1.    #1  
    From the reviews floating out there, it looks like the 755p doesn't have the updated dial screen that the Treo 680 has. Is this the case?
    IT does not... I wonder why... not that it's a GOOD upgrade... I just make do...
    Now it's the WAITING GAME: a GSM Palm Pre
    T680 (COPPER) + Cingular = FUN!!
    My T650 & 6230b and NX70 are retired... =(
    http://mrg9605.com
    http://ipgeek21.com
    noncents.net
    http://seresqueridos.com

justdai.com
    reddingk.com
    georgeozuna.com
    goaskoscar.com
    shocking isn't it. That phone dial screen must be a ATT exclusive that palm agreed to in order to get ATT to carry the 680.
    It doesnt. However, that might have been a Sprint call to keep a consistancy in terms of support between the 700p and 755p.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    According to some reviews I read Palm wanted to keep the "Corporate" look and not the "Kid" look of the 680 phone app.. pfft
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by craigdts View Post
    shocking isn't it. That phone dial screen must be a ATT exclusive that palm agreed to in order to get ATT to carry the 680.
    The dial screen appears on the unlocked/unbranded versions as well so it can't be an ATT exclusive.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Eguy View Post
    According to some reviews I read Palm wanted to keep the "Corporate" look and not the "Kid" look of the 680 phone app.. pfft
    I think the 680 phone app could still looks professional if you had a nice corporate wallpaper behind it. It gives the phone app a more refined, updated feel like web 2.0. The current app on the 700p/755p seems a bit dated for 2007, even more dated than the current OS is even.
    According to Palm, they didn't use the 680's phone app because it's not as professional or corporate looking, and also because it's tied in closely with the GSM radio and would have had to be rewritten for the 755p since it's CDMA. I think the 680's phone app looks nice, but I've heard enough negative things about it that I'm fine with keeping the 650/700p phone app for the 755p.
    I have a 680. I would much prefer the 650/755 phone App. the 680 one is a real step backwards.
    *cough*DialByPhotoisallyouneed*cough*
    I had the 680, I prefer the phone app on my 700p and 755p.
    Jimmie Geddes
    Global Posts
    829 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    I have a 680. I would much prefer the 650/755 phone App. the 680 one is a real step backwards.
    I agree.
    it's good that you all feel that way ... makes us 700 owners feel better
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    *cough*DialByPhotoisallyouneed*cough*

+1