1.    #1  
    I mean if it's only improvement is internal antennae, while it "offers" reduced battery life and mini SD why would I pay more for it?

It just blows my mind that palm would release this. Their #1 selling point is google maps!?1? which you can download for free?1?

Here's a funny video that sums it up from analysts: http://www.forbes.com/video/?video=f...rtner=yahootix

I was initially excited by it, however it looks like ALL they did after 1 yr is cram the 700p ROM into a 680 body.

What a shame.
    The 755p is a better buy my friend. The package is better than that of a patched 700p (lest you really really want that 2400mAh battery that fits the 700p without a case mod).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    you can't have big capacity SD cards though
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    I almost agree with craigdts. I'm scoping some 700p's on ebay myself. Why pay $280 and lock yourself in for another 2 years when you can pay less for the same hardware and features sans the antenna - oh boy Plus when you buy from a third party, there's no restart on the contract. If I don't like the 700, I can always flog it off back on ebay, and go back to my trusty 650.

If the patch is going to have the same effect( I guess that's really the $$$ question), why pay more?
    How much storage do you need? I'm not an advocate of the 755p's miniSD slot but they do make them up to 4gb...and the technology is only increasing! If anything, I would invest into microSD since they make adapters for the larger formats and you should be covered for the next 3 years. The 755p would be the better choice, because you can keep it insured, and you know it will be supported for the next year or so. And since its the same as the 700p hardware-wise, youre not losing or gaining much! Lastly, keep in mind that the 3rd party accessory companies wont be jumping to accomodate the 700p anymore. The 755p is now the trend-setter. Just some points to consider.
    I had the same question, buy the 700p or wait for the 755p?
    Since I already have a case and SD cards, it makes sense to get the 700p. I ordered it on Monday.
    Now the Sprint SERO site has to get it back in stock so it can ship to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by patchs View Post
    I had the same question, buy the 700p or wait for the 755p?
    Since I already have a case and SD cards, it makes sense to get the 700p. I ordered it on Monday.
    Now the Sprint SERO site has to get it back in stock so it can ship to me.
    They might not sell the 700p since the 755p is the 'replacement'. But they should offer the 700p until the 755p officially hits shelves.
    if this is an upgrade from the 600/650 or a new treo for you, i would think the 750p would be a much better choice. they will coast you almost the same amount and the 755p will offer much more. it just seems obvious (sorry)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    What 750p?
    Quote Originally Posted by detective View Post
    What 750p?
    oops.. thanks Mr. Detective ;-)
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.