1.    #1  
    I just upgraded from a 650 to a 700p. On the 650, I could input fractions like 1/2, 1/4, 3/4 by using the alt key after typing a 1 (for 1/2 or 1/4) or a 3 (for 3/4). On the 700p, I can't find the fractions anywhere. But it does display them if they're already in an appointment.

Anyone know how to input fractions?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlanK View Post
    I just upgraded from a 650 to a 700p. On the 650, I could input fractions like 1/2, 1/4, 3/4 by using the alt key after typing a 1 (for 1/2 or 1/4) or a 3 (for 3/4). On the 700p, I can't find the fractions anywhere. But it does display them if they're already in an appointment.

Anyone know how to input fractions?
    Never knew you could do that with the 650 and I had one for almost 2 years! Maybe youre one of the few who knew of that functionality. I have had the 700p for 9 mos now and havent found a shortcut to input fractions, as I have always inputed them manually.
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    "1"
    Black Button+q ..."/"
    "2"
    Quote Originally Posted by haroldo View Post
    "1"
    Black Button+q ..."/"
    "2"
    That's the manual way I have always done it.
    ^ its not the same. On the 650 it would minimize the fraction to the size of one character instead of 3.

I liked that about the 650, but I don't think its built in to the 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by sxtg View Post
    ^ its not the same. On the 650 it would minimize the fraction to the size of one character instead of 3.

I liked that about the 650, but I don't think its built in to the 700p.
    Oh, so there never was a shortcut. Youre just wondering about the display.
    Yes there was a shortcut, and the resulting fraction was only the size of one character. Instead of the manual 1/2 being 3 characters. It was like an MS word fraction
    Oh...never knew!
    I do like the way all alternate characters are available from any character button on the 700p better, so I don't have to go hunting, but I miss the fractions
    I miss that too. The smaller fraction character looked so much better.
    This looks like it might be application (or at least development environment version or font family) dependent.

When I'm using Goodlink on a 700p, the fractions shortcut still works, and all of the alt shortcuts appear like they do on the 650. However, when I'm in the built-in applications (or anything else I've tried), the alt versions of any numbers are the special character palette. Odd.
    Take a look at Fractions by Arzdog Software - http://palmgear.com/index.cfm?fuseac...1&prodID=52761 - not quite what you are wanting, but a place to start. Ben
    They also have removed the ` symbol, and I'm not a fan of how it shows every symbol everytime, I much preferred the way my Treo 600 did it.

Also, it worked much better in a single vertical column.
  14.    #14  
    I've got somewhat of a solution to enter fractions. Since we can no longer define our own shortcuts, I downloaded shortcut5.
    Then I entered the fractions 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 (the only ones that were on the Treo 650) in an MS Word document. Then copied/pasted them into a memo entry on palm desktop. After a hotsync, I highlight & copy 1 fraction at a time from the memo, go into SC5 to create a shortcut name, and paste the fraction into the "shortcut" field.