1.    #1  
    My 650 is suffering from the infamous defective audio port. I can get it to work if I jam the jack to the left. However this requires a good deal of force and finagling now. I like to listen to music and drive and now my FM transmitter is useless because the tiniest bump ruins the connection. So now I'm weighing my options.

I could just fork over $75 and get the fix detailed in the audio thread above. However, I have some thoughts.

I'm 18 months into a 2 year contract. At this point music is important so I am considering upgrading. I bought one of the earthlink phones when they came out but they don't offer an upgrade to another palm any more so I can't go to them for an upgrade. I also am out of warranty. This means waiting until the end of my contract before upgrading.

Treotricks.com discusses a possible bluetooth option here. The software for the 650 is only $30 but again i like to listen while driving and headphones are not a good idea. I want a speaker option.

I know there are radio options where I could upgrade my car radio to receive bluetooth signals. The questions I have are:

1) Will the software option work with a car stereo receiving bluetooth signals?
    2) What's a good bluetooth stereo to buy? Doesn't have to have lots of other options, only the bluetooth is important.
    3) Anyone else have a setup like this with a 650 and does it work?

The advantage to this setup is that I won't have to worry about wires any more, and if it works with the 650 it should work with any phone I upgrade in the future. I have a bluetooth headset and could get bluetooth headphones for the future.

Thanks in advance for any advice or notes on your experiences!
    Sounds like it should work. The softick website says:

Softick Audio Gateway can operate with any Bluetooth audio device which supports Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) designed to transfer a high-quality stereo audio stream wirelessly.
    Softick Audio Gateway captures digital audio from the Palm OS audio subsystem and redirects it to the Bluetooth A2DP device:

Bluetooth stereo headphones or bluetooth stereo headsets
    Desktop PC with a2dp drivers installed
    Bluetooth car stereo kit
    A2DP Speakers.
    You would just need to find a car kit that supported A2DP.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks! I probably overlooked that because I didn't quite understand it until now. I'll look into it. Thanks again!