1.    #1  
    The Sprint release of the Treo 755p comes with a 1600 mah battery versus the 1200 that comes with the 680/750 release. Just thought I'd post it here for those who are power users or find themselves running out of juice sooner rather than later.
    yeah, but the battery doesn't fit the 680......
    Smiley, Ima check that as soon as I get off the phone. I think it does fit, and if so, guess what we are all ordering
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Antoine,

Ryan at PIC says it won't. The bad news seems to never stop from Palm lately.
    Patrick Horne
    Is it true that the 755 is ONLY for Sprint?
    Yea, I figured that out last night. Posted that somewhere.

The 755p is only for Sprint but roams just fine on VZW networks (used it on DC Metro underground all week, that was sweet).

Ok, so I called myself taking a bit of a risk before I sent this 755p back to Palm. I literally forced the 755p's battery into the 680's slot, and it fit. Really, really snugly, but it fit. However, it is about 1mm too tall. If the same capacity could be done but the battery dropped 1mm for the 680/750 models, this would be a nice battery addition. Or, if there was a slightly modified battery cover (I mean really slight, we are talking about 1mm here) then that battery could be used.

The fact that Palm was able to get in a redesign to this aspect of the device is quite amazing IMO. I wish that I could take advantage of it, but its still pretty neat.

I don't understand. Is it really too tall? Or did you really make it fit? Which is it, did you make it fit, or is it too tall?
    I literally forced it in there. It fit, but the door wouldnt go on. And the 755p's door is shaped slightly differently and so that didn't fit either.

But the battery fit (tightly), and my 680 worked just fine. It was a good bit heavier though. The weignt in my hand was noticably different.

Aha. I would have put up with the forcing it in, but not if you can't get the back on. Then it just becomes another humpback.
    Yea. That's why I say about 1mm shaved from the battery would work just fine. At that the abttery door goes back on just fine. There is a sticker and something else at the bottom of the 680/750's battery area and if that was removed, it might fit without shaving the battery at all. But that is for others to play with, I've sent the 755p back as EVDO was getting too fun with Sprint TV

Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    ...At that the abttery door goes back on just fine. ...
    Huh?
    Yeah I dont get it either...

When you put the 755 battery in on the 680, you can put back the back of 680 on, and you have to force it, but it fits right?
    -----------------
    http://kunjan.net
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    i dont think it fits fine. i wudn't wanna crush my treo's door or treo this way... ill stick to the 1200mAh.

Palm should release a 1400mAh that is the same physical size, that wud get us a little happier around here.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    When you put the 755 battery in on the 680, you can put back the back of 680 on, and you have to force it, but it fits right?
    You cannot put the 680's battery cover back on. The battery fits tightly. Very tightly, and is taller.

If the 755p's battery were 1mm less thick, the 680's battery door would go back on just fine.