Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Does anyone know of any app out there that will provide "force feedback" to button presses on the touch screen through vibration. It seems this would be easy, but I am not a programmer. I often find that when I try to press a button with my finger, it may not press... then I have to wait...then I realize It didn't press...and I press it again. This problem is amplifed when trying to press web links in blazer with my finger. If there was a quick vibrate feedback it would be much more intuitive.
    I don't think this would be beneficial for the lifespan of the screen or digitizer. May I suggest using the stylus or a fingernail rather than the fleshy part of a finger.
  3.    #3  
    So I agree with that, and most of the time I am a stylus user. But that is not the point. Even with a stylus with the treo's slow response sometimes you just don't know id you acltaly "clicked/tap" the thing you were trying to "click/tap". There is already a vibration motor in the phone, that is used all thr time for silent ring. I am just saying it would be great for that same vibrate motor to give a very short acknoledgment that you have taped something on the screen. My Wii does it, my Xbox260 does it, why can't my treo do it ?
    Quote Originally Posted by ComicMasta View Post
    So I agree with that, and most of the time I am a stylus user. But that is not the point. Even with a stylus with the treo's slow response sometimes you just don't know id you acltaly "clicked/tap" the thing you were trying to "click/tap". There is already a vibration motor in the phone, that is used all thr time for silent ring. I am just saying it would be great for that same vibrate motor to give a very short acknoledgment that you have taped something on the screen. My Wii does it, my Xbox260 does it, why can't my treo do it ?
    Because there is no vibration device iinstalled in the palms.. I believe the Zodiac has some type of feedback in them...So im sure a porgram can be made for just them.
  5.    #5  
    There must be. I can set my treo to vibrate instead of ring. I can't believe there is not a program to take advantage of that. Maybe I'm Crazy, but it sounds easy to do.
  6.    #6  
    Are there any hobiest developers out there who want to give this a shot. It's worth 20$ to me...maybe others.
    This would actually be kind of a cool app imo...i agree...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I'll try to add it into 2LaunchMe.
    Check out MapTool Pro the best mapping app for all webOS devices!
    Let your kids practice their math101 Math This!
    Best image processing app for all webOS devices? Try ImageWorker Pro
    sounds like a cool idea. I'd try it.
  10.    #10  
    I was wandering if this board was still active, you guys had me worried. Glad to see you all. MetaView, if you can add it to 2LaunchMe That would be awsome. Like I said...I'll buy it.
    Here, try this. It reacts on PenDown.
    Attached Files Attached Files
  12.    #12  
    I Love the feel of the Vib. Just the right amount. My only question is, is there any other event you could tie to to filter just for button/link presses. What I am saying is its possible to touch the screen and and activate "pen down" without the treo actualy doing anything. For instance if you touch the white space of a web page in blazer. What do you think ?

Also Oddly, I just noticed it does not seem to work when pressing numbers in the phone app.
  13.    #13  
    Further info: It seems to work in the phone app sometimes ...
    This is Great !!!
    I could also bind it to ctlSelect, then it should only act on button presses. There will be always stupid apps where it doesn't work. I will make it optional and also if tight to penDown or ctlSelect. Btw: did you noticed the menu-key tight to the green Treo 680-button? Should be optional too.
    Just a word of caution ... I tried it out, and when in the calc program, it suddenly stopped working -- that is, ALL vibrate stopped working, including incoming phone calls/messages & calendar alarms! After a soft reset, it still didn't work. I thought I had "fried" the vibrate component! But I did a hard reset, and it's working again (fortunately had a backup copy on SD card). Something to check out, me thinks...
    It still works here.
  17.    #17  
    I haven't had that problem either.
    I have noticed a couple of odd times it has triggered, like when click center button to select something from a menu in certain apps.
    Also, sometimes it does not trigger, I wonder if this has to do with CPU Load ?
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by MetaView View Post
    Btw: did you noticed the menu-key tight to the green Treo 680-button? Should be optional too.
    MetaView, I'm using a 700p. Are you talking about a soft menu button above the green button in the new phone interface ? The 700p's phone app is a little different.
  19.    #19  
    MetaView,

Have you had a chance to do any more development ? Just checkin in.
    ComicMasta: No, not yet. You know, too much things in parallel and not enough time for all. But I haven't forget it yet. I can't, my Treo rumbles whenever I touch the screen :-)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast