Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I want the 755p but I always hear bad things about Sprint. Who's happy with sprint?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    It really depends on where you live. I've had Sprint since 1999 and have been mostly pleased with the coverage. One area that's hard to beat vs other carriers is the data plan. $15-$20 for unlimited data compared to Verizon and Cingular. Also, you want to consider if you have EVDO coverage where you live if you plan to take advantage of the higher download speeds.

Good luck.
    If local coverage is good and if you do not need your phone outside the U.S. and if you understand that every call to customer service will take 18 minutes then Sprint is good.

It was the SERO pricing that lured me from Tmo.

Oh. One more 'if' - ...and if you don't need that fabulous Tmo hotspot coverage. I'm at DFW right now, damned glad that I still have my Tmo account for the free wifi.
    Sprint has the best data network in the country. In most metro areas, their voice network is as good as anyones.

I have been all around the country and have never had a problem. Also- if you ever did need to roam nto the VZ network, than those minutes are included on the newer plans.
    Neopoint 1000, I300, Treo 300, i330, Toshiba 2032, Treo 600, T608/UX50, I500,Treo 600, G1000, Treo 650, PPC-6600, PPC-6700, Treo 650, Blackberry 7250, Treo 700wx, Motorola Q, PPC-6800, 700wx, Motorola Q9c, Sprint Touch, Sprint ACE, 700wx, 800w, Touch Pro, 800w, Touch Diamond, 800w, Treo Pro, Palm Pre, HTC Hero, Palm Pre, EVO 4G warm2.2
  5.    #5  
    Ok, thanks for the info. I travel all over the country but reside in chicago. Maybe ill give sprint a go or wait until the 755p comes out on verizon
    alot of good point where covered already -I'll add one more. Customer service sucks. no, really - it does. You need to get to a Treo speciazlist right away for phone issues, but for billing and stuff good luck

(Background: I've been on sprint for 10 years. I have three active phones and a plan which has always been over $150. I've had the 600, 650 and 700).
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    alot of good point where covered already -I'll add one more. Customer service sucks. no, really - it does. You need to get to a Treo speciazlist right away for phone issues, but for billing and stuff good luck

(Background: I've been on sprint for 10 years. I have three active phones and a plan which has always been over $150. I've had the 600, 650 and 700).
    Yes, this is true as a blanket statement. I have found some loopholes by manufacturing good relationships with store managers and technicians in the physical stores, who take care of me. And I have been with Sprint for over 4 years.
    Global Posts
    89 Global Posts
    I live/work in Chicago. Sprint's coverage here is great. I had Cingular for a bit, but Sprint is much better (faster, cheaper, great coverage).
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Love the coverage and fair pricing in Washington Metro area. Customer service is basically horrible. I will say that I manage a Sprint account with 40 lines, and I can tell a marked improvement over the last 4-5 months with business accounts. So, I think they are working on their service. I still would grade it a C, at best!
    Last edited by slwatts; 05/09/2007 at 04:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Yes, this is true as a blanket statement. I have found some loopholes by manufacturing good relationships with store managers and technicians in the physical stores, who take care of me. And I have been with Sprint for over 4 years.

I'm gonna have to try that - thanks
    da Gimp

Global Posts
    252 Global Posts
    I am happy with Sprint coverage and cost (here in NJ) but their customer service is the absolute worst.

Just be careful if you have a billing problem the solution is always I can "fix the plan". When they fix the plan they automatically up you another 2 years.
    one other things- relative to verizon they are usually cheaper.
    da Gimp

I hate Sprint's Cust service with a passion. I am hoping this 755 comes to Vz soon.

Sprint's reps couldnt find there *** if they were trapped in a zip lock bag.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Quote Originally Posted by fkjr2 View Post
    I hate Sprint's Cust service with a passion. I am hoping this 755 comes to Vz soon.

Sprint's reps couldnt find there *** if they were trapped in a zip lock bag.
    No, no, no. I completely disagree. Sprint's reps couldn't hit the ground with an egg if you squeezed the chicken for them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post
    No, no, no. I completely disagree. Sprint's reps couldn't hit the ground with an egg if you squeezed the chicken for them.
    Finally, someone who understands me.......
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    I just ported my number to Verizon from Sprint, and what was a *perfect* phone (before my number was transferred) has become something of a nightmare.

There are three loud beeps every time a call connects (which VZW tells me is voicemail even though my box is empty). In certain places, it won't get any signal where other VZW phones do, in certain spots I can't connect to the internet, in one specific place in Brooklyn I can use data but I cannot make phone calls, except to Verizon's customer service, who insist I must hard reset every time, which does nothing.

I've called them a few times and they've no idea what's wrong. So.. yeah Verizon I miss Sprint
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers View Post

so Funny ... I'm actually LOLing, not just writing it for drama
    da Gimp

SERO pricing alone is a good reason. Can't beat it.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    1st- T-Mobile
    2nd- Sprint
    3rd- Cingular (AT&T)
    4th- Verizon Wireless

That is the order of my favorite carriers, right now I have T-Mobile because I prefer GSM. But if I had to choose something else, it would be a toss up between Sprint and Cingular (AT&T). I love Sprint's data plans, $15 is very close to my $5.99 but has the advantage of some SprintTV and EvDO! So if you don't mind being locked to one cell phone for an entire two years of your contract, and plan to never ever leave the United States, Canada, and parts of Mexico... go with Sprint to get the Treo 755p. Otherwise go to a GSM carrier (T-Mobile or Cingular *AT&T*) and get an unlocked Treo 680 or Treo 750.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Quote Originally Posted by Diana Prince View Post
    SERO pricing alone is a good reason. Can't beat it.
    Any clue how long it typically takes for a phone to show up in SERO? I see that the 700wx is there, but the 700p is not...

EDIT: Oh, and are SERO phones only available as part of a plan, or can just the phone be purchased? Please say yes
    Last edited by Derek Kessler; 05/13/2007 at 10:36 PM.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast