did that. Both ways.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Um, dude? That's exactly what DBP is DESIGNED for. Either tap the picture, or simply scroll to the pic using the 5-way and hit the center button ("enter") to dial. Just to confirm, I just did that. Both ways.
    Yeah, that is what i figured too, but it doesn't work. I thought my touchscreen was bad after I installed it! But no, touchscreen works elsewhere. The only way I could dial was scroll to the pic using the 5-way and hit the center button....but I couldn't tap on a photo to dial it. :-(
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by boberang View Post
    Yeah, that is what i figured too, but it doesn't work. I thought my touchscreen was bad after I installed it! But no, touchscreen works elsewhere. The only way I could dial was scroll to the pic using the 5-way and hit the center button....but I couldn't tap on a photo to dial it. :-(
    Yeah, something does sound messed up... because when I read your post I tried the tap thing to see if it worked (I had always used the 5-way approach) and it worked just fine for me...weird.
  7. #7  
    Mine works...maybe you need to recalibrate your screen.
  8. #8  
    I love DBP except for the stupid "dial by photo initializing" message I get for a full 30 seconds when i try to use it. Sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't. It didn't happen until I installed the last few new versions though.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
  9. #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    I love DBP except for the stupid "dial by photo initializing" message I get for a full 30 seconds when i try to use it. Sometimes this happens, sometimes it doesn't. It didn't happen until I installed the last few new versions though.
    This only happens the first time you run it after a reset or after installing a new version of the program. After that first initialization, it starts right up.
  10. #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicman247 View Post
    This only happens the first time you run it after a reset or after installing a new version of the program. After that first initialization, it starts right up.
    It will do it after every reset if you have "conserve memory usage" checked in Advance 1 settings.
  11.    #11  
    I've got a couple of issues with DBP...when using a Butler favorite to dial a number, it will return to the Palm dialer instead of DBP, even though supposedly DBP makes itself the default phone app.

    Also I wish that I could make DBP my default SMS app somehow.
  12. #12  
    The first time it runs, it needs to reload everything. If you have your treo to reset daily, it will have to be reinitialized each time after that reset.

Posting Permissions