Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan View Post
    I'm not sure of the root cause of the problem, but I fixed it using Reset Doctor. It contains a utility that either prevents the problem or fixes it (not sure which) after each reset. I haven't lost the network setting since I started using it. http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com
    I too only started having this problem when I upgraded to the 680. It's annoying that the only solution is to spend $10 on software that shouldn't be needed.
    Global Posts
    459 Global Posts
    If you have the unlimited data plan you don't need tzones! You've got a connection anywhere and don't have to depend on hot spots. At least that's how my unlimited data plan works.
    a dirty mind is a terrible thing to waste
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    If you have the unlimited data plan you don't need tzones! You've got a connection anywhere and don't have to depend on hot spots. At least that's how my unlimited data plan works.
    The data plan is $40/month, t-zones is $6/month.

I'll live with having to fix the settings intermittently.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by randyg View Post
    While T-zones does offer wireless at hotspots for computers or pda's, it also means unlimited Internet use anywhere for Treos and other phones on t-Mobile's network. When I used my Tungsten C, I thought that was so handy, but now I have the Treo 680, I no longer see the need for wireless because I'm connected all the time, thanks to t-zones. And, can't beat the price!
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    mssweet, im not so sure about that. I know it works with proxy all the time, and without proxy... 90% of the time.

Im looking for an official fix, even if it means complaining to my T-Mobile rep that it doesn't state what phones I can use it on and doesn't state that ports are blocked, false advertising and all. I am a honorary customer, 4 years, 3 phones... they should respect me! =]
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    I am a honorary customer, 4 years, 3 phones... they should respect me! =]

Good Luck with that........
    I purchased three 680's when they came out. Two of those worked right out of the box with T-Mobile VPN ($19.99/month). The third 680 has this problem. T-Mobile switched the SIM but it didn't help. They and Palm confirmed that this was a known problem and was being addressed in a ROM update. (Yeah, I know, that doesn't make any sense.)

By the way, AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $difference$ $between$ $T$-$Mobile$ $VPN$ $for$ $$19$.$99$/$month$ $and$ $T$-$Mobile$ $Internet$ $for$ $$29$.$99$/$month$ $is$ $that$ &$quot$;$Internet$&$quot$; $also$ $gives$ $you$ $access$ $to$ $the$ $Hot$-$Spots$, $which$ $is$ $why$ $businesses$ $use$ $the$ &$quot$;$VPN$&$quot$; $option$. $That$ $is$ $to$ $say$, $$10$/$month$/$user$ $adds$ $up$ $really$ $quickly$ $and$ $how$ $much$ $is$ $the$ $company$ $really$ $going$ $to$ $benefit$ $by$ $the$ $small$ $number$ $of$ $users$ $that$ $actually$ $sit$ $in$ $a$ $Starbucks$ $all$ $day$ $long$.
    Treo 700P (& GoodLink Administrator)
    Simpsonized
    I just called t-mobile support with this same issue to see what they could tell me. I am on the 19.99 "blackberry" plan, and their pda/blackberry support service said I should stay with that plan, but connect to wap.voicestream.com (t-zones). Just because it is called tzones doesn't mean it is the same as the $6 internet. $6 tzones is only configured to connect to mobile sites (mobile.google.com), where as with my treo, once connected to tzones, I should be able to connect to any website. (They gave me some song and dance that their network used to be set up incorrectly ad that several treo users with $6 internet plans could connect anywhere, but he claims that they have corrected that now......) He had me delete tmobile internet (internet2.voicestream.com), tmobile VPN (internet3.voicestream.com), and only leave the tzones setting (wap.voicestream.com) in there, which worked, however, after a reset the other two came back again- bah!

Here's to hoping that there's a fix for this soon....
    Palm -> PalmIII -> HPC Jornada 720 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 680

http://canyonero.org/ashu16
    Quote Originally Posted by jcatan View Post
    I'm not sure of the root cause of the problem, but I fixed it using Reset Doctor. It contains a utility that either prevents the problem or fixes it (not sure which) after each reset. I haven't lost the network setting since I started using it. http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com
    Reset Doc didn't work for me on restoring the T-Zones, any ideas?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12