Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hair View Post
    Any clue how long it typically takes for a phone to show up in SERO? I see that the 700wx is there, but the 700p is not...

EDIT: Oh, and are SERO phones only available as part of a plan, or can just the phone be purchased? Please say yes
    Phone + Plan only.

The 700P used to be on SERO, but they removed it about 2 weeks ago. Probably because it's been End-of-Lifed, the 755p should show up there soon. Sometimes it shows up as soon as a week after the launch.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    1st- T-Mobile
    2nd- Sprint
    3rd- Cingular (AT&T)
    4th- Verizon Wireless

That is the order of my favorite carriers, right now I have T-Mobile because I prefer GSM. But if I had to choose something else, it would be a toss up between Sprint and Cingular (AT&T). I love Sprint's data plans, $15 is very close to my $5.99 but has the advantage of some SprintTV and EvDO! So if you don't mind being locked to one cell phone for an entire two years of your contract, and plan to never ever leave the United States, Canada, and parts of Mexico... go with Sprint to get the Treo 755p. Otherwise go to a GSM carrier (T-Mobile or Cingular *AT&T*) and get an unlocked Treo 680 or Treo 750.
    I am on sprint now with 650 - meets my needs here in Wash Metro area and around US.

Would like to be able to use treo in europe also, on as cheap data plans as possible; dont need voice cheap so much as would use skype for an long calls.

Appreciate suggestons for which treo and which gsm carrier in usa best to enable treo to serve overseas (10% of use)...or is it better to get a separate gsm phone just for use while travelling overseas?

Also, where can i get info on which treo can be adapted to receive wifi also?
    When there is a problem, ECare and Retentions have more flexibility/resources than Verizon customer service, IME. Otherwise, Sprint CS stinks.
    I get 5-6 bars consistently in my area, so its fine. the sero deal beats out any bad CS.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    alot of good point where covered already -I'll add one more. Customer service sucks. no, really - it does. You need to get to a Treo speciazlist right away for phone issues, but for billing and stuff good luck

(Background: I've been on sprint for 10 years. I have three active phones and a plan which has always been over $150. I've had the 600, 650 and 700).
    I must concur about the customer service. But, really, I've found that most customer service sucks, these days.

My experience with Sprint, however, has been pretty disappointing. I remain with them partially because they're the devil I know... y'know?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    i've been with sprint since i very first got a cell phone back in the nokia 8100 days of swapping faceplates and playing snake when i was bored. (sprint absorbed my then current wireless provider)

And yes, pretty much all customer services sucks.....sprints website is absolutely terrible for trouble shooting or searching for answers to technical questions(it basically pulls up a bunch of unrelated pdf manuals of different phones you dont even own)

however sprint has never (knock on wood) screwed me personally in any way. no wierd charges or double billing or anything (knock on MORE wood). but i have heard those stories. i may be the lucky few but billing has been very accurate to date(have i knocked on wood yet?).

service has been excellent as well. im in NorthDakota and stay on the east side and mainly only travel eastwardly when i leave the state. EVDO is smokin fast everywhere i've been so far. i'll be traveling for work this summer to various states (WY, AR, western ND) so i'll be able to find out what services are like in those areas but overall im very please with the sprint, the EVDO coverage and especially the performance of my 755p. (of course there's always flukes or horror stories but a little research will help deminish those chances)
    Sadly, I have experienced one of those horror stories.

Long/short: I disputed some charges on my Sprint PCS bill. I didn't dispute all the charges, though, so I called them to pay part of the total charges.

The phone rep took my billing/card information, but didn't ask me how much I'd planned on paying. I pointed this out to him and he said okay, then asked me how much I wanted to pay. I told him and thought that was that.

Later, I found that he'd actually charged my card for more than I authorized. No one I contacted at Sprint PCS would do anything about this, despite claiming they'd look into or take care of it.

These days, I'd have a better idea of how to handle it, but no one should have to handle something like that. As far as I'm concerned, it's like he took a check I wrote, scratched out the amount I wrote, and put in his own amount.
    I've been with Sprint for about 6 years. Just this morning I was on the phone with them because my bill was $350! After they realized that they had mistakenly charged me a cancellation charge (after I re-newed my agreement when I got the 755!), and hadn't applied ANY of my credits, my bill was $9.

This is not a new experience with Sprint.

Here is my list of pros/cons - I'll note that I'm also in downtown Chicago.

PROs:

Great price (and they will give you deals to get you to stay)
    my coverage has been great

CONs:

Expect to babysit your contract/bill every time you make any kind of change because it will take about 2-3 times before they get it right. That infuriates me but...what can you do.

No international coverage (if that matters to you).

That sums up why I am with them, completely. Price and my coverage is great. But damn, I HATE having to babysit a service to make sure I'm not screwed over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiburon View Post
    I've been with Sprint for about 6 years. Just this morning I was on the phone with them because my bill was $350! After they realized that they had mistakenly charged me a cancellation charge (after I re-newed my agreement when I got the 755!), and hadn't applied ANY of my credits, my bill was $9.

This is not a new experience with Sprint.

Here is my list of pros/cons - I'll note that I'm also in downtown Chicago.

PROs:

Great price (and they will give you deals to get you to stay)
    my coverage has been great

CONs:

Expect to babysit your contract/bill every time you make any kind of change because it will take about 2-3 times before they get it right. That infuriates me but...what can you do.

No international coverage (if that matters to you).

That sums up why I am with them, completely. Price and my coverage is great. But damn, I HATE having to babysit a service to make sure I'm not screwed over.
    I can definitely relate to that babysitting thing.

I've had to tell 3 or 4 different representatives (in-store and by-phone) to set up our P.A.M. and other phone plans. I would always end the call believing everything had been taken care of and that the PREVIOUS associate was just incompetent or whatever... until the last person, of course.

I don't know what their problem is, but I'm at least happy that they occasionally throw money at it. That's one reason I stick around.
    Reasons why I have been with Sprint since 1999 (in order of importance to me):

- Coverage. Great coverage in the DC area. It wasn't great in 1999. But it has improved a great deal. I also get great coverage in the areas that I travel to, including Puerto Rico (EVDO).

- Pricing. The price for their plans, including unlimited data, are awesome.

- Other perks. I was just able to upgrade a 650 and a 700p for $22. Then they gave me a credit for returning the 700p. So I am locked with them until 2009.

- Stress Relief. Stressed at work? Do you feel you want to kill someone but you don't want to get fired? Just dial *2 on your phone and ask for something simple. There is a 50-50 chance that you will get to offload all your stress on someone at the other end of the line.

By the way, I have not had a landline since 1999. So SprintPCS is all I have had. They must be pretty reliable if I am staying with them.
    Last edited by cash70; 06/11/2007 at 06:59 PM.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    3 years ago I was very sceptical about Sprint. The only reason I switched was because they were the only ones that had the Treo600. But I'd have to say, I have no regrets what so ever. I'm pretty patient so I can deal with the CS crap and eventually I speak to a nice rep and get what I want. Pricing wise, can't beat it. Coverage is good in my area but could be better in some. But in some I get coverage where my Verizon friends cant. Overall I am happy with sprint. I have saved a lot of $$$$ with them even on phone upgrades. No other carrier I know of will give you 30% off your contract just for being a loyal customer and give you free upgrades.
    FWIW, and this is just one Munks opinion, I've never had a problem dealing with Sprint.

It took two calls last year to get my old Fair & Flex plan switched to SERO (and I only made the second because the first call was transfered to a department that was closed for the weekend.)

It took one call to activate a SERO line for my son.

It took one call to have Unlimited SMS added.

Never had any issues with billing, or features not being added, or added without my approval. But like I said, that's just one Munks experience.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    I just switched from verizon to sprint and have also have had no problems. I am on the 49.99 SERO plan with unlimited data and text and 1250 min. I was paying $45 JUST for data on Verizon. Big savings and in my area of NY the coverage is the same or I roam on Verizon for free.
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion View Post
    FWIW, and this is just one Munks opinion, I've never had a problem dealing with Sprint.

It took two calls last year to get my old Fair & Flex plan switched to SERO (and I only made the second because the first call was transfered to a department that was closed for the weekend.)

It took one call to activate a SERO line for my son.

It took one call to have Unlimited SMS added.

Never had any issues with billing, or features not being added, or added without my approval. But like I said, that's just one Munks experience.
    Same with me Munky Boy...I actually just got off the phone with retentions and fandangled me a deal on vision. I told them every since I moved into my house in a new area where coverage is spotty and its only spotty on the street and awesome everywhere else...anyways, I told them I am roaming almost half the time on data and voice so they ended up giving me a full Power Vision package with picture mail for $10 a month to make me feel better...it has made me feel real good...lol. I have been a loyal customer and they have always worked with me. I couldn't imagine paying Verizon's prices...I would be a fool.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12