Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    its worth a try, i think it may only work with AT&T service. but heck, go for it!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    I've been using Mundu for several months now with multiple IM accounts (Google, Yahoo, AIM and MSN). It works dandy for basic texting. Much better than going through the some of the mini-browser based services, such as Yahoo. As a bonus, it alerts you when new e-mail comes in through any of those accounts.
    fishera: DA as in Directory assistant? For some reason it's not working for me now with T-Zones. I was looking for a way to set the proxy in DA using the same settings I use on Blazer (confirmed that works) but no luck.
  4.    #24  
    As previously suggested, got the woman set up with AIM forwarding on her phone. Works great for people who want to text her...

We still have to iron out setting up a "mobile" buddy list (which according to an AOL faq, is limited to 25-30 people). So you send one text to "sign on" ...get a return email with your online buddies at the moment and cooresponding 5 digit codes for each buddy that you could SMS/chat with ...

Not a perfect replacement for toccer w/full data plan, but its at least something for in the meantime.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by belminf View Post
    fishera: DA as in Directory assistant? For some reason it's not working for me now with T-Zones. I was looking for a way to set the proxy in DA using the same settings I use on Blazer (confirmed that works) but no luck.
    yeah DA as in Direc. Assist.

Mine works with proxy settings. Now of course Google Maps wont be able to work still, but being able to look up locations and get directions that load Google Maps in Blazer works!

Toccer works under T-MobileWeb there pal. Here are the settings:

under Profiles, select your AIM address that you added...
    TOC Hostname: toc.oscar.aol.com
    TOC Port: 110

works PERFECTLY on my T-Zones ($5.99 a month). Hope that helps!

ALSO: I am being told a new version of MunduIM will ship later this week that will work with T-Zones proxy!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12